Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Can't wait for Harry Potter to open next year!

steveharvey.jpg

I made a mistake. It's THIS year!

I'm really hoping they're not planning on doing that. I mean, I'm going to buy a new pass anyways, but come on.
Well, it would explain why they moved the season pass expiration date from March 18th to just before President's Day-- if soft opening is President's Day Weekend. That's a big IF.

I suppose it's worth mentioning that my Season Pass (which expires March 18th) is blocked out President's Day Weekend, Saturday and Sunday anyway. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. But again, it's worth mentioning.

So is the fact that the pass is not blocked out MLK weekend.

I think these are clues, although nothing conclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw the WWoHP ad on TV, and I feel like it was a shortened version. I hope I'm not crazy so if you have seen the ad on TV tell me if it seemed shortened at all. It also could be that they have a 30 second version and a 1 minute version.

I just saw the WWoHP ad on TV, and I feel like it was a shortened version. I hope I'm not crazy so if you have seen the ad on TV tell me if it seemed shortened at all. It also could be that they have a 30 second version and a 1 minute version.
There's two versions. The 1 minute version and a sped-up/condensed 30 second version for TV.

I'm surprised what a difference it makes when visiting in person to have the wall moved inside Hogsmeade.  It looks SO good.  Plus, if you go stand inside the arch (second pic) you can hear Potter music.  I'm a big fan of Hogsmeade from my Orlando visits but I don't have any particular attachment to the intellectual property.  Regardless, even I got a little chill hearing it. 

Hogsmeade_010116_1.jpg
Hogsmeade_010116_2.jpg

Lots of details still getting attention inside.

Hogsmeade_010116_3.jpg

I don't see the sense in a soft opening on a holiday weekend. You think they'd want to roll out with small crowds and then work their way up in crowd sizes. Also, January isn't happening.

I don't see the sense in a soft opening on a holiday weekend. You think they'd want to roll out with small crowds and then work their way up in crowd sizes. Also, January isn't happening.
Do you have an Inside Source that says MLK Weekend isn't happening.  Although Early February may be a good bet too, since they typically soft-open attractions two months beforehand.

Do you have an Inside Source that says MLK Weekend isn't happening.  Although Early February may be a good bet too, since they typically soft-open attractions two months beforehand.
Yes. Some claims as to how far along the land is are really out there too. While it may look complete from the outside there's still work to be done from within.

Yes. Some claims as to how far along the land is are really out there too. While it may look complete from the outside there's still work to be done from within.
Interesting, although of course there's all the set dressing and interior work too.  Are they somewhat close to finished though?

It's nearly there.

Everything seems aimed towards February at this point. I can't say for sure, but it feels like there might have been a tiny setback a little bit. But Universal and operations are anxious to get there. No matter what, they have to get things rolling by the end of February/beginning of March. 

I agree with your statement 100%, we won't see a soft open until after the EP takes place. I haven't missed an EP yet and there has been no mention of a date yet. While everything from our point of view looks good, surely there is a ton of fine tuning taking place throughout the land. One of my sources has walked through the area during an operational discussion and said that there is lots of odds and ends being finished up including speaker covers, painting (touch ups) and wiring of effects in window treatments.

Everyone is too poor for the USH APs... Thanks Universal for your unrealistic viewpoint of how much money people have...

They must've moved these walls after park close/early this morning because they weren't pushed back/gone this much when I was at the park yesterday. The only wall removal I noticed was exit the studio tour bridge.

This seems to solidify the rumors of soft opening happening sometime soon-ish...

I am at Universal Orlando and having a great time! Was just at Hogsmead having a Hot Butterbeer (and had two others before, sorry I couldn't resist), which was amazing! Looking at those pictures of the walls being pushed back is awesome! It looks even more detailed than Orlando! I'll definitely have to check this out when I get back home! (Sorry had to include a few pictures from my trip that I'm on)

24155593586_fba23b668b_k.jpg
24099088921_63bc070bae_k.jpg
23554912743_c16a592d26_k.jpg
24181680715_f83912c202_k.jpg
24073645742_ba4c48203c_k.jpg
(Sorry, that this post went a little off topic  :) )

I am at Universal Orlando and having a great time! Was just at Hogsmead having a Hot Butterbeer (and had two others before, sorry I couldn't resist), which was amazing! Looking at those pictures of the walls being pushed back is awesome! It looks even more detailed than Orlando! I'll definitely have to check this out when I get back home! (Sorry had to include a few pictures from my trip that I'm on)

24155593586_fba23b668b_k.jpg
24099088921_63bc070bae_k.jpg
23554912743_c16a592d26_k.jpg
24181680715_f83912c202_k.jpg
24073645742_ba4c48203c_k.jpg
(Sorry, that this post went a little off topic  :) )
My wife will be in Orlando this weekend!