Springfield | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you look closely the framework for the first hill (the one Mr. Burn's Mansion sits on) is right behind Moe's Tavern. 

Reactions: William
I totally agree, Dragon Challenge is good as it is. It's a roller coaster, the theming is fine, the queue is amazing, so I don't see the problem with the current theming. It takes nothing away from the experience, and it comes from a huge Harry Potter fan. They built an amazing, groundbreaking ride with a themed land to accompany it so, it's all fine by me. Yeah, maybe the theming of the car it's not exactly the same as in the movie, maybe they were expecting a rubber covering for the cars with scales and that the car breathed fire ... back to Springfield... I am not that excited about this. I mean it's just restaurants. Yes, maybe it's themed but it's basically a food court. Maybe when I see it I change my opinion, but, once again, it'll be just a restaurant... ehm food court...

Reactions: Jon Fu
In my mind, I don't see it as just a food court. This is the next huge step in cohesive theming since Minion Mayhem and SSFL, and it creates a more well-rounded area out of a previously hodgepodge-esque part of the park. Not only will it replenish the major loss of dining venues in the Upper Lot, but it'll also provide more shopping opportunities as well. In addition, our rendition is better than Florida's. That's an accomplishment in and of itself in my book.

15460089741_0f6a96f4fc_o.jpg

15440135626_a4c66be9f1_o.jpg

Reactions: Aaron and William
Jon thanks for that visual!!! Nice to see that it's gonna match the concept art and that they're including the hill! I'm excited about it!

(Although I really hope it'll be at least somewhat 3D-ish and not too flat looking.

Sadly, I feel that actual photos of this area will suffer as the entire facade faces north and will always be backlit by the sun.  Perhaps better photos on cloudy days...

I'm really impressed by how this is all coming along. Is it weird that I'm more excited for the Duff Beer, Krusty Burgers, Lard Lad Donuts and the Flaming Moe's more than Fast and the Furious? This is looking great! Nice to see some legitamite theming going on here at USH. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how this will all turn out once it's finished.

Since we know there will be a second-story seating area, I assume the windows from the "background buildings" will be windows for the upstairs dining area?

Doubt it. If they were, we would have seen them cut out in the sheathing before they painted it. Seems the only actual window is the one where Snake is supposed to be coming out of. 

Reactions: William
I wonder why they haven't included actual windows in the design. Perhaps there's a special feature on the second floor...