Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey, let's not hotlink images from other sites. Bandwidth is not free, and I'd appreciate it if you would link to their page rather than hotlink their images directly.
I understand that.

Back to JPs ultimate refurb being in phases possibly..that actually wouldn't surprise me. Considering that this year is a total track enhancement for the second half, I could see next year to where the refurb goes to as long as Mid-April under a new name, new line film, and improved AAs. Atleast; in my perspective..

23848031363_f8fd6f4e02_b.jpg

Looks like some heavy work happening on the final drop. 

24179248520_c3019d3d55_b.jpg

24107296969_0c63a33bb9_b.jpg

Looks like they are repainting the cliffside next to the lagoon a brighter shade of brown. Hopefully someone can get some photos soon.

I saw in one of the pics that there is some work been done at the drop. Please tell me they are not planning to change our T-Rex to a lame Florida version... they are not doing that right?? just work on the track... right?? right??!!!

Lame FL version!?.... You do know that the T-Rex has improved each time the ride has been built right? haha... Japan has the best one. If I remember correctly, Singapore's only has the ceiling attack version from our ride. Haven't watched a video of/read up on it in a while. 

And our T-Rex was exposing itself way too much. Hopefully they fix that because it really killed the scene. You could see the mechanism that moved it along with all of the cables & wires. It was awful.

I always loved that our T-Rex was a surprise and was hidden. I love how cool the Orlando version is, especially its fluid movement, but it's just "there" and there's surprise. Ours just needs a much stronger waterfall and thicker fog to cover it before the reveal. It's too thin right now.

Lame FL version!?.... You do know that the T-Rex has improved each time the ride has been built right? haha... Japan has the best one. If I remember correctly, Singapore's only has the ceiling attack version from our ride. Haven't watched a video of/read up on it in a while. 
Singapore has nothing similar to the other installations of Jurassic Park. It looks very cheap.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Sure it does! It has the JP name, theme, dinos & wetness! :p  Yea, just pulled up a video for their ride.. OMG... those dinos are cheap looking. Ours at least look good, but are just broken haha...

Reactions: Jon Fu
I wonder if their animatronics are more limited in movement because of the nature of it being a rapids ride, as you don't have time to eagle eye on each figure because of the constant spinning. Still pretty cheap though.

Their finale is beyond lame and way too tame/anticlimactic. I give them props for trying something new though at least!

I wonder how much it would cost to replace every single animatronic in our ride with brand new modern units. The originals (when they worked properly) were absolutely incredible in 1996. The amount of movement they had was amazing, and they really looked like they were the same animatronics from the films. The way they dumbed them down is a disgrace.

The dilos have aged terribly. Once so fast they'd scare you half to death but now they need their walkers and you can almost hear them say "Yeah I'm coming..."

I like the surprise of the T-Rex in the Hollywood version but they need to figure out to hide his exposed parts. It can't be that hard.

Also fix the raptors. With the one the left side, you can see the elevator platform. Come on, Uni.

I like the surprise of the T-Rex in the Hollywood version but they need to figure out to hide his exposed parts. It can't be that hard.

Also fix the raptors. With the one the left side, you can see the elevator platform. Come on, Uni.
I like to think that this was a "Kurzweil " idea.  The T-Rex worked beautifully when it first opened, but someone had the great idea of having the Rex be closer to the boat for more of a scare.  This redesign of its mechanics forced the head to stay low not allowing the neck to hide the mechanics until the boat gets below the Rex.  I like to call it "the moment when the theme park takes the ride quality and shoves it straight down the toilet".  FJ has seen some of this too in Orlando.

It's not much but there's some water in the pond again.  And lots of tree trimmings in a pile.

JurassicPark_021116_1.jpg

It feels so impersonal to be replaced by a plastic tub of water.  I guess I've been called worse.  ;-)

JurassicPark_021116_2.jpg

I wish I could say I knew what's changed, but for all I know it'll be a bunch of new parts that render the exact same guest experience as before.

JurassicPark_021116_3.jpg

Reactions: BernardMesa
Looked like clean up crews and painters were working today.  Hopefully that means the big stuff is done and reopening is imminent.  Hey, how do they get those boom cranes into the splash pond?

JurassicPark_021516_1.jpg
JurassicPark_021516_2.jpg

Work happening in the rooftop seating area.  I wonder if it's just cosmetic or something more.

JurassicPark_021516_3.jpg