Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^haha.... that's not exactly how it works for the aviary. Most aviaries are basically fencing/netting so the birds & whatnot are outside, but not "loose". Now I'm not exactly sure about the extent of aviary theming the Pteranodon coaster would've had (or the new one being built in Japan), but it wont be an "indoor" coaster because that structure would have to be huge & wouldn't be practical at all.... but my point is, the noise would be blocked because it wouldn't be enclosed like Mummy.

FunFact: the original design for JPRA featured an Aviary scene, but unfortunately it was cut from the final ride (obviously).

Reactions: Alexshow.
So basically the whole reason most of Uni's rides are screen based is bc of noise complaints? Wow. I think if they did an enclosed coaster for JW, that could work and I woudl ride it.

No, the reason most rides are screen based is because its "cheaper" & easier maintenance than say.... JPRA & Mummy which are practical sets, animatronics etc... and require more maintenance results in longer downtime and more money.... just look at our lack of falling jeep, the shape the dinos are in, etc...

I think a "new" coaster is coming. I'm really looking at the Nintendo project at this. But; just don't expect the Aviary. Its just not practical for the park.

BREAKING NEWS:

USH just announce a hamster ball gysphere coaster of vomit-filled fun!... it will have a lot of downtime due to people getting sick because they cant handle being inside a rolling ball of doom! It will a very compact coaster too...

:ph34r:

idea..... Jurassic World the ride...

a completely indoor intense dark ride like Forbidden Journey with the "gyro-spheres" attached to the Kuka Arm.

Perfect excuse to use that technology again in a fun new way. the arm can simulate the movements of it calmly driving around through the valley in 3D dome screens then they could mix practical animatronics etc etc you all know what I mean. Just look at this concept art they made for the movie!!! It just screams make me UC make me damnit!

That thing is the only ride vehicle that could simulate this and whip you around and have a real thrill with a mixture of practical and screenzzz

1278907_907962829247522_4694700359711580957_o.jpg

With Jurassic Worlds big success rising to be the largest second weekend of all time and fastest to reach the billion mark; makes me think Orlando and Hollywood has to be fast tracking a dark ride. It makes sense, especially with how big of a deal the box office for this film is.

With Jurassic Worlds big success rising to be the largest second weekend of all time and fastest to reach the billion mark; makes me think Orlando and Hollywood has to be fast tracking a dark ride. It makes sense, especially with how big of a deal the box office for this film is.
I would love a dark ride! Something that doesnt rely on screens as well...I keep thinking a dark ride for JW would be epic.

So we all agree... fish are friends, not food.. Poor JAWS...

I feel that any new JP/JW ride/attraction needs to have practical sets/animatronics... screens would kinda be a disservice to the movie(s). (Kinda like how they used motion-capture/CGI for a lot of the dino stuff in JW rather than puppets/dino suits). Projections of shadows or a scene that shows a dino in the distance but has really amazing quality that you almost cant tell its a screen would be fine.. But people want to see "living/breathing" dinos, not video screens.

However, I am curious to see how the HelicopTours would've been handled had it been built. If it was really well done, that's fine.. but Soarin' is a snoozefest compared to simulators like BTTF, Simpsons, DM, etc..

A dark ride would be great. A coaster (which can't exactly happen here unless it was indoor) would be nice. Jeep tour. Hell, I'd take a spinner like Silly Swirly if it meant the removal of that DinoPlay area lol

The Dino Play area is a humungous missed opportunity to do something interesting with the JP license. I barely see any kids in that play area anyways and it could easily be another ride.

I agree that it's a missed opportunity, but it's a necessary evil considering there's nothing for kids or toddlers to do in the lower lot. I would've preferred if they added a DinoSoarin' Pteradon flyer spinner, which I STILL would like to see added. Or a Spinning Dino Egg ride that was mentioned in Jurassic World. I'd love to see Jurassic Park expanded here. So much potential and opportunity, and they're quite honestly missing out.

If they can't implement a full Gyrosphere ride here, I think it'd be cool to at least have a teacup ride based on them. Have them more accessible than in the film, and have it take up the extended queue of JP that's only ever used for HHN. Maybe have a few animatronics or detailed dino models surround the ride. Could be fun.

Wow....look thrilling it looks in that ;)

Seriously, if they're going to those kind of lengths to advertise the ride again, they better take the time to update it! It's still in a very sorry state, and just like how the Gasolina stop was embarrassing to the F&F franchise, JP The Ride is unfortunately in an embarrassing state for the JP franchise. I hope they take time to update it.