WaterWorld | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've never liked this show... sure the cast(s) is great, the stunts are impressive & yay pyro... I think I finally saw the movie after seeing the show for the first time when I came out here in 2000, doesn't really make it any better. Both the movie and the show are still awful haha. I've only watched the show a total of two times now and I will say though, I actually did not mind Waterworld that much when I saw it last year.... unfortunately, I did not get the chance to catch it while at the park last month.

The one thing that I am bummed about is that we can't have Slaughterworld during HHN anymore... stupid noise ordinances :angry:  I enjoyed the videos of that show. Probably because they knew it was kinda awful, but embraced it haha.

Waterworld is a cool show that still stands the test of time. If the audience is still clapping after the final fireworks, then that show is doing something right. My favorite aspect is how the villain always says stupid poop lol. Makes is really cheesy and funny. 

It's also a breath of fresh air from all the screen-based attractions we currently have. Don't get me wrong, I love those attractions. It just gets too much after a while. It's nice to see actual human actors pulling cool stunts. 

It's also a breath of fresh air from all the screen-based attractions we currently have. Don't get me wrong, I love those attractions. It just gets too much after a while. It's nice to see actual human actors pulling cool stunts. 
Agreed! I feel Waterworld continues to be one of the underlining attractions at USH. It's special and I believe it's one of the envies Orlando still has over Hollywood

Waterworld hasn't stood the test of time just because audiences clap after the final pyro blast. The same thing could be said for Orlando's awful "Sinbad" show at IOA. Waterworld was an awful movie & is an equally awful theme park show, BUT... the only reason it is worth watching is the highly talented cast/crew Universal is able to employ. And as I said above, the cast is great, the stunts are great, & the pyro is great.. but it is still a bad show. It being a breath of fresh air can be said about Animal Actors as well since both are the last stage shows left in the park for guests to enjoy.... well there is the Special Effects show, but.... :unsure:

Waterworld can easily be replaced.. that venue has been home to 2 other stunt shows prior. As long as it still has a great cast, great stunts & lots of pyro... a new show would not be a bad thing. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Universal contemplated bringing back the old A-TEAM stunt show as a Waterworld replacement due to the remake. However, in the long run its just cheaper/easier to keep this for several more years, than it is to put something new in the location.

Also, I can assure you that Orlando does not envy Hollywood for not having Waterworld haha. Unlike Hollywood, Orlando actually has multiple entertainment options (Beetlejuice, Horror Make-Up, Superstar street shows, Superstar Parade, Blues Brothers, Magicians, Animal Actors, Fear Factor Live (it just wont die), 2 Diagon Alley stage shows, even Barney Live (*shudders*)... and of course the nightly Universal Cinematic Spectacular in the lagoon.. all of which are in the studios park alone...

WaterWorld is one of the best live action stunt shows in any theme park in US. And one of the few left. Frankly what more does one need in a theme park stunt show other than a great cast, great effects, impressive stunts and an audience who enjoys it?

WaterWorld is arguably the best stunt show at any theme park. The movie itself isn't amazing, but it's an interesting concept and IMO it's a fun decent film.

Also, personally I believe Sindbad really isn't an awful stunt show. Is it cheesy? Yes, most if not all stunt shows are. It's a decent show, but it has so much potential. Hopefully, the rumor of Sindbad getting an update is true.

Waterworld hasn't stood the test of time just because audiences clap after the final pyro blast. The same thing could be said for Orlando's awful "Sinbad" show at IOA. Waterworld was an awful movie & is an equally awful theme park show, BUT... the only reason it is worth watching is the highly talented cast/crew Universal is able to employ. And as I said above, the cast is great, the stunts are great, & the pyro is great.. but it is still a bad show. It being a breath of fresh air can be said about Animal Actors as well since both are the last stage shows left in the park for guests to enjoy.... well there is the Special Effects show, but.... :unsure:

Waterworld can easily be replaced.. that venue has been home to 2 other stunt shows prior. As long as it still has a great cast, great stunts & lots of pyro... a new show would not be a bad thing. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Universal contemplated bringing back the old A-TEAM stunt show as a Waterworld replacement due to the remake. However, in the long run its just cheaper/easier to keep this for several more years, than it is to put something new in the location.

Also, I can assure you that Orlando does not envy Hollywood for not having Waterworld haha. Unlike Hollywood, Orlando actually has multiple entertainment options (Beetlejuice, Horror Make-Up, Superstar street shows, Superstar Parade, Blues Brothers, Magicians, Animal Actors, Fear Factor Live (it just wont die), 2 Diagon Alley stage shows, even Barney Live (*shudders*)... and of course the nightly Universal Cinematic Spectacular in the lagoon.. all of which are in the studios park alone...
I mean Waterworld is definitely cheesy, I'll be the first to admit that. But its not entirely awful. The plot is admittedly pretty terrible. But the show itself I think is rather good.

I envy Florida for still having a Beetlejuice show, though it's not as good in my opinion as the original show format was.

The Waterworld movie is utterly terrible though, that's for sure. But I disagree about the show being awful.

Reactions: Wesker69
WaterWorld is the best theme park stunt show in the whole world. Fun story line that everyone can follow (villains vs heros), fantastic cast and crew that is super dedicated and talented, and amazing stunts, pyrotechnics, and effects. Audiences love it. It has more than stood the test of time. What is NOT amazing is constant negativity, but I digress. And again, can we please stop with the bitter Hollywood VS Orlando debate. Comparing is fine, but introducing bitterness isn't fun. I'd really appreciate that.

SO...question time. It's been some time now since the updated version of WaterWorld had its debut. For fans of the original, do you find yourself liking the new one more and more, or did you like it from the start?

By the way, caught some of the movie on TV recently, and yeah, it's pretty bad.

I wonder if they can eventually reboot it with a cleaner concept?