Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Amazing. Just amazing. By the way... I was yesterday in the park, and about closing time I got into Jurassic Park... we got stuck in the showroom for 15 min!!! First in the lift chain and then waiting to drop. Many boats were there as well... took video and everything... It was surreal because my sis and I had the boat to ourselves. When we got off a lady handed us jelly bellies... I thought they woukd have to evacuate us...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shhh, keep it down. The dinosaurs are sleeping. (and the Jeep, they need sleep too!)

I kind of love the combination of JP and the sunset, though.

The first and only time I rode JP with my mom, after raving about how much I love the ride, I had the pleasure of experiencing it with all the dinosaurs turned off and no soundtrack. Just silence, all throughout the ride.

T-Rex is hiding behind the Invisibility Cloak aka the giant garbage bag today. Baby Stego was petrified by the Basilisk and everything else basically looked like garbage.

One of my favorite parts of JP and the only reason I ride it during the summer drowning experience is because of the finale Rex and it wasn't there. Naturally, as I was dripping in water that most likely came from the UCLA flood, I was quite distressed.

Reactions: Krusty
The first and only time I rode JP with my mom, after raving about how much I love the ride, I had the pleasure of experiencing it with all the dinosaurs turned off and no soundtrack. Just silence, all throughout the ride.
For whatever reason, the ride absolutely collapses at night. Maybe they have too many boats, but I didn't experience the same issue early in the morning.

It's getting worse and worse. It used to be my favorite ride. It keeps getting worse, I'm gonna stop riding it. It looks terrible. I'm honestly gonna write a strongly worded letter to Universal.
To be fair, this was probably the ride at its worst. It's a much better experience during the daytime.

Jurassic Park is pretty much the only reason I go to USH and it really saddens me to see her in this state. 

To be fair, this was probably the ride at its worst. It's a much better experience during the daytime.
Haha, I wasn't even referring to your video! The ride has been in a horribly dilapidated state every single time during my visits this year, almost exactly like your video.

It needs a proper overhaul ASAP, and quite honestly, I think Universal is stupid if they don't take advantage of Jurassic World coming out to properly overhaul the ride top to bottom and reopen the ride with the new movie as a cross promotion. And I don't mean make it Jurassic World The Ride, just properly redoing it and adding some effects and advertising it as reimagined, just as Disney and Knotts have been doing with some of their classic rides. It's not too expensive, helps promote an old ride as a renewed experience without having to open a new ride, and it ties into their new movie. It's a win-win on every level.

Reactions: steve
It's painful to watch. Please put down this animals... I really hope that after Grinchmas this ride closes for good 3 months to give it the refurb it urgently needs

You know, just yesterday I was watching the 1997 JP ride video Chris Lord uploaded. Smooth running animatronics and an Explorer that dangled before quickly falling really made the attraction awing. I've no memory of seeing the Explorer dangle on the edge so seeing the effect sold as it should as opposed to how it is now was impressive. A perfect nod to the film. That was "how a $100 million dollar attraction should look like" :)

Back in June, almost all my rides on JP were the same as the video. On one of my rides the Explorer wasn't even there and that surprised me. Was there any discussion here over that I might've missed? heh heh.

This ride needs a refurbishment and not just a half assed one to get things working a bit better for a little while. One that will get everything running as it once did. I wouldn't mind waiting whatever time is needed for a full refurbishment. Its really disheartening hearing guests comment on how the ultrasaurus look dumb. :(

Universal might be fools if they don't refurbishing this ride in time for Jurassic World but then again they just might be considering the loss of HoH for what's rumored to take its place. <_<

It's just not the same ride anymore....if they gutted it and started over, I wouldn't be sad. Jurassic Park deserves to be the greatest attraction.

They just need to outsource all the physical effects and animatronics to Garner Holt and let them put in brand new fluid figures that are new technology and will be reliable. I think the issue is that it's running on old tech that can't keep up with the dispatch or...something, idk. It just saddens me...

Also, for some reason, they had a team member stationed at the unloading station of the ride for the day yesterday holding a sign with a password to let us in through the Gate A entrance if we wanted to ride again. I'm not sure if this was to alleviate the dreaded heat or just a nice thing to do, but they didn't do it for every boat that passed by. Just thought I'd share.