The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just wanting to ask a question,

I am heading to USH around Mid-March so what would be the chances of WWoHP being soft opened around then? I am hoping that my chances are pretty good, but i am just wanting to make sure that i don't excite myself too much.

^ Extremely high, my source says MLK weekend, plus the Ellen Show gave tickets to attend Wizzarding World at least for March. I'd say your chances are very good. 

Reactions: Alexshow.
Sometimes people hear rumors from actual Universal employees, but they can't name their source in fear of putting their source's job in danger.

For instance, I have heard a rumor that some of the Hogsmead shops have already soft opened for employees, including Olivanders. But that rumor is so far removed from the source that it could be as garbled as a game of telephone. Still, it makes me think that MLK weekend is not that far fetched.

Sometimes people hear rumors from actual Universal employees, but they can't name their source in fear of putting their source's job in danger.

For instance, I have heard a rumor that some of the Hogsmead shops have already soft opened for employees, including Olivanders. But that rumor is so far removed from the source that it could be as garbled as a game of telephone. Still, it makes me think that MLK weekend is not that far fetched.

Universal has confirmed that there will be a Harry Potter AP preview event. They don't say when, but just says "an event to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, coming spring 2016. "

Also, from @ryanthemepark got a photo of the walls BEHIND THE ARCH. I am freaking out!! We are getting so close to a soft opening. So amazing to think that Hogsmead is probably less than a month or two away!
CXgHgJuWYAIwvM4.jpg

I wouldn't get my hopes up for MLK weekend. That rumor about the shops soft opened for employees is false as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
March 5th is confirmed to be a preview day for the Ellen audience members.

Tickets to that preview are already on eBay, $850!
Wow when those people buying those tickets find out the land soft opened prior to that...

As for soft opening rumors, again: they're rumors. Soft openings aren't like attractions going in and such, they're something that can be changed at the tip of a hat. Right now Wizarding World has a plausible soft opening period that ranges from very, very soon to April 7th. It's very likely that the land will be opened sometime between the middle of January thru the end of February. And after that there will be periods where the land is closed for previews, like March 5th for instance. Don't go March 5th, you probably wont get in.

Remember that Universal wants a lengthy soft opening period so they can get adjusted to everything (working with people) involved until the crowds start whamming the park. Transformers had about a month-and-a-half, which if applied to Potter means Presidents' Day weekend (Feb 13 thru 15) is a very, very good bet. But for now they are just bets. Maybe it will open on MLK (although I'm starting to doubt that), and maybe it'll open in-between. Employees don't have access, but they are training behind the walls. All it takes is for everything to be signed off, and those walls to be taken down, employees prepped and them to put a thematic sign in front informing everybody about training rehearsals. Something that can be arranged within less than a week's time.

So, you know what this means: Potter Watch. It's real, and with the new year, it's about to begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like the area is ready to go (except for a few details here and there). Do you think they somewhat delayed the opening to April to give them time to finish repairing the entrance to the park and the parking structures? It seems like if those were to have already been done, they could have opened the land even sooner than April.

Reactions: Imdbman
It seems like the area is ready to go (except for a few details here and there). Do you think they somewhat delayed the opening to April to give them time to finish repairing the entrance to the park and the parking structures? It seems like if those were to have already been done, they could have opened the land even sooner than April.
hill entrance and metro bridge sure are taking forever