Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 393 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree- I'm a skinny guy, but taller- and it will look big on me- but not ridiculous.
But my 7 year old (and 3 year old)? Ridiculous.

Maybe it'll be 13+ or whatever age you don't need an adult- and adults are able to schedule for their entire party- so they're the only ones that have it? Not sure...
I'd be willing to bet anything that the existing TapuTapu is very much a 1.0 situation and they'll be streamlining the crap out of it in the following years. MagicBands have been out, what, 3 years? And they've already had two redesigns.

Is that video older..? Or did someone get paid to put bags of dirt back into the one lazy river?

I thought this as well, but it can't be that old; the wave wave still has it's pieces removed, which was rather recent.

Also in this video, the holes appear to be filled back in on the yellow slide (Honu), which seems like they can't decide what they want to do, and the water coaster is finally testing in the last 5 seconds!

Reactions: Joel
I thought this as well, but it can't be that old; the wave wave still has it's pieces removed, which was rather recent.

Also in this video, the holes appear to be filled back in on the yellow slide (Honu), which seems like they can't decide what they want to do, and the water coaster is finally testing in the last 5 seconds!

They yellow slide has 2 of the 3 holes filled with new cone tops which i assume will be geysers.

So maybe the water system is shared between the lazy rivers and now they're both dirty until they're both clean..? Like instead of waiting for the secon to be clean they just flipped the switch to process them the "normal" way and through the same flow system. Thus, dirt in clean one.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Nice weekend away and come back to some great updates. I AM AMAZED NO ONE HAS POINTED OUT THE OBVIOUS REGARDING THE BLUE SLIDE Honu! It is not broken, out of all the people that have seen the progress daily and no one has pointed out that during testing we have seen in the videos when the rafts come back down the slide they were appearing over the edge at the lowest point of the side wall. A few weeks back they then added a side piece that was higher and stuck out from the rest. They have now removed that side....... yeah it is not broken they are just modifying it, clearly they have been anxious over the height of that returning side wall, all of the continuous on and off testing, more than all over slide too suggests they have never been confident it is safe enough.

As for progress and time, hey this place won't be 100% and never will be as they have already removed certain elements last minute like the rock work in the last few weeks but there really doesn't appear to be anything structural of any significance left that can't be done in time. All of the visual elements of the park I expect to be complete and to the eye it will look finished, whether every attraction is fully functioning on opening day who knows, guess we will find out on the day.

Gringott's and Kong weren't 100% on opening day. Other rides weren't either. I don't expect 100% on this either.

Currently filling the wave pool with filtered water! (First time we've seen this, I believe.)

Is that video older..? Or did someone get paid to put bags of dirt back into the one lazy river?
Yeah, seems the video is a couple days old based on several things that have been recently added, however it wasn't posted until yesterday.

Seriously, is anyone planning on going down that vertical tube?

We're heading down last week of May/first week of June. i want to go just to say i did, but i'm not so sure. A few drinks in i'll probably go, but... holy crap!

Reactions: Coasted
Status
Not open for further replies.