The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yay! Scaffolding's coming down on the right- and the front is now getting housewrapped too!  MiceAge has a sweet photo update and it looks like the Three Broomsticks is now nearly done!!!  And the whomping willow now looks like the whomping willow!

I will be at the park tomorrow and taking lots of photos if anyone wants any photo requests just ask. Twitter @b4ben666  :D

Love those changes in Japan! Didn't even know they existed. Not quite sure how I feel about the train cabin photo op, but the new entrance foyer for FJ and the second set of restrooms for the land better make their way here.

Also, if you watched that last video, you might've seen a sign by the restrooms pointing the way to "Face Painting". Another addition they made to Japan's Wizarding World is a small tent designated for Triwizard Spirit face painting, so you can show your "pride" to the appropriate wizarding school I suppose. Not a huge addition, but still something pretty cool I noticed a little while back when looking at USJ's map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron
They also point out a structure that's coming up that I guess could be part of Hippogriff.
They evidently don't cover USH often enough, because that "framework" they pointed out was nothing more than the supports for the overhangs of Shrek's extended queue. It was simply walled off for whatever reason, and they made the assumption that it was for Potter. No malice meant toward you, by the way, Max.

That site may offer some cool photo updates, but they don't have a track record of being very reliable.

Reactions: Aaron
They evidently don't cover USH often enough, because that "framework" they pointed out was nothing more than the supports for the overhangs of Shrek's extended queue. It was simply walled off for whatever reason, and they made the assumption that it was for Potter. No malice meant toward you, by the way, Max.

That site may offer some cool photo updates, but they don't have a track record of being very reliable.
Oh never mind, didn't catch that.  And you are actually right about that- they do have "news" about Disney Parks they say will happen, but obviously never does.  If Disney confirms that, then that's a different story.  But back to Potter, I'm still slightly shocked by how little construction has started on the Hippogriff besides the ride's entrance and the footers for the tracks.

^ Hippogriff will be a rather easy install beyond Hagrid's hut, Buckbeak, and any extra details. It'll go up quick but probably towards the end of the year.

And yeah, MiceChat should stick to Disney reporting lol. William, Bernard and I were laughing at their inaccuracies and mistakes earlier. Anytime they report about something USH related, there are tons of mistakes, it's amusing.

And yeah, I think the face painting is pretty cool! I hope they offer Hogwarts house paint jobs beyond triwizard team paint jobs! That should be fun!!!

So those bathrooms from Japan are in the FJ building right? And what are of Hogsmeade is the cabin photo opportunity?
Correct, the bathrooms are nestled into the show building itself (though there are still another set of restrooms by the Hog's Head). The cabin photo op is in the Hogsmeade Station locker area, which is the small structure beside the Hogwarts Express photo op.

Well hopefully Hippogriff is not rushed.

Loved seeing the construction walls get pushed back and shorter, Easy to see everything as a fan.

I'm going to reserve some comments in the hope that I don't get banned but I will say it for the umpteenth time: Wizarding World will soft open in March/April at the EARLIEST because of the ahead schedule. No inside information but simply observations based on the quick earthmoving stage.

It's obviously opening Summer 2015 because scaffolding came down around the Hogsmead Arch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: ...
You guys are idiots, it opened at the same time as the one in Orlando, it's been open this whole time.

Psht...
tumblr_m6e59lsqkk1rzapx4o1_500.gif