Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Well done, you basically 100% confirmed Hippogriff for us :)

Interesting...this still looks like part of Hogsmeade to me, how do you know it will be part of the Great Hall!?  But that does confirm the "magic touch" for our Wizarding World :)
It's been confirmed for over a year now. And he's talking about the Hogwarts Façade, not the rumored dining venue.

To clarify, that pic is just to illustrate the material being used. The framing is actually the outside walls of the Great Hall and its sitting between the show building for FJ and Hogsmeade.

Here are some progress shots I took yesterday:

16442295338_201d1882f1_z.jpg

This Springfield/Hogsmeade painting transition on the side of the future Barney's Bowlarama façade suggests, and possibly confirms, that this could be the site for The Three Broomsticks patio seating.

16007308644_17c9f415ef_z.jpg

The view from the Studio Tour bridge on an overcast day.

16442934418_df7d15e82e_z.jpg

Miscellaneous machinery, supports, and slightly recognizable set pieces.

16442410850_764eae2db1_z.jpg

Another look at the newly installed HVAC ducts and the stonework mural on the side of the building (it's quite evident now that this will only cover half of the building's height).

16603490046_f52f21f02e_z.jpg

A closer look at the new skeletal framing for the surrounding embellishments around the Great Hall.

16628336941_ba4360ccf2_z.jpg

The current progress of Hogwarts Castle, as seen from the last portion of the Shrek queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, time for the Potter dweeb to clarify.

Generally speaking, The Great Hall is a portion of Hogwarts Castle in the books and films, and is a very pivotal location of the castle. Ever since our WWoHP was confirmed (and probably even before then), rumors were swirling around that we would be receiving an exclusive dining experience themed to the Great Hall. Many different ideas and propositions have gone around for years, but nothing has been confirmed to this date. By looking at the progress and location of our Wizarding World, it doesn't appear as though any experience of the sort is coming. As for the queue for Forbidden Journey, the Great Hall is not a part of the walkthrough whatsoever. While the location does appear once on the ride itself (spoiler alert?), guests do not have the ability to physically walk through the set. When the members above mentioned the Great Hall, they simply referred to this portion of the show building façade:

16606950676_fc7fdde776.jpg

The photo posted by "..." that displays the house-like metal forms was taken back during the construction of the façade for Minion Mayhem. Those three structures are the houses of Gru's neighbors that cover up the queue for the ride. He simply posted the photo to give an idea of what metal forms he saw on the site of WWoHP.

I know we're not getting a Great Hall restaurant obviously, but it IS a missed opportunity. I would've paid so much money to eat in it, and see some occasional shows inside (wand dueling) or experience the Sorting Hat. Oh well!

That scaffolding is a sign that the castle will finally be getting covered up soon by sheathing, probably the Great Hall to begin with.

Can't remember exact details, but one of the recent IU podcasts entailed a bet made among the hosts about when all the steelwork for the castle would be up completely. Looks like we may find out the answer any day now..!

Look at all of the snow in that first photo!

Also, it looks like the main path in our rendition of Hogsmeade is drastically narrower than its predecessors.. Maybe my eyes are tricking me, but everything seems more compact, right down to the Hogwarts Express platform and the locker station beside it.

Also, it looks like the main path in our rendition of Hogsmeade is drastically narrower than its predecessors.. Maybe my eyes are tricking me, but everything seems more compact, right down to the Hogwarts Express platform and the locker station beside it.
Yeah it looks much more narrow. It might just be the angle of the camrea. I hope it isn't even narrower than orlandos because it is a nightmare when it is busy there.

I think it's an illusion. It might be more compact or not, but I think it's because all of the buildings have scaffolding up, which adds a layer on to the already tight Hogsmeade. I think it's the scaffolding.

Definitely looks like a major improvement. Would be interesting to see if ours is even more of an improvement in anyway with the layout or anything.

I'd love that Hogwarts Express cabin photo opp!

Last edited by a moderator: