Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

I don't recall previous refurbishments utilizing such big cranes. 

JurassicPark_010916_1.jpg
JurassicPark_010916_2.jpg

Love the Raptor Enclosure-themed walls.

JurassicPark_010916_3.jpg

^ If you're asking about the track, it's no longer there. They've removed it. What you see is the magnetic braking system.

^ If you're asking about the track, it's no longer there. They've removed it. What you see is the magnetic braking system.
Then I meant the brakes, hehe. Its very interesting to see JP being refurbed like this..and I am interested to see the outcome of the refurb now more than I had.

I just hope that it can finish by Spring Breaks early start in March..

i wonder if they will expose the whole drop....that will be an amazing thing to see. i know some people want this open before spring but let them take their time. that ride is embarrassing  bad because of its current condition. yet i understand why you want it open before universal becomes a daily cluster f*&k comw april.

I honestly don't care how long JP will be closed. The longer the better. I wish this was a super extensive top to bottom makeover. The animatronics MAKE the ride. Can you imagine Pirates of the Caribbean with all the animatronics in horrible condition?

Friends in Operation's said closed til April 5th... let's hope it gets the attention it desperately needed.

You say that like its a bad thing Ryan! :p  And lets be realistic, this is USH, they're cheap... instead of a Chris Pratt figure, they'll just have him film a few queue video segments to play on the queue screens lol

Too be fair, the non-POTC film animatronics are not exactly very advanced compared to the dinos.

As for whatever the hell they are doing with JPRA... I do agree the dinos need some major love. It'd also be nice to see sparks again in the raptor containment fence. Honestly, as I have said before, I don't care if they're static figures, the two raptors they add to the empty area on the right before the big drop are something that should be permanent. Oh and please, for the love of god.. HIDE THE DAMN MECHANISM & WIRES FOR THE T-REX!!!! It is so awful being able to see that stuff. I mean, sure, I find it fascinating, but that is what a behind the scenes look/walkthrough of the ride is for.

It'd make sense that they'd want JPRA looking great 2 days before Potter grand opens, but that is cutting it a little close. Curious to see what all they do to this ride because it seems like they don't invest enough money into it like they should.

And regardless of anything, it will ALL be washed out entirely by Potter press. It's imperative for capacity but it will no matter what be a relatively quiet reopening compared to how things will be that week.

Just got word that Jurassic Park will be closed not until April but until March 4th. 

Still a significant amount of time, looking forward to seeing all they end up doing to it!
I really hope they accomplish a significant amount of time to make it look fresh. Most likely I'll be at the park this Friday and peer over SSFL to see how significant it is. If they really are going to refresh the animatronics and effects, do you really think they would make a special announcement for it? They would have to work with a new FX company to do all of that as the one that designed all of the old effects went out of business. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So looks like it's just a track replacement project? Hopefully this is a Stage 1 of totally updating the ride, similar to what Disney did with Big Thunder Mountain.
Didn't think about that, but that would be great. Get the track replacement out of the way and then open up a redone version after the Potter hype wares down a bit.