Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Heard they were also making repairs after all damage from the Battle of Hogwarts. Having it all beautiful again by 2016 because you know... 

tumblr_m4j3wqZSdL1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It was so weird to see Hogwarts structure at the park yesterday. I got a little tear eyed after remembering the opening in Orlando and thinking it would never come to us here at USH. After all anything can happen here USH.

WWOHP at USH is truly a miracle. Being able to fit such a large land into a small area is an amazing feat. The designers deserve a lot of credit.
Our plot of land is actually bigger than the one at Islands of Adventure (If you exclude Dragon Challenge[which could fit another FJ sized ride into]). 6 acres compared to their 4. Japan has the biggest though, obviously becuase of the Black Lake.

And that'll definitely be evident when you stand in front of Hogwarts Castle. In IOA, Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff are wedged very close together (alongside the bridge to Jurassic Park). Looking at the position of our castle, you can already tell we'll have a lot more open space, similar to Japan.

I haven't been to the Wizarding Worlds in Florida or Japan yet, but is there also a "shrieking shack" like in the movies?  I've watched videos and seen photos of the Wizarding World, but didn't notice it at all.  Maybe Hollywood will get it if we're lucky :)

There isn't one in Florida nor Japan and I don't think we're going to get it either. Our mystery area seems to be more and more like just forest.

Yeah, it would be a pretty big structure. And would ruin the scale of Hogwarts unfortunately, unless it was in Shrek's location.

It'd be nice if we got a small part of the Forbidden Forrest! Photo Opp with Centaur or Thestral? ;) haha

In a weird world where I was in charge of USH, I'd put a highly themed "spinner" in this Forbidden Forrest setting. I'd call it "The Whirling Whomping Willow". It would have more range of movement and thrill factor than something like Silly Swirly, but still be OK for almost everyone in the family. It would be highly themed and intricately dressed, so that it would literally look like we're riding on the Whomping Willow, it wouldn't look anywhere close to a standard spinner.

As for the small thrill factor, besides it spinning us around and having control to go up and down, we also have the option to tilt the ride vehicle back and forth at multiple angles so that it really looks and feels like the crazy branches of the tree. I feel like that would've been such a fun additional ride and one that lends itself very well to a ride.

...well, in other news, forum member JPLA has posted this photo in the Springfield thread, but I thought it'd be applicable here as well: 

16532298470_63423e2dc9.jpg

It looks like they've already planted the trees that separate Hogsmeade from Springfield. Glad they picked trees to match the Potter-esque feel. Thanks again for the photo, JPLA!