Studio Tour | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Only one in service? Maybe that was just during your visit, because when I went last, I saw several in use during the day.
To my knowledge, they only have one new fleet out. Perhaps the situation has changed, but there's a total of 21 new trams that will be slowly rolled out until 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
The folks over at In the Loop recently posted an update video, and it looks like they've added railings to the small light fixtures in the new Studio Tour entrance plaza:

16529197767_37ed71f161_z.jpg

Full video here: 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/TFKesgfjEt0?feature=oembed

Either way, you'll still have the "rebellious" guests trying to make their way around the archway and railings.

Either way, this area is looking really nice. I wonder if those indents on the planter are for decoration or something else.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Only one in service? Maybe that was just during your visit, because when I went last, I saw several in use during the day.
It's likely you had one new tram either in front of your tram or behind your tram when you ride. That would be the main reason for seeing it several times. It happened to me and I noticed it multiple times.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Definitely Springfield! That's quite a cartoony looking streetlight. It is sort of odd that they placed it so close to the generic Universal-themed area, but it's nice to know we'll be seeing more of these lined up along the food court.

I'm actually leaning towards park themeing. The polished steel matches the accents on the art deco look of the rest of the park. Springfield (in UOR) are just regular looking street lamps painted blue.

I guess we'll find out once other Springfield lamps are installed. If not, I'm guessing a transition theme to move from Springfield to the Studio Tour.

Yeah, the Street Lamps in Orlando's Springfield look like plain generic street lamps. But I think they look too goofy and cartoony to be plain "Universal" street lamps. Plus, when has Universal ever used plain street lamps to light their park unless it was a part of the themeing (NY in USF and Springfield in USF).

My guess is that they're for Springfield.

Reactions: Aaron and William
Yeah, I was just gonna say that! And it definitely looks like an improvement over the Orlando versions (as is true with the rest of the mini land!)

Any Art Deco lighting poles would be similar to the green art deco "cones" on top of the Tour arch.

Yeah, the Street Lamps in Orlando's Springfield look like plain generic street lamps. But I think they look too goofy and cartoony to be plain "Universal" street lamps. Plus, when has Universal ever used plain street lamps to light their park unless it was a part of the themeing (NY in USF and Springfield in USF).
That's sort of Springfield's theme. It's supposed to feel like a generic town. The characters are the personality and soul of the city (and show), not having wiggly wobbly street lamps.

It looks like a streetlight you'd find in Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland. No Art Deco feel to it whatsoever. I'm gonna say Springfield.

Mickey's Toontown is nothing like Springfield other than being animated so it's out of theme either way. 

I like them regardless of what and where they're supposed to be. 

I know that's Springfield's theme, but in real life, it definitely has to look quirky and cartoony compared to real life streets, can't be too "real" even if that's what it's meant to be in the show. A little exaggeration wouldn't hurt :)

Mickey's Toontown is nothing like Springfield other than being animated so it's out of theme either way. 

I like them regardless of what and where they're supposed to be. 
My point wasn't to compare Toontown to Springfield, but rather to point out that it looks like something you'd seen drawn in a cartoon. I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm simply stating that it doesn't fit the new Art Deco aesthetic (which leaves Springfield as the only other option).

I feel sort of silly for debating over this street lamp. I think I've made my opinion loud and clear. Haha.

16009702683_feb7dfaed0_z.jpg

Here's also a photo I took of the new tram.

I personally love it, and think it's a huge improvement from the previous design. Many were in use yesterday, and they look strikingly better than the current ones. While I didn't get to actually ride in one, I noticed that the seating is a lot firmer than the current plushy cushioning fastened to the trams right now.
Can't wait to sit there.

Anyone know what's going on with that green warehouse across from Bates Motel?  It, or the area around it, is getting lots of attention.  I would love it if the trams went around the building because the views of the valley from there are probably spectacular.  But I don't imagine that will happen since then we would miss Norman loading the truck of his car.

StudioTour_031415_1.jpg

StudioTour_031415_2.jpg

There's one of those mobile offices in the shade.  It's not a small project, I'd say. 
StudioTour_031415_3.jpg

StudioTour_031415_4.jpg

Repairs to Mother's house continue while some areas are already getting paint.

StudioTour_031415_5.jpg

StudioTour_031415_6.jpg

Looks like the underside of Forbidden Journey is finally getting closed off.  Notice the black, roll-up security-type doors. 

StudioTour_031415_7.jpg

StudioTour_031415_8.jpg

Reactions: Aaron and William