Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think you will go back often or this land is a once or twice but can live without doing if packed?
The land will be a must see for everyone on every trip. And this is coming me. I've been very critical and cynical of Disney lately. It's so well done you'll want to bring your friends through to see it. It's not at Diagon level of immersion but it's a new Disney World classic. I just wish there wasn't so many acres of wasted space in the land with nothing to do. They could have built this with half the land and got the same effect.

The land will be a must see for everyone on every trip. And this is coming me. I've been very critical and cynical of Disney lately. It's so well done you'll want to bring your friends through to see it. It's not at Diagon level of immersion but it's a new Disney World classic. I just wish there wasn't so many acres of wasted space in the land with nothing to do. They could have built this with half the land and got the same effect.

sorry if you already said this, but did you see the land at night?

sorry if you already said this, but did you see the land at night?
No. I haven't. But I did see the exposed LED strips lying everywhere in the land. So I'm sure it's very colorful. And you can see the glow in the dark pant on the ground ready to be lit.

Excited for the land! Actually, just excited for anything new at Disney. Hoping I can sneak in an afternoon/evening when I'm down there for work in June. Sounds like I may need to shrink the tummy a bit more for FoP. To anyone who's ridden it, are the restraints more/less forgiving than Forbidden Journey? I realize they're different type of restraints, but if you can fit on FJ, would it be safe to assume the same for FoP?

Excited for the land! Actually, just excited for anything new at Disney. Hoping I can sneak in an afternoon/evening when I'm down there for work in June. Sounds like I may need to shrink the tummy a bit more for FoP. To anyone who's ridden it, are the restraints more/less forgiving than Forbidden Journey? I realize they're different type of restraints, but if you can fit on FJ, would it be safe to assume the same for FoP?
No, especially if you're taller than 6'2"

At the Canteen I had the Steamed Curry Pods which were ok but didn't really have enough filling in them. The slaw that came with it was just ok. And the chips that it's served with were awful!!!! They tasted like tree bark and weren't salted.
For desert I had the Blueberry Cheesecake thing which had an odd texture to it almost like greek yogurt. It tasted ok at first but had a terrible aftertaste. Like ricotta or something.
My friends had the build your own bowl thing which was good.

I had the Night Blossom from the bar outside the gift shop and I loved it. Very very very sweet and sour though. Tasted almost like a Unicorn Frappuccino.

Last edited:
I'm a little worried about my chances with FoP. I'm 6'4" 240lbs and I can't handle the up/down motion on Tower of Terror. Sounds like I've got a double whammy going against me.

I'm a little worried about my chances with FoP. I'm 6'4" 240lbs and I can't handle the up/down motion on Tower of Terror. Sounds like I've got a double whammy going against me.
The platform that your seat is on is steel and concrete. It did not move for me at all. The only thing that I noticed that moves is just your seat. That's all.

BTW, there was no head or neck of a banshee during my experience at all. So either that was wrong information or it didn't work during my ride. It was just the little motor cycle thing that I was riding on.

So, is it just me, or did they keep the Camp Minnie-Mickey stream intact, like completely? Just colored some of the rocks green and added weird plants...

Picture from epcyclopedia:
5b7464aa_l.jpeg

Pretty sure Mickey, Goofy, and Pluto were sitting on the left side of the very same bank... See my old pics below:

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

I love it when some of the old infrastructure is still utilized for a new theme park addition. That's the exciting stuff to me.

So, is it just me, or did they keep the Camp Minnie-Mickey stream intact, like completely? Just colored some of the rocks green and added weird plants...

Picture from epcyclopedia:
5b7464aa_l.jpeg

Pretty sure Mickey, Goofy, and Pluto were sitting on the left side of the very same bank... See my old pics below:

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

I love it when some of the old infrastructure is still utilized for a new theme park addition. That's the exciting stuff to me.
I pointed the same thing out to my friends yesterday. I was like, all this is missing is huey, dewie and louie. I don't think they changed much here.

The platform you're on does move up and down... you don't feel anything as dramatic as tower of terror, and it feels natural with the motion of the video. Don't think that you'll be flying off your seat like in tower :)

The platform you're on does move up and down... you don't feel anything as dramatic as tower of terror, and it feels natural with the motion of the video. Don't think that you'll be flying off your seat like in tower :)
I don't believe it moved at all. No.

The platform that your seat sits on is Steel and Concrete. It does not move at all. Just your motorcycle seat. You can clearly see the platforms are fixed to the building in construction photos.
AVATAR-Land-Construction-Update-7.jpg

The platform that your seat sits on is Steel and Concrete. It does not move at all. Just your motorcycle seat. You can clearly see the platforms are fixed to the building in construction photos.
AVATAR-Land-Construction-Update-7.jpg

That is incorrect. The ride platforms are a separate entity from the building structure. I have been working on this ride for many months...i assure you, the ride platform moves up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.