Studio Tour | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tram went by War of the Worlds really quickly today and didn't stop, due to the Malaysian airplane tragedy that was shot over Ukraine. It gave me the chills :(

Also, Fast and Furious looks MASSIVE. The different show building sections make it gargantuan! Dwarfs Kong!

Its time to get rid of that War of the Worlds set.  I know its expensive, but its bound to eventually become a sensitive subject.  I know, Earthquake does the same thing.  Perhaps, they should offer guests to exit the tram if they so choose so?

Why is it "bound to become a sensitive subject"?? I am a little confused with that
Because there are unfortunately many airplane tragedies almost every year and the scene War of the Worlds portrays is quite gruesome, especially around HHN. But same can be said about Fast and Furious. There are car crashes daily...

But there was multiple signs around the WotW set that said something along the lines of "War of the Worlds Set In Progress" or something. There was also a giant gap where one of the destroyed houses were that gives a direct view of F&F so maybe they're getting rid of it?

Reactions: Alexshow.
War of the Worlds is an awesome set, but I agree that it's a lot of space that could be used in a better way.

I'm 50/50 on the sensitivity part of it. With the missing Malaysian jetliner and the one that was just shot down it may be a sensitive subject right now, but at the same time people will be offended/sensitive about everything and anything and I think that's more of individual guests' problems and not that of the park. I mean there was a lady literally throwing an angry tantrum in line for the Simpsons because she hated the Simpsons (uhhhh why are you in line for the Simpsons Ride then, dingus).

Reactions: William and Bonkers
Oh, I get it, I had a woman walk out of Waterworld before because she could not believe of something so violent being shown to kids.  I get it, but then obviously you are at a theme park that you had no clue what you were getting yourself into.  USH is a very violent theme park if you look at it.

I have worked for airlines, and when people fly as tourists, airplane crashes can be a very sensitive subject.  There are many people who have no or little knowledge of air travel and its fearful in the public eye.  I can understand it having witnessed aircraft crashes myself and seen the aftermath of people directly effected.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

I do agree that USH is a very violent park and sometimes too violent For kids under the ages of 7 but that's just me on that matter.

^^^

From what it seems it would make a hell-a lot of sense if they are taking it down because it does show on the Evolution plan that the War of the Worlds set is

supposed to be gone by the end of the plans completion and I think we might even Taking it down by potter but that's just me as that could of changed in the plans but I hope it will come down sooner than later.

Oh, I get it, I had a woman walk out of Waterworld before because she could not believe of something so violent being shown to kids.  I get it, but then obviously you are at a theme park that you had no clue what you were getting yourself into.  USH is a very violent theme park if you look at it.

I have worked for airlines, and when people fly as tourists, airplane crashes can be a very sensitive subject.  There are many people who have no or little knowledge of air travel and its fearful in the public eye.  I can understand it having witnessed aircraft crashes myself and seen the aftermath of people directly effected.
But plane crashes have been a part of life since planes were invented. Not to mention, plane crashes have been also part of movies for a long time too. Granted it is a sensitive subject, but if USH got rid of everything that could be a sensitive subject to someone. You wouldn't have much left. USH may never not be a violent theme park. You have the Subway Earthquake part of the Studio Tour that may be sensitive to people due to the Earthquakes in Japan over the last few years. It's a tough deal. It may be too hard to please everyone.

Reactions: Jon Fu
War of the Worlds is an awesome set, but I agree that it's a lot of space that could be used in a better way.

I'm 50/50 on the sensitivity part of it.
Agreed, my favorite set at  the park from one of my favorite movies, but I can see how it is disturbing to some.

It's a shame it's scheduled to be removed in the evolution plan :(  .

I mean there was a lady literally throwing an angry tantrum in line for the Simpsons because she hated the Simpsons (uhhhh why are you in line for the Simpsons Ride then, dingus).
LMFAO Facepalm.

It was kind of a rhetorical question... It is sensitive now and i'ts understandable that they don't stop at the set right now, it would be very bad taste to stop and watch but I don't think it's necessary to remove it. It's one of the few real sets that you can actually go in (without paying VIP of course).

Besides the BTTF rumor, what would everyone like to see Universal do for the all new Nighttime Tours?

I wanna see more interactive elements. Make it feel more active and as if stuff is being filmed. Make us feel part of the action in more ways than just the tour animations. Have live actors pretend to be directors and actors and stunt guys or monsters along the way. Install cameras in the trams and have us be part of some sort of "film", kind of like in Disaster in Orlando. More stunt and effect demonstrations. They always show that one clip when they advertise the tour...you know the one. Helicopter over NY Street, Director with camera on a crane while an explosion goes off in one of the NY Street streets while the tram watches. Do more of that.

But plane crashes have been a part of life since planes were invented. Not to mention, plane crashes have been also part of movies for a long time too. Granted it is a sensitive subject, but if USH got rid of everything that could be a sensitive subject to someone. You wouldn't have much left. USH may never not be a violent theme park. You have the Subway Earthquake part of the Studio Tour that may be sensitive to people due to the Earthquakes in Japan over the last few years. It's a tough deal. It may be too hard to please everyone.
Universal has always had to play nice with the public.  Its an image.  Earthquake was not closed, but offered guests the opportunity to disembark the tram and skip it after the Northridge Quake in 1994.  Twister in Orlando had a delayed opening date due to a devastating tornado which went through Florida about the same time.  The dummies inside the subway train in Earhquake were removed as some complained it to be too violent.  Don't get me started on Bill and Ted's...

I can understand why the War of the World's set would be skipped for the time being.  Many Malaysian guests could find it currently offensive.

Universal has to make decisions based upon what is good for the company image.  Negative press can effect profit.  The social media world now has a lot more power than it once had before.  After all, the park is here to make money.

Besides the BTTF rumor, what would everyone like to see Universal do for the all new Nighttime Tours?
Nice try Jonathan... :)

2aklpxf.jpg

30hv7m8.jpg

2mnkevk.jpg

The first two show the signs they have all along the WOTW set, and the third shows that there is one house missing and shows a clear view of the F&F show building. Not sure if this is them dismantling the set slowly or if they just had to remove one of the houses because they were in bad shape.

Either way, while I personally was a bit uncomfortable at the time of the WOTW set because of recent events, I still think it's a fantastic set and really hope it sticks around for a bit more or is repurposed somehow. The plane pieces and set would be a cool "intro" to another or new animation on the tour but idk which.

I would like to ask about something due to F&F being 4K; Do you think King Kong 360 could get a overhaul to look like the new Kong and to

update the projectors? It could be possible due to the new Skull Island film being made.