Springfield | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Android's awning is being installed! Photo from IU's Twitter:

16053921444_65372688da.jpg

Also, not sure when it was installed, but the small water tower above Springfield General Hospital is now in place.

Walls down doesn't mean complete accessibility to the facades. Most likely barricades with tarps will be placed.

Really enjoying it. Not a huge Simspons fan but a few of my friends who are always expressed how Orlando's Moes looked too "clean" and "fake." Never been to Orlando's Springfield so I can't make any comparison but I apreciate the attention to detail in our version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orlando does look a bit too clean. Come to think of it, SImpsons really doesn't lend itself that well to being an immersive land unless it's stacked. Florida's installation sort of resembles a strip mall, which I guess is the original intention.

I love the lighting, and I gotta say, it's going to look great at night, especially during HHN considering the feel and vibe it seems to give off.. Cannot wait for Springfield to open already.

Reactions: Aaron
Yeah, I was absolutely giddy when I saw that Moe's sign was "aged" and "dirty", absolutely wonderful detail! Lighting is great as well! I can't wait to have lots of food options at the park again, the lack of decent options has really annoyed me recently.

It will look great when all the lights are on. By its self it dies look somewhat strange but when the whole thing lit up including the buildings. Im sure it will look amazing.

New layer of the 'mountain' is up.  Still needs foreground layer with gates to the road.  I like the little trees that line the street.  Anyone know what variety they are?  I assume something miniature since they would be completely out of scale if they grew much.

Springfield_022815_1.jpg

Springfield_022815_2.jpg

And here's a work-in-progress shot of the area separating Springfield from Hogsmeade.  I assume those are planters for trees which will visually divide the two lands.  Plus there is what looks to be a billboard.  Hmm.

Springfield_022815_3.jpg

Really excited to see how they pull off the sight gags with Snake in the Springfield Police Department and Sideshow Bob escaping the Prison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
The original Springfield really wowed me at first. The land seemed so immersive and complex.. That is, until I visited in person. It just seemed like it wasn't fully complete, and there were just large gaps between the different venues that broke the sense of immersion when you saw other areas of the park. Moe's looks downright flat and bland compared to ours, and half of Fast Food Blvd is covered up with big ugly umbrellas. Also, as mentioned above, Springfield is definitely meant to be a grander experience with buildings "stacked" on one another rather than spontaneously positioned here and there.

And here's a work-in-progress shot of the area separating Springfield from Hogsmeade.  I assume those are planters for trees which will visually divide the two lands.  Plus there is what looks to be a billboard.  Hmm.
Nice catch! That billboard could either be a fake advertisement for a comic (since it's next to Android's), or the anticipated "Welcome to Springfield" sign.

Wow, walls are ready to come down any day now! I predict soft openings around the last/ second to last week of March 

Reactions: Imdbman