Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield

Hi all, this is my first post here but I have been lurking for a while now... :ph34r:

I am really happy with all the recent changes such as Springfield, I feel like universal studios Hollywood is going through a second golden-age if you will.

Having just picked up a season pass online, I will try taking helpful photos when I can! (Tomorrow: Springfield if all goes well)Cheers, and see you at the park!
Welcome to the forums! I agree with you in that Uinversal is going through it second golden-age era! The best part/feeling is that we are living and going through this important phase of Universal together as a loving and caring family! I really can't emphasize enough my excitement for Springfield to open!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, this is my first post here but I have been lurking for a while now... :ph34r:

I am a long time Universal Junkie starting 1986 at kongs opening!

I still miss the Cylons, KITT, and most of all the Conan show (the rain curtain around the theater was just magical as a child! Not to mention sword fighting and a DRAGON...)

I am really happy with all the recent changes such as Springfield, I feel like universal studios Hollywood is going through a second golden-age if you will.

Having just picked up a season pass online, I will try taking helpful photos when I can! (Tomorrow: Springfield if all goes well)

Cheers, and see you at the park!
Welcome! Nice to see a long time Universal fan join, especially one who loves the early golden age! :)

Just a tidbit of news: We'll be getting a Barney statue in Moe's Tavern identical to the one found in USF. He'll be standing by one of the front windows, just to the right of an archway leading to another section of the foodcourt/building.

Something else I noticed is that our character statues appear to have a matte finish, while Florida's are very glossy. Not that big of a deal, but I have to say, ours do look better.

According to numerous team members on various forms of social media, a soft opening of some form is supposed to occur today. If any of you end up going, make sure to take some photos for us that aren't able to! Oh, and try a Krusty Burger for me, will you?

Springfield looked great this morning.  Walls down everywhere except where expected, around Victoria Station, Hogsmeade arch and (future Hogsmeade exit points?) next to Stu's Disco and WaterWorld restrooms.  Suds McDuff's Hot Dog House was a surprise to me.  Funny how the ice cream shop, italian restaurant and hot dog vendor are exactly where they used to be but completely rethemed. 

Pics coming as soon as work schedule allows.

Ok, so, I've barely been able to do anything productive at work right now. Been looking at pictures all morning, and I'm absolutely floored. This is absolutely jaw dropping incredible, and Universal Creative should be extremely proud of themselves!!!! Such talent. For starting out to be an addition I wasn't too thrilled about (due to the underwhelming experience in Orlando), I'm absolutely ecstatic about Springfield! The detail, inside and out, is just light years ahead of what I expected.

Thank you to Inside Universal for the coverage! Can't wait till this weekend!

My wallet isn't that excited though haha.

Here's some from this morning before the businesses were open.  Mostly I'm choosing stuff I'm not seeing others post, but I'm at work and not looking everywhere.  I gotta say I'm very impressed with how well it's turned out.  As you know I visit the park A LOT (this is my 8th consecutive day) and there are things even I am surprised by.  Really excellent work by all the teams at Universal.

Springfield_032715_1.jpg
Springfield_032715_2.jpg
Springfield_032715_3.jpg
Springfield_032715_4.jpg
Springfield_032715_5.jpg
Springfield_032715_6.jpg
Springfield_032715_7.jpg

Are Patty and Selma issuing drivers licenses?

Springfield_032715_8.jpg
Springfield_032715_9.jpg