The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is a pathway near the Studio Tour entrance plaza but it is unknown if this will serve as a secondary entrance or just another exit out of the land. A pathway from Flight of the Hippogriff's extended queue leads to the old Gibson Amphitheatre entrance so I'm guessing that will only serve as an exit. (if they decide to reopen it)

??? That path leads backstage so I don't think that'll be used. The Hippogriff path, I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
??? That path leads backstage so I don't think that'll be used. The Hippogriff path, I mean.
Yes it leads near the recently expanded warehouse behind Cartooniversal, The old Gibson entrance also leads into this area(Hence why I said if they decide to re-open it). As an emergency exit it's not out of the question. There is also small backstage path that conveniently starts next to the other pathway and runs in-between the Flight of the Hippogriff and Shrek 4D that leads back into Hogsmead. What will they do? Who knows. 

Anyways I have a few photos from yesterday that I'll post later. It seems like GoHawks and I are always taking photos of the Hogsmead arch around the same time! 

24366368272_7e33d8d347_b.jpg

24179161080_bae8acfcea_b.jpg

24366480542_f6da4c121f_b.jpg

24107090809_84ac497af2_b.jpg

23846662444_9783ea7c19_b.jpg

24392632351_84c273d9b0_b.jpg

I always wondered why Japan and Hollywood went with a more rough texture for Hogsmead instead of following IoA's more clean cut Granite. 

24392626171_d508d13f17_b.jpg

Yes it leads near the recently expanded warehouse behind Cartooniversal, The old Gibson entrance also leads into this area(Hence why I said if they decide to re-open it). As an emergency exit it's not out of the question. There is also small backstage path that conveniently starts next to the other pathway and runs in-between the Flight of the Hippogriff and Shrek 4D that leads back into Hogsmead. What will they do? Who knows. 
Which warehouse are you talking about? The other path that you mentioned will be used to shuttle merchandise to the stores from a separate storage room. Yes as an emergency exit they make good use, but besides that it'll be off limits.

I saw the image posted earlier of the Hogsmeade return time machines -- where are they located exactly?

They're located in Universal Plaza under the open wood beam covering, closest to Shrek 4D.
Thank you. In the picture in this thread of the time machines in the background I saw a "bar" in the background -- what bar is that?

If someone has the reverse of the current USH map (with the list of the numbered locations from the map side) I'd love to see it -- for some reason it's not online.

There is a pathway near the Studio Tour entrance plaza but it is unknown if this will serve as a secondary entrance or just another exit out of the land. A pathway from Flight of the Hippogriff's extended queue leads to the old Gibson Amphitheatre entrance so I'm guessing that will only serve as an exit. (if they decide to reopen it)de
its going to be mostly an exit. Some days if its lighter it may be a seperate gate A enterance but otherwise its a blowout exit 

Reactions: Aaron
Thank you. In the picture in this thread of the time machines in the background I saw a "bar" in the background -- what bar is that?

If someone has the reverse of the current USH map (with the list of the numbered locations from the map side) I'd love to see it -- for some reason it's not online.
I have a couple of park maps. I can nab a few photos and send them through a DM. 

Reactions: Opie
Can't wait to just have a Hot Butterbeer!!!

24255757870_73181b2bb6_z.jpg

24551323025_94f4377ef3_k.jpg
24442990632_9d727eb4ff_k.jpg
24183500009_34cd587be0_k.jpg
Hmmm...Where are you going? :blink: There seemed to be some sort of special tour of maybe 15 people or there was a special event in the Three Broomsticks. 
23924489723_1bd67e0b80_k.jpg
24442989412_0bfaa2aa00_k.jpg
The menus are working in the 3B.

23923141294_3a59891d06_k.jpg
If you zoom in you can see TMs were trying Butterbeer!
24469017521_fa662fc9ee_k.jpg
Hey, wizards need to charge their phone too :p  (taken under the arch)
24183571839_0a59e318b7_k.jpg

Well I think its close enough to say that there is something happening Febuary 8-11th............. Overheard a couple of TM's at take 5 talking about it. I think its a soft opening weekend. keep your eyes peeled for something 

Stop guys.... :(   :(   :( . I won't be able to go to sleep tonight, all because of YOU. 

Anyway, that would be amazing if it soft opened the Feb. 8-11. Do you know if Forbidden Journey will be operational? It is one of my favorite rides, but I don't know why some people don't like it. I know it gets people really motion sick, but hopefully it will be a little toned down here in Hollywood. Also, I hope they do a little extra programing on the ride because last time I went on it in Orlando (earlier this month), I could see a lot of the behind the scenes parts of the ride. At one point I could see the track. 

P.S.

Around a year and a half ago, I got a picture of the dome screens in FJ. I never posted them so I guess I would post it now...

24412362422_c2a00a33cc_z.jpg

(Taken October 12, 2014)

Reactions: USHInsider
well the difference in FJ for hollywood is that it is in 3-d. All I heard was the words Stress Test for this week. I know cars were delivered last week because techs were installing them in the test bay the other day. so hopefully soon. Also usually training for rides takes about a week for new hires so the sooner theyre done the sooner we have soft opens. 

Reactions: 12th Man
Yea I heard the 2-3 weeks for possible soft opening this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if they did soft opening after Feb 11th... since that is when APs expire, unless you have already upgraded to the new APs or have one of those fancy premium APs activated that gives USH the middle finger lol.

And did you just say that you hope Hollywood's FJ is toned down!?  :blink:  Will the "Expecto Patronum" spell work on you? I don't want to see FJ toned down here, it was toned down way too much in Orlando. It was horrible. It is a thrill ride, I want thrills not sleepy nappy time gentle ride... although to be fair, I have napped on FJ once, as well as Transformers, and the Studio Tour :ph34r: Motion sickness people be damned! ​lol

And FJ here doesn't need the programming tweaked, the reason you see things you're not supposed to is due to Orlando having toned down & screwed up the ride programming. However, there are instances where you will get glimpses here/there, but that isn't a ride programming issue. it is a lack of proper scenic to fully immerse you into that particular scene.

Reactions: Stylowtrix