Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder If they tried to buy out the businesses from the neighbouring blocks?

I have wondered the same, however, I would think it might behoove them to build first and buy them out later when they are struggling. Of course, UOR's biggest job is to design everything so that guests have no interest in leaving the property. I would think this would involve building in their own service stores such as pharmacies, salons etc. on property. Does WDW do this?

I have wondered the same, however, I would think it might behoove them to build first and buy them out later when they are struggling. Of course, UOR's biggest job is to design everything so that guests have no interest in leaving the property. I would think this would involve building in their own service stores such as pharmacies, salons etc. on property. Does WDW do this?

I think some businesses could thrive once the hotel is built. If they're offering the same product at a cheaper price than inside the hotel, they could do a lot better now than before.

WDW doesn't do on-site pharmacies (for guests, CMs yes), but they do have little convenience store type areas for quick grab and go items and their deluxe resorts have salons.

Reactions: JPRA513 and Joel
The only thing that limits them to 200 ft (20 stories) is the requirement to put a red beacon on top. DIS has perpetuated that for years, If you want to build higher you just put a light on it.. Look at the polar coaster, they can do 50 stories with no issues as long as they can get a solid foundation under it.

Plot twist: Uni is going to build a 4000 room hotel that is 800 ft tall to steal the Polercoasters thunder.

When I think of this project, the beautiful Bell Rock hotel from Europa Park always come to my mind.

The boardwalk, waterfront would perfectly fit with the WnW location.
The architecture of the Bell Rock is stunning, full of details.
There is no flat and generic facades.

Look at this light house .
View attachment 4235 View attachment 4236

That is one beautifully designed room. I really love the bunk beds.

Reactions: Lucas C
Maybe Universal builds a cruiseship like experience. All inside faced taking you on a intergalactic cruise to Fhloston Paradise. Shuttles bring you to the theme parks on different planets. Food, bars and pools are all included and you can't get off the spaceship.
There will be a role playing element that has a thing that when you are rude to your server they'll treat you bad and spit in your food in the kitchen.

I would expect to see a lot of the lake get filled in. Uni owns almost the entire thing, and I find it hard to believe the aesthetics of the lake outway the value of the rooms that could be build on the land.

I would expect to see a lot of the lake get filled in. Uni owns almost the entire thing, and I find it hard to believe the aesthetics of the lake outway the value of the rooms that could be build on the land.
Yeah I think that lake is gone. That's why they sued a couple properties for having run off water going to the lake without permission.

Yeah I think that lake is gone. That's why they sued a couple properties for having run off water going to the lake without permission.

Was there not some legislation in Orlando that a lake can't be filled in without redistributing the water else where on the same land?

I am not positive but I thought it was pointed out when the closing was announced. They can change 7 seas lagoon by the same measure, it is SWFMD that really calls the shots on water and wetlands.
The thing about 7 Seas Lagoon is that it's connected to a natural lake, so after 45+ years, 7 Seas is pretty much a natural lake now. Nature has taken over. I imagine the same thing could be argued about the lake by WnW - nature has long since taken over that lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.