Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Classic Monster Reboot - Dark Universe

OH BOY!!! I originally hated this movie because it didn't seem like the mummy would look like a mummy, but I'm really liking it now. This looks like it could make a good HHN house (Especially the sewer scene and tomb scene) and a great retheme for Mummy at UOR.

Ok I may be stupid... But, is this new Mummy the start of the classic monsters reboot? Yes, I've been out of the loop and not really following.

'The Mummy' Holds the Key to the Universal Monsters Universe - Bloody Disgusting!

Warning read at your own risk. Could very much spoil a lot if their sources are right.

JqIT78v.png

'The Mummy' Holds the Key to the Universal Monsters Universe - Bloody Disgusting!

Warning read at your own risk. Could very much spoil a lot if their sources are right.

There's nothing in there that I haven't already heard rumored, but casual fans should probably skip that article.

As for the actual content of what's rumored, it makes sense that they might want to use Cruise and Crowe in the ways outlined, and it makes sense that Universal would want to include Easter Eggs for upcoming Monsters movies, too. It's all going to depend on the execution, however.

Yeah.... adjust those expectations. People've seen the movie now. Prognosis isn't looking great.

Yeah.... adjust those expectations. People've seen the movie now. Prognosis isn't looking great.
Edit time. Bring in the Edit crew. ;) :) ....I remember one major quick editing job that was really obvious....I saw the western violence classic that really ushered in the era of movie violence, The Wild Bunch, the first week it opened. Loved the movie. Went to see it the second week. More than 30 minutes of very violent fight and battle scenes were missing. Never saw those scenes again until decades later when they did a Director's Cut on DVD. The "Original" Wild Bunch, before the cuts, was sooooo good.

Last edited:

Doesn't need to be the best movie ever. Just needs to be easily understood and fun. But I know people who saw it and out of the 7 only one didn't enjoy it. The rest thought it was good to great.

I'm very much excited about The Mummy. Love Tom Cruise, and Sophia Boutella looks breathtakingly beautiful. The action looks great, and hopefully there is some horror thrown in as well. This could be a great film. June 9 can't get here fast enough.