Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same here that always ends up happening to me i not suprised no one has died on that ride
You know what you quoted is from 2013, right...? ;)

The ride is safe aha. The reason it can sometimes be more painful/weird than other times is due to two reasons.

1. Overall weight of the boat.

2. Since it's one lap bar for the whole boat, if you have a small body frame or are tiny or skinny, and you're in a row with a very large guest, the lap bar won't come down enough on you. It's still safe, but there's more thrust since there's space between you and the bar.

Same here that always ends up happening to me i not suprised no one has died on that ride
That's the reason why I hate the drop (not really hate but you know). It is because I want to hold on something to not fall. Good thing I (and everyone else) does not have even a injury. Surviving the drop is my biggest achievement in USH.

You know what you quoted is from 2013, right...? ;)

The ride is safe aha. The reason it can sometimes be more painful/weird than other times is due to two reasons.

1. Overall weight of the boat.

2. Since it's one lap bar for the whole boat, if you have a small body frame or are tiny or skinny, and you're in a row with a very large guest, the lap bar won't come down enough on you. It's still safe, but there's more thrust since there's space between you and the bar.
No.2 is my problem. Hate being skinny.

^ If you don't feel comfortable or safe in the ride vehicle with someone else that you're seated with or feel that they will deter your enjoyment, the cast members will be more than happy to put you in another row or vehicle.

*crosses fingers for a change in electronics*

At least I know it'll be open in time for the new film. Slim chance that I may go back out there to see Jurassic World when it comes out. I don't have a pass this year (still don't plan on getting one until Potter arrives at this point). But I dunno. It could be fun to go there again for JP goodness.

Jurassic Park: The Ride will be closed for refurbishment from February 17th - March 13th.
That...is a long time to be closed. A month long refurbishment? I can see them picking this period because it might be slow, but still...I want some of the roughness of the ride to be smoothed out.

The ride typically closes for that long during a refurb, so it's not really out of the ordinary (especially given the time of year it's occurring). RotM, for example, doesn't normally close very long for refurbishment because the amount of care that needs to go into it is nowhere near as extensive as JP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
Last edited by a moderator:
Jurassic Park as a whole has so many amazing and creative opportunities for new amazing attractions beyond River Adventure, and it pains me that even with all the movies and infinite possibilities and constant popularity that they don't create a wonderful new experience. I hope Jurassic World is a massive hit that warrants a new ride.

This might seem like a dumb question but is it against the park rules to tie a jacket around the safety bar and you so you won't fly up during the drop

This might seem like a dumb question but is it against the park rules to tie a jacket around the safety bar and you so you won't fly up during the drop
As someone who is quite smaller than average in height, I've never had a problem with "flying up" during the drop. If you are following the rules and not doing anything you aren't supposed to, I don't see why you would even need to consider tying a jacket around the safety bar. If anything, tying yourself to the lap bar would then make it unsafe.

Your suggestion itself is very unsafe and against the rules and could actually pose a danger.

As I've already told you in another thread, you won't fly out of the ride. In 17 years no one has, and you won't either. Sometimes it might feel like it simply because of the other people in your row who might he bigger and cause a larger gap between you and the bar.

If you don't feel safe on the ride or with someone in your row, just simply tell your request to the team members that you'd like to switch rows or wait for a different ride vehicle, they will let you switch. That applies to any ride at Universal or Disney or anywhere. It's quite simple...

Reactions: BernardMesa
Jurassic Park: The Ride will be closed for refurbishment from February 17th - March 13th.
Hey who knows maybe this has something to do with the upcoming film jurrasic world maybe we will get scene changes and new animatronics all we can do is wait and see how the final product comes out

That would of been cool in the Islands of adventure theme park I really liked the idea of the uv paint scratch marks It would be really cool if they utilized that same idea on our Hollywood jurasic park ride