Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

Yea, but Wesker; if The Pirates Of The Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

So yea, that's really sad of the state as mentioned by Triflux.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always hated that line in the movie because Disneyland opened in 1955! How can you get that wrong? It's only one of the most famous theme parks ever! But on the other hand this ride is still one of my favorites and just don't understand we they can't just fix it up. This is why I give disneyland the edge is because every time I go their rides look brand new even when their rides are 20 years old or more. I used to love Universal Studios but now the only uniqe ride they have is Jurassic Park but look how poorly they kept it. I feel like most of Universal's money goes to florida because it is awesome there! They spare no expense in the florida universal. 

Why do I disagree with that statement? Sure, we have clones of what Orlando has done; but we improved them by a landslide on terms of capacity, theming, and the overall experience.

Excuse me while I die of laughter for the next 20mins or so after those last two statements in regards to Orlando... :lol:  *dead*

Having lived in Orlando from 1999-2003 & 2006-2014, I can assure you, Orlando budget cuts A LOT! Whether it is new rides/attractions, shows or special events (HHN, Macys/Grinchmas, & Mardi Gras), budget cuts happen, some more drastic/noticeable than others. They are far from "sparing no expense". And "Universal's money" doesn't mostly go to Orlando, it doesn't work like that. They're two separately operated parks owned by the same company. It all comes down to how much they want to invest. Orlando went several years without getting "new" additions & it wasn't for the lack of space. They also have a horrible track record for ride upkeep.

and in regards to the Disneyland line in the movie, they said the incorrect year on purpose. It is supposed to be a joke.

I always hated that line in the movie because Disneyland opened in 1955! How can you get that wrong? It's only one of the most famous theme parks ever! But on the other hand this ride is still one of my favorites and just don't understand we they can't just fix it up. This is why I give disneyland the edge is because every time I go their rides look brand new even when their rides are 20 years old or more. I used to love Universal Studios but now the only uniqe ride they have is Jurassic Park but look how poorly they kept it. I feel like most of Universal's money goes to florida because it is awesome there! They spare no expense in the florida universal.
I always hated that line as well, because it was such a dumb mistake, but it was actually done on purpose to symbolize that Hammond DIDN'T do all of his research properly. But the joke flops IMO lol.

I remember reading/watching an interview with one of the creators saying that they pitched the idea that Jurassic Park should be created entirely indoors to protect the animatronics from the elements. but Universal wanted it outside for a more immersive experience. does anyone know where I can find this interview/video. I remember it but I don't know where to find it.

IMPORTANT: Im being told that some dinosaurs where spitting oil at people in the ride due to heat. The ride including two others were shut down due to heat. This was yesterday. The dinosaurs include the big trex and the spitters.

Its actually not too surprising due to the heat we've had lately, and we've seen what horrible condition the dinos are in. Almost surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

I'm just curious what two other rides would've been shut down due to heat considering everything except JPRA, Silly Swirly & Studio Tour are indoors.

^Th simpsons closed because a few of the domes started heating up and mummy closed since i think it got heated up too.

IMPORTANT: Im being told that some dinosaurs where spitting oil at people in the ride due to heat. The ride including two others were shut down due to heat. This was yesterday. The dinosaurs include the big trex and the spitters.
Could that be a safety hazard? Just wondering if this could be one of the reasons the T-Rex is getting fixed.

^ Its wasnt. The oil is used for moving the water. This incident caused a number of injurys. Peoples skin were burning like they were dieing.

Yes, the oil coming from the dinos can actually cause burn injuries. It isn't surprising considering the heat & their condition. Especially after reading that article.

I've never seen an AA spit oil, but have heard about it. When it occurs (both Disney and Universal) is a serious issue, and isn't taken lightly. It's an immediate cause for a shutdown due to guest safety.