Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

Check out the size of that auto-erotica behind me! Hubbahubba!!!

30acsae.jpg

And...see, here I'm now sitting by myself, uhhh, errr, talking to myself on USHForums. THAT'S...that's chaos.

Congrats, JPRA fans, the money to refurb the ride just shipped in: http://deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-weekend-box-office-spy-entourage-insidious-chapter-3-1201441812/

Purists are probably going to be upset that this most likely will result in the ride getting a JW-themed makeover, but now there is no way in hell Universal and Comcast on both coasts are gonna allow the attraction to continue in this condition after this summer, I can almost guarantee it. JP is now officially an extremely popular franchise again.

This should be one of top priorities for Universal. If not add a ride, then just invest a LOT to have it up to date, brand new and state of the art animatronics and projection mapped effects, and maybe a few props or references to Jurassic World. A completely refurbished ride can get just as much buzz as a new ride sometimes, look at what's happened at Disney and Knotts the last 4 years or so that they've been updating their old rides with new animatronics and effects. They need to green light a major update and fix ASAP. Pity it wasn't done BEFORE Jurassic World opened.

As long as it DOES happen, I'm happy. The ride deserves it.

(Hell, bring on an additional JP/JW ride to both coasts. Japan is doing it, let's get something new as well for one of the nearby soundstages across from the extended queue that are "rumored" to be on the chopping block.)

I expect this to be the 2017 project. This franchise is now big again and they won't take the waiting game after potter.
Exactly. With the mega success of Jurassic World, they should not wait- they should go ahead and do it right now iwth the renovation.

A change like that would officially ensure I never step foot in USH again. I'm already angry enough about Potter, losing JP to an upgrade would finally destroy my love for Universal completely.
Then probably sooner or later you'll have too. Look, I wouldn't be happy about this either but I think this would be the push for getting the animatronics fixed. I would take better animatronics and more effects than having a broken ride.

Then probably sooner or later you'll have too. Look, I wouldn't be happy about this either but I think this would be the push for getting the animatronics fixed. I would take better animatronics and more effects than having a broken ride.
No one wants the animatronics fixed more than me, trust me. I want the ride running in good condition again, not changed for the most recent movie.

I hate to be that guy, but this is one time where I'm gonna be that guy who hates the popular thing for changing the older thing.

The ride doesn't need to be themed entirely to Jurassic World. They can keep it 99% identical, replace the animatronics with state-of-the-art new ones, as well as maybe add a few extra effects or animatronics from Jurassic World, and they'll be good. Jurassic Park is iconic as is without Jurassic World. They can invest interest and life into the ride without changing or renaming it.

When I went on JP the ride the other day the boats stopped just before the drop and the ride technician guy had to come out of the booth to press the button so we could go down.

Oh and the Rex wasnt working at the end.

Not saying that it WILL be turned into JW but the damn film just broke the opening weekend record and is likely to become one of the highest grossing, if not THE highest grossing film of all-time.

There's no way this thing isn't being touched in the next two years. Just no way.

Not saying that it WILL be turned into JW but the damn film just broke the opening weekend record and is likely to become one of the highest grossing, if not THE highest grossing film of all-time.

There's no way this thing isn't being touched in the next two years. Just no way.
I agree, I think Universal will fast track previous plans that may have been on the backburner.

When you see Orlando United guys on twitter who have been literally drooling over Reign of Kong for the past two years suddenly admit that now in hindsight, building Kong on a JP expansion lot in IoA was a MISTAKE... you know something big is going down. Of course, Kong is still getting built because... it's announced and budgeted for. It's being built.

Yet sadly that all but points to JW-rehauls for JPRA on both coasts. It's really the cheapest and quickest way to cash in on this sort-of new franchise. You'll probably get the Gyrosphere ride at one point or another, but Universal is most likely fast-tracking it to be a small 2017 "addition" for both coasts. Speculation, completely, obviously, but I can't see Comcast not demanding something be done ASAP.