Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

I guess....and we don't want "USHInside" to get sued. haha

Just wanted to add: I am getting really excited for Hogsmeade and FJ. I can't wait to have a Butter Beer ;) Does anyone still know if "mock" soft openings will happen the 8-11?
Mock service is the 8-11 but don't count on regular guests going inside the land. 

Nah. Not yet. Not everyone is set for that yet. So it is generally unknown. Kiosks however are all set by this week. Saw Guest Ambassadors getting Trained on how they work Just last week. Couldnt take a pic cause one of them got pretty smart and Opened his jacket to hide the screen from my field of view lol. 

Oh yeah before I forget I am actually not a worker I am just really really good at eavesdropping on workers lol So I have no idea when or where these things happen. I just hear it from the workers. 

I can confirm that they have not narrowed down soft opening dates yet. We're getting close but they're working things out.

Also...I've said this before and I'll say it again: I can't get over what a stunning icon Hogwarts is, and not just for USH, but for most parts of LA now! The best kind of advertisement! Seeing it loom over Universal City, Burbank, and Toluca Lake, and seeing it peaking out while driving down the 101 is absolutely breathtaking and makes me so emotional! Best decision Universal has ever made, and I'm so greatful.

There's already one date with soft opens in mind going forward. Only two stores have been given approval, with the rest still being worked on these next few weeks.

Pretty jealous that USH is playing all the films for their employees. What I would give to see them again on the big screen! There are still some stores that need final approval from WB, who have been in and out of that land like crazy. I'd say the week of President's Day is very likely for EP and maybe softs.
Only the first 3 apparently 

Never knew that. I always wondered how they loaded handicapped people.
Well at Orlando they have to stop the ride for Wheellchairs 

No they don't. Similar to TSMM they use a stationary alternative platform. A quick switch track occurs and an arm is send to the alternate platform. When it's dispatched the same occurs to head back into the attraction.
And unfortunately, guests using this alternate loading station miss out on the opening scene where Hermione "throws" floo powder at them. Handicapped guests sort of just end up in the Floo Network somehow.

Any idea if Hogsmeade will be allowed to fill up first each day before the return ticket machines are required?

Those dates may very well end up being true, i just know from my source that they haven't 100% narrowed down the dates yet and haven't fully committed to them. But I guess you never know, if those were the dates they were shooting for, might end up happening! I'm torn...I'm beyond excited to finally step through the arch, but it's also such a bittersweet culmination!

according to my source :sounds like they might do softs a few days before presidents day and then a few after the three day weekend.. like "itsatrap" said 12th and 17th sounds like it can happen

I agree raffman. We each have different sources. My source says dates are set, Allen's say dates are not set. His are possibly more reliable than mine. The only people who know for sure are those making the decision. And my source is not in that position.

Again, as I said, those dates might end up being 100% true and accurate. Notice I said the dates aren't set. But I didn't say they weren't NOT planning on those specific dates. Sometimes this stuff can be pushed back a few days or a week or so, it depends on getting the green light. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if it soft opened on those dates. It's right around my birthday AND Valentine's day, so that would be incredible. I'm getting very anxious about hearing a confirmation about the finalized soft opening date so I can plan accordingly!

I did notice that you said the dates are not set. My sources say the dates are set. That's all. No slight on you or your sources. I will stop mentioning anything that is different than what your sources say. I apologize.