Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, this should erase any doubt about whether or not there will be a direct walkway:

Gate out the pool which should keep a little traffic control. Was it you that said there would be a gate there many moons ago? Or was it another poster? I know I saw it here

Gate out the pool which should keep a little traffic control. Was it you that said there would be a gate there many moons ago? Or was it another poster? I know I saw it here
I had always assumed there would be at least a walkway up to the park entrance, but I never really knew for sure until now. I always thought the smartest thing to do (even if took a little more effort) would be to have a special gate with a small ticket booth directly from the Cabana Bay lazy river pool area into the park. They would probably sell even more tickets that way, and it would discourage people from trying to park at the resort just to go to the park.
lolwhat

Yeah, that doesn't appear to be leading to a separate entrance but just circles around to the main entrance. Am I misreading that?

To clarify... it doesn't appear to bypass the main ticket-presenting entrance that everyone else will use.

Sooo, what is the work intensive building all about? I am all worn out watching them cut and place those geometric shapes in steel and wood to fit the curves. Tons of electric conduit shooting up from the ground beneath it. Chair reservations? Tapu reservations? Flights out of MCO reservations? :saywhat:

My Dropbox! :thumbsup:

Here's the unmarked version:
Photo%20Apr%2025%2C%2012%2024%2000%20%281%29.jpg

You caught a squirrel eating the tiki roof!

Pro-tip...at rope drop in the morning, head into one of the stores to see the squirrels trying to steal the peanut MnMs

New update from MidwayMayhem!

Here's some highlights: ;)
33463399733_576d11c7a4_b.jpg

Love this view! Closest 'inside the park' photo we've seen!
34232778256_8f716cb92f_b.jpg

Honu ika Moana!
33463400953_bf151b893b_b.jpg

Back of Krakatau!
33463401723_9bc2c1844a_b.jpg

Will we see the return of some of the geysers? There seems to be some new pipes under the 'saucer.'
33463402573_2a4cbef418_b.jpg

Future berm or just a pile of dirt?
33463404853_844970e849_b.jpg

Railings along the path near the entrance!
34232777116_e8539058c6_b.jpg

Rampway to the entrance of the park looks spectacular!
Welp, this should erase any doubt about whether or not there will be a direct walkway:
They're pouring the walkway as we speak!

Last edited:
It'd be great if Universal could test the eruption at night...ya know ? To make sure it works and stuff lol. I feel like they are waiting until the last moment and that makes me nervous.

Doubt either will happen. As big as that rock formation looks at Nassal, it'll be dwarfed by the true scale of the volcano. I'm not expecting either of those things to happen with us only 3.5 weeks out from daily operations. We're in the finishing touches stage of this project.

As a Universal novice this may be a silly question but can I assume we'll be able to walk from the Hard Rock to VB? IF you can walk from HR to Cabana Bay, and from CB to VB, everything should be connected via walking path, right?

One of the perks of the resort, that we enjoyed during our first visit, was the close proximity of everything. We could walk from our hotel to another hotel, we could walk to each theme park or city walk. It was great. I hope they're able to keep this convenience as they keep expanding.

As a Universal novice this may be a silly question but can I assume we'll be able to walk from the Hard Rock to VB? IF you can walk from HR to Cabana Bay, and from CB to VB, everything should be connected via walking path, right?

One of the perks of the resort, that we enjoyed during our first visit, was the close proximity of everything. We could walk from our hotel to another hotel, we could walk to each theme park or city walk. It was great. I hope they're able to keep this convenience as they keep expanding.
You can walk, sure, it's just a little bit of a hike from Hard Rock.

It'd be great if Universal could test the eruption at night...ya know ? To make sure it works and stuff lol. I feel like they are waiting until the last moment and that makes me nervous.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that the Dragon on top of Gringott's was one of the last things to go in at Diagon Alley? And if I'm not mistaken, it didnt breathe fire until right before opening.

Maybe that's how the eruption testing will be? Universal has a history of waiting until the last moment for the really cool stuff.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that the Dragon on top of Gringott's was one of the last things to go in at Diagon Alley? And if I'm not mistaken, it didnt breathe fire until right before opening.

Maybe that's how the eruption testing will be? Universal has a history of waiting until the last moment for the really cool stuff.
i think you are right and i also think the eruption is something i would keep in my back pocket before using towards opening day
looking forward to seeing this opening day/media event

I think a while back UC got a demonstration of the eruption effect in Switzerland. I guess the company who installed the effect is sure it'll work as clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.