Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've never actually asked this since I never cared, but I have to be more careful with my health now.

What is the best place to sit in the boat if you DONT want to get wet? Summer OR off season.

I learned something very interesting yesterday while at the park. Apparently one reason they haven't upgraded the animatronics in a while is because the company that made them went out of business. I wonder if this means when they do decide to upgrade it if they'll go with a whole new company and replace all of the old animatronics with new ones.

Reactions: Alexshow.
A little something special that I received... the 1996 issue of Landmark Entertainment magazine that features Jurassic Park- The Ride! Due to the size of the pages when opened, my scanner not being big enough for them, and not wanting to damage this rare item, I only was able to do a proper scan of the first page and two of the rarest photos. The rest I took photos of with my digital camera, which don't look great, but when zoomed in should be easy enough to read (if a slightly blurry).

The content doesn't add too much for what we already know from the recent in-depth Goddard Interview I did with IU, but there are some technical details it touches on that are interesting to read that I don't think have really been mentioned elsewhere. Most of the photos in it can be found via other sources in better quality compared to my photos, except for the two ones I was able to get good scans of. :)

Enjoy!

http://www.trescom.org/hosted/scallenger/jpride/JP%20Ride%20Landmark%20Magazine.zip

And be on the lookout for another one for a different attraction sometime soon! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I still miss the parasaurolophus lunging out of the water. :c

I'm blown away at how much the animatronics have aged. I thought the baby stegosaurus was working really well currently, but now seeing this I realize I'm wrong. Haha. And those small dinosaurs after the ultrasaurs that everyone always misses; I didn't even know they could move like that!

It even looks like the T-Rex lowers her head down much farther from the hole in the ceiling in this video. And the fact that you can't even SEE her through the waterfall is awesome!

When I hear people at USH raving about how awesome JP is (currently) I'm just like "Man, you don't even KNOW."

That vid is amazing. The paint job on the last T-Rex is better today, but only that, the rest... the animatronics were just amazing, and the final confrontation with the TRex is far more dramatic, it moves so fast and you could not see the animatronic behind... and I didn't know there was a fog effect at the beginning of the lift chain. Crap this ride needs some love ASAP...

Reactions: Freak and Chris
This has been out for some time in the documentary "Return To Jurassic Park: The Third Adventure" (since 2011 on the Jurassic Park Trilogy/Jurassic Park 3 BluRay set), but hadn't noticed it ever on YouTube before. Not sure if it'll always be up on YouTube given it's from a documentary on the BluRay, so check it out now. From the very start of this video to about 1:43, Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy, and even Sam Neill briefly talk about the ride and have a couple amusing things to say about it. During their discussion, you see clips from the ride from when it was the Jurassic Park 3 Summer Splash (in 2001).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOI2mrZ-6Ew

It is interesting to note that Spielberg makes it sound like the ride hadn't been conceived until AFTER the second film and in a "couple of months". We all know, especially from the Goddard interview, that this was definitely NOT the case, haha. But I guess we can't blame Spielberg for getting those kind of details wrong given his constantly busy schedule, especially during that time period. I'm sure the 90s were a blur to him.

The clips that it showed of the ride from the Jurassic Park 3 Summer Splash were originally from a studio-edited ridethrough on the now out of print (but can be acquired cheaply) bonus DVD "Beyond Jurassic Park". Sadly this was actually the ONE bonus feature not carried over onto the BluRay set from all the previous bonus features (unless you count, oddly, some of the storyboard videos not being as complete as the ones on the initial DVDs). You can see that bonus feature as well below if you have never seen it, and it is also unique for it includes the opening and closing Richard Kiley narration in probably the clearest we will ever have unless the master tapes somehow leak.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mjg74jZKs8I?feature=oembed