Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

The rock work's design though, looks a bit different, unless I'm going crazy. I know it's not finished yet, but Orlando's looks more jagged and "sharp", with more lines, while ours so far looks like it's more "cliffy", bumpy, and has more rounded elements. Might be lighting, angles, and the fact that it's unfinished, but that's what it's sort of looking like.
I had commented about the rock work a couple pages ago. It looks completely different than orlandos... I think that every wizardinf world has a different rock pattern. But as far as color, what's going on?? Scaffolding is coming down and it looks like they still haven't even painted it.. I really hope this isn't the final product because the rock work and the castle look too grainy

I'm sure they'll go back with a crane and paint the cliff more and add details. We have to also remember that our castle is facing a different direction than Orlando's, the sun is directly hitting our castpe. I'm just a little confused why the actual castle's color looks so faded. Maybe they're building it differently than in Orlando, but I feel like the castle was the same color during construction and after opening. I'm sure a few factors are coming into play.

I get the whole thing about the sun but honestly, I don't think the sun can completely transform the color of the castle and rock work... There is no doubt that ours is clearly unfinished and nowhere close to the color it's supposed to be compared to the films and the other parks.

Oh I agree, I'm just saying in general it'll always look brighter in pictures compared to the very contrasty look Orlando has, due to its location.

But the paint definitely looks unfinished. I'm sure the castle will look 100% identical to Florida, but the rock work already looks slightly different, which I don't mind.

The rockwork beneath Hogwarts is the same as Japans. Both the Castle and rockwork have not recieved their final layers of paint yet which is why they look brighter than their counterparts in Florida. The only difference between our castle and the other incarnations is the additional rockwork beneath the smaller tower adjacent to the Grand Staircase tower.

The color in that photo looks a lot more washed out, than it does in person. And I don't think they would take down the scaffolding  before applying the final coat of paint. Wait until your standing in front of it to judge it. Don't put so much stock in a sun-blasted, low resolution internet photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
They apply the final coat after scaffolding comes down. Not sure why but it's the same process that happened in Japan and Orlando. Like Allen mentioned, it's still 7 months out from opening and what we are seeing now is not the final product.

Well, my absence has made this photo a bit dated, but here's a cool photo I took from the Curious George parking structure last week:

20150304059_d09c5a39df_z.jpg

Your fantastic photo reminds me… There’s the spot on the upper level of City Walk near the food court where there’s a space between the buildings where you can get a pretty good view of Hogwarts under construction. I’ve been going there for some time to follow the construction progress. The last time I stopped by, I was on the escalator heading back to the movie theater when suddenly I noticed you could quite clearly see Hogwarts looming up behind the theater. I had never noticed it before. I felt like a blind idiot. Please tell me there’s someone else here who hasn’t noticed this.

Forgot to mention, my Studio Tour guide yesterday mentioned April as an opening for Wizzarding World. Any truth to this?

I wish I could post a pic but I don't know how.... If you go look under the hashtag [HASHTAG]#wizardingworldhollywood[/HASHTAG] on insta and you can compare old to most recent pictures of hogwarts and it almost looks like more scaffolding was added to the astronomy tower in the past couple days...... Waaaaaaaaaaa I was hoping for it to come down soon..

The fact that split rock has scaffolding around it makes me LOL... I feel like it will take more time building and breaking down the scaffolding than actually painting the rock....

Wow, that's a great photo, you can really see so much. I really hope they can block out the back of the Shrek building someway. Also in JPLA's post of the entrance of Hogsmead, you can already see a speaker installed on the Hogsmead station wall.

I was bored and had some time to kill, so I took advantage of the new aerial image link provided above..

WWOHP - West Coast

Q1JSavK.jpg

Hogsmeade (so many empty shop windows awaiting scenic install)

1N1cYhB.jpg

Forbidden Journey queue (notice the short poles creating a circular barrier to FJ)

LC4yx9R.jpg

Hogwarts

pGtQRzg.jpg

Flight of the Hippogriff

4rbRZMC.jpg

It is kind of frustrating, from a guest's perspective at least that Hogsmeade looks so finished whereas clearly they don't have the exact view of how unfinished the FJ and Hippogriff themeing is. I know the sign says Spring 2016... but man I wouldn't be surprised if some dolts think it'll be finished by Grinchmas and nab tickets for that time.

The earliest soft opening has to be March. These Potter projects always require the most time possible, I just don't see them actually soft opening in February. It's both a long and a short time away. I think everybody will be driven crazy once Hogwarts Castle is removed of its scaffolding around the holidays, but it could be worse! ...could be Diagon Alley.