Springfield | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well If that's the case, Oh well! I can at least hope the Krusty Burger building goes to a lightish tan as seen in the concept art. Lard Lad was orange in the concept art but when I saw it blue I was pleasantly surprised. Here's to hoping for a color change to Krusty Burger, too much orange would look strange. 
school.jpg

It seems like they suddenly picked up the pace with Duff Brewery! Looks awesome. I wonder how fast they can complete that side.

As for Lard Lad.. Maybe they wanted contrasting colors? The buildings right behind Lard Lad are both blue (even though Krusty Burger is orange...).

SoCalThemeParks posted a few photos of Springfield at night (which looks amazing already) and a shot through the Construction walls that show part of the interior of Moes Tavern. Looks nearly complete and it will be interesting to note it doesn't look like there will be a door connecting it to the rest of the foodcourt like in Orlando. Looks like Chris was right!

https://twitter.com/socalthemepk360/status/574418732828614656

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Freak and William
I think streetlights are going to be the last thing installed before walls come down. They better hurry because peak season is coming and those walls need to be down along with all the new food carrying its own weight.

SoCalThemeParks posted a few photos of Springfield at night (which looks amazing already) and a shot through the Construction walls that show part of the interior of Moes Tavern. Looks nearly complete and it will be interesting to note it doesn't look like there will be a door connecting it to the rest of the foodcourt like in Orlando. Looks like Chris was right!

https://twitter.com/socalthemepk360/status/574418732828614656
Thanks SoCalThemeParks! Here's their interior shot of Moe's:

16749691715_f923b5b013.jpg

It already looks impeccable, right down to the ceiling tiles. I'd imagine there's some sort of archway or something connecting to the main food court, because with so much seating, you'd think guests would be eating in this venue. Maybe I'm wrong?

Reactions: Freak
My guess? The door that leads to the Moe's restroom in the show will be utilized as the door to the rest of the food court here. Just a guess, but that'd be pretty creative...

My guess? The door that leads to the Moe's restroom in the show will be utilized as the door to the rest of the food court here. Just a guess, but that'd be pretty creative...
Not a bad idea, but I don't know if they'd place a door if guests will be coming in and out with trays full of food.

The one thing that might bother me is the lack of windows. Especially on the top level. I hope it doesn't feel too claustrophobic.
I think this is another underlying concern of mine. I'm probably just being a worrywart, but it would be really unfortunate if this food court felt claustrophobic.

Maybe Universal will step up in theming and make each restaurant individual and have no food court so there would be an actual Cletus's chicken shack restaurant and an actual Krusty Burger because the Moes tavern in the picture looks much larger than orlandos

I was most underwhelmed with the very bleh interior "themeing" of the food court in Florida. I hope our interior is as impressive inside as it is outside. I love how Gru's looks, so I have high hopes.

Maybe Universal will step up in theming and make each restaurant individual and have no food court so there would be an actual Cletus's chicken shack restaurant and an actual Krusty Burger because the Moes tavern in the picture looks much larger than orlandos
But how would guests navigate to the second floor if there were only individual venues?

Also, it's hard to tell from just one photo, but it seems our Moe's is just as big as Orlando's. I can't say for sure because we don't know how wide the room is, but they seem about the same size.

Not a bad idea, but I don't know if they'd place a door if guests will be coming in and out with trays full of food.
 The door could be left open, with the Restroom sign painted on just for themeing, but an actual sign leading to additional seating upstairs. Just a thought, but I doubt something like that will happen, maybe the doors to the other restaurants will be to the sides of Moe's with the stair cases at the ends of Krusty Burger and Cletus's?

Reactions: William
I think the latter could be likely. I don't have any insider knowledge beyond my experiences in USF's Springfield, but if there's any continuity, there'll be some generic areas inside the food court (likely where seating and staircases are).

Reactions: chris.g
From the looks of it there will be venues on the Police Station side and Kursty Burger side but the center will be where the Elevators/ramps are located (that's where the building porturdes outward on both levels). To the far right behind the Krustylu Studios façade will be the (I'm assuming emergency) staircase.

Reactions: William
I know I'm veering off the current topic but any chance any of you know if Springfield will possibly be open a week from this Tuesday ?

Walls could possibly be down, but I don't expect a soft opening until at least the 28th.

I know I'm veering off the current topic but any chance any of you know if Springfield will possibly be open a week from this Tuesday ?
Welcome to the forums!

I'll agree that some walls may be down by that time, but soft opening likely won't begin until later this month. Technically, Springfield as a whole isn't supposed to be open until the spring, which suggests an official opening anytime from late March to late June.