Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Also, does anyone know if these speakers behind the Triwizard Spirit Rally stage always looked like this? For some reason I don't recall them having the leaf pattern printed on them.

32740112495_575aaeb825.jpg

The cabinets were painted brown while the grille was factory-default black. It's good to see them blend in with the trees.

I went to USH briefly for the last two days before my pass expires. Going to hold off for a little while. I noticed that in all of my six rides on FJ in the past few days, the water spraying effect has been shut off in the Forbidden Forest scene. I really hope that's permanent because that effect was extremely obnoxious. It felt like I was getting hosed every ride with ice cold water. 

I'm not sure what the official protocol was, but as a practical matter, I never saw anyone kicked off the stage unless a performance was imminent.  That said, performances are pretty frequent, so people are probably being kicked off often.

Okay, checked with one of the team members today. Before the first show and after the last show people were technically able to walk on the stage, as there wouldn't be any team members there to say anything about it. But because shows are practically nonstop during the day, people aren't allowed to walk on the stage for the majority of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what the official protocol was, but as a practical matter, I never saw anyone kicked off the stage unless a performance was imminent.  That said, performances are pretty frequent, so people are probably being kicked off often.

I've been kicked off the stage when trying to take a picture in front of the flags and they did that when there were no performances going on.  I've seen them kick off others too.  They use to not allow people to even sit on the steps.  Maybe they don't always enforce things, but I've definitely witnessed it.

I do believe people have been kicked off, but where I'm confused is if Universal didn't want people walking on the stage between shows (which is fair enough... in a way, with all the shows that happen on it, I wouldn't want the GP on it either, imagine all the gum/trash/spills/etc), why don't they just put up a small barrier?  Even a few chain stanchions would suffice.

I do believe people have been kicked off, but where I'm confused is if Universal didn't want people walking on the stage between shows (which is fair enough... in a way, with all the shows that happen on it, I wouldn't want the GP on it either, imagine all the gum/trash/spills/etc), why don't they just put up a small barrier?  Even a few chain stanchions would suffice.

They need to build a wall to keep the GP off the stage and have the muggles pay for it. Make Hogsmede great again. ;)  

They need to build a wall to keep the GP off the stage and have the muggles pay for it. Make Hogsmede great again. ;)  

I was about to say... if they wanted this as a summer show, they should get moving on it!  :)

See, I always thought it would have been better to have it a little earlier, say, right before spring break. Perhaps starting right at the end of the first week of April. Perhaps in celebration of some kind of milestone. An anniversary, maybe.

But they are, obviously, working on it. I saw a bunch of people with hardhats and high visibility vests on top of Shrek the other day.

It takes a long, LONG time to work within all the city, county and state regulations. I suspect USH wanted to have a show up and running by spring break and for the anniversary.