WaterWorld | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Perhaps you are correct. I was talking talking to SET John about the referb and that's what he told me. The system they are currently using is the same one installed when the show opened and they are replacing it for a current system.  But you seem to know more about this than I do. I heard the peninsula is being completely replaced as is the entire show areas in the audience and the fuel tank. Is that correct?

Reactions: Jon Fu
WaterWorld's show software - ShowMan - is original, but the hardware that it runs on has been updated. They performed the hardware upgrade in the mid-2000s if I recall correctly.

They were supposed to open Friday (7th). They finally did a show for guests today (12th). Should be up and running on Saturday. Look for some unannounced shows the next two days.

Reactions: Dylan Beck
I heard that for a few Sea Plane launches just after the rehab the flame effect fired just like in the promotional video - as the plane launched. I would love to see that!

Sheridan Crist who played the Deacon for Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular at Universal Studios Hollywood has passed away. Please be respectful for his family in and around the theme park as this will effect many, including us - his fans.

RIP Sheridan

Last edited:
Reactions: 12th Man
Sheridan Crist who played the Deacon for Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular at Universal Studios Hollywood has passed away. Please be respectful for his family in and around the theme park as this will effect many, including us - his fans.

RIP Sheridan

That is so sad to hear. RIP Sheridan and my condolences to his family and friends.

Reactions: 12th Man
The Thea Classic Award is given to a project that has stood the test of time - 25 years or longer. Project owner representatives and creatives will talk about the making of WaterWorld: A Live Sea War Spectacular and its enduring appeal and legacy.

Spoken:
Tim Runco - Senior Vice President of Entertainment, Universal Studios Hollywood
Pat Millicano - Co Founder and Managing Director, Action Horizons Inc.
Stephen Siercks - Senior Director Entertainment Production, Universal Studios Hollywood
Stacey Quinealty - Senior Manager Audio & Video Production, Universal Studios Hollywood

Heh apparently Waterworld (the USH stunt show) is featured in the Netflix show "Love", season 3. Heavily, too. Anybody catch it?
I've finished four episodes so far and haven't noticed it so it must be later into the season. I'll keep an eye out :thumbsup:

Reactions: Ryan