Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

You know - this is all looking good and swell, but what ARE the Waturi people doing about invasive species?

I mean, pfft, they call this a water "theme park" but I don't see any intricate backstory about invasive fauna or remnants of long ago fighting over natural resources.
Yeah, but they did invite us to come party with them......

#Followthefish

Don't make me get Brian in here while he's on his weekend vacation

Just reading this made me have flashbacks to my mother using this threat. The threat was real. Once dad was home, I had better hope that a freak accident had taken my life because nothing was going to spare me from his wrath. I was on a first name basis with his belt. I'd like to say that I didn't deserve it but that would be a lie.

Getting Brian involved on his vacation is pretty much like that.

Maybe we all just need to take a ride on the water coaster, then the lazy river, and sip from a cold beverage. Cooler heads would prevail.

Ahh I see, so my number of posts means I'm naïve and am not allowed to disagree. For the record, I did not read that thread, if a moderator feels I'm being "toxic" by voicing my opinion just the same as you then I guess that's up to them. Also, you obviously read my post but didn't care to comment on anything in it that pertains to the thread, just shame me for having only 18 posts.

2014-06-25-bakeacake-thumb.gif

Seriously guys, I didn't know questioning the project's readiness was such a sensitive subject. I always try to use logic and reason before I post but perhaps that's just taking it a bit too far for some members of this community.

On a side note, I'm completely okay with the size of the Tapu Tapu. A larger screen is always a nice thing to have when you're staring into it on a sunny Florida afternoon. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with my unpopular opinion. :shrug:

To think that Universal would even want to open a park not 100% operational is ridiculous. Do you really believe Universal would open this park if not 100%?

Honestly? Yes.

Universal is opening this park on May 25th. Regardless of what is not working, what is broken, what slides are missing pieces. If trees are missing or if the entire back half of the volcano has no rock pieces. This park is opening that day. Whether everything will be in operation is a different story, but it'll be very close (to put it mildly) considering all that needs to be done still however Universal is still opening it on May 25th.

Seriously guys, I didn't know questioning the project's readiness was such a sensitive subject. I always try to use logic and reason before I post but perhaps that's just taking it a bit too far for some members of this community.

On a side note, I'm completely okay with the size of the Tapu Tapu. A larger screen is always a nice thing to have when you're staring into it on a sunny Florida afternoon. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with my unpopular opinion. :shrug:

I'm not sure I get what is going on, but I read something you posted as saying you felt that the park would not be 100% ready on May 25th.

Since you said 100%, well, me personally, I can't imagine you being wrong about that because even 99.8% ready would not be 100%. I don't see that as being negative and it is just stating your opinion as I am doing here.

It would probably seen less annoying if you weren't slipping in little jabs at the community. Like referencing someone's lack of posts or insinuating we don't understand basic reason. Definitely doesn't make me feel unwelcome to this forum. Which is a first in this thread for me.

Omg the tapu tapu is massive. How can a kid wear that?
I agree- I'm a skinny guy, but taller- and it will look big on me- but not ridiculous.
But my 7 year old (and 3 year old)? Ridiculous.

Maybe it'll be 13+ or whatever age you don't need an adult- and adults are able to schedule for their entire party- so they're the only ones that have it? Not sure...

To think that Universal would even want to open a park not 100% operational is ridiculous. Do you really believe Universal would open this park if not 100%?

The only thing I'm 100% sure of is it won't be 100% completed- or certainly not 100% operational. DHS wasn't. USF wasn't. IoA wasn't. DAK wasn't. VB won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.