Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's one aspect I feel that our ride lacks (slightly): immersion. Many parts of the ride feel really crammed, and it's just a bit hard to enjoy to the fullest. Sitting in IOA's River Adventure boats made me feel like the jungles and waterways would go on endlessly.

Reactions: JaySalahi
I like how theres a lack of trees and crammed space... It's unique and unlike the other (inferior) versions of the ride. I like the idea that it's Jurassic Park in a movie studio. Not the actual Jurassic Park.

Having finally seen the attraction in USF and I must say the one in Hollywood is the best. It features more dinos, also better looking, the T-Rex is much more a surprise in Hollywood then in Florida. Hollywood's version is the best.

Reactions: steve
Hollywood's T-Rex is definitely more of a surprise, though for some reason, I still prefer Florida's. Maybe it's the environment of that show building as a whole that I prefer as opposed to Hollywood's.

Uhhhh I mean, I don't mind donating a Barbasol can and some crazy glue to Universal. It'll cost me like $7 at max...

Hell, I can probably toss a Barbasol can off the ride if I had good aim...lol I don't mind.
Honestly you could just hand it off to a lead ride operator and they could deposit it in the same spot at the end of the night. It's that easy.

I doubt anybody would actually do it, though.  ;)

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Hollywood is better, no contest. We have the falling car, the waterfall just at the end and two T-Rex... I'll say that again TWO FREAKING T-REX, one coming out of the ceiling and the other one from a waterfall, mind you. The only thing better in Florida is the foliage and the lift hill a bit. 

Reactions: Maurice2029
True, the 2 appearances of the T-Rex and the T-Rex being more of a surprise in the end are better then Florida. I also disliked the colouring of the dinos in Florida, Hollywood felt more real.

The positioning of the dinos is also different in Florida. The spitting dinos attack before you go up the ramp in Hollywood, in Florida they attack when you're already up the ramp and are going towards the T-Rex drop.

There's only one thing I liked better in the Florida version, something I didn't recall the Hollywood version had, and that's when you go up the ramp there's a dino to the left that tries to attack but gets electrocated by an electronic fence. The Hollywood ride didn't have this (instead it has those Raptors attacking from all sides, even above... something that's also better then the ride in Florida).

I thought there were minimal differences between the two rides, but what was I in for a surprise.

There's only one thing I liked better in the Florida version, something I didn't recall the Hollywood version had, and that's when you go up the ramp there's a dino to the left that tries to attack but gets electrocated by an electronic fence. The Hollywood ride didn't have this (instead it has those Raptors attacking from all sides, even above... something that's also better then the ride in Florida).
Yeah, you're referring to the raptor beside the ramp chewing through electric fencing. I like that a lot, as well.

I definitely prefer Hollywood's version, but there's some aspects of Orlando's version that I LOVE. Namely the extra foliage and brighter colored dinosaurs, which makes it feel more lively. And they have two parasaurolophuses! Twooooo!! And they still lurch out of the water! Except the first one always looks like it's drowning.

I like our T-Rex better, though. I think they could do a better job at covering it up with more water/fog to add to the surprise element.

Reactions: William
Yeah, you're referring to the raptor beside the ramp chewing through electric fencing. I like that a lot, as well.
Yep. That one. The only thing in which the ride is superior to Hollywood's.

I definitely prefer Hollywood's version, but there's some aspects of Orlando's version that I LOVE. Namely the extra foliage and brighter colored dinosaurs, which makes it feel more lively. And they have two parasaurolophuses! Twooooo!! And they still lurch out of the water! Except the first one always looks like it's drowning.
True, they have two. I'm sitll trying to decide which one is better related to the Hadrosaur Cove. Hollywood has something like a tunnel (with crashed boat) while Florida just has more like an extension of the normal "road", making it appearing more normal before something goes wrong.

Hollywood has the raptor cage/fence, while Florida has some moving bush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome to hear it returned! It wouldn't be the same without it!

Forgive me if I have posted these before. I may have posted some, but definitely not all. But these are old pictures I dug up involving JP at USH.

First up, closed gate of JP The Ride before the ride was open. You can see VERY young me and my sis:

Gate%20Closed.jpg

Next, we have me and a vehicle from The Lost World that was once in front of the ride:

TLW%20Vehicle.jpg

At one point, this was over in the upper lot in the area that has been long gone. It's a model of the SS Venture from The Lost World.

Venture1.jpg

Venture2.jpg

Finally, apparently this JP jeep was once on the studio tour. Two pictures apparently from two different trips (one has a sign, one doesn't). Too bad both are cut off a bit, lol.

Jeep1.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

And that's it, really. Nothing Earth-shattering, just thought I would share.