Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Saw the Paint the Night parade tonight for the first time in its entirety in person! I absolutely loved it! So high energy, love the ear worm theme song, the colors, etc. It's low on floats, but Disney is apparently going to be adding more floats little by little soon. Either way, love having a nighttime electrical parade again!

Saw the Paint the Night parade tonight for the first time in its entirety in person! I absolutely loved it! So high energy, love the ear worm theme song, the colors, etc. It's low on floats, but Disney is apparently going to be adding more floats little by little soon. Either way, love having a nighttime electrical parade again!
Did you catch the strains from Main Street Electrical Parade's old tracks? I'm eager for new floats, it was very enjoyable.

^ oh absolutely, I love that they integrated some of the melody from the MSEP. Gave me chills! I can't wait for more floats, it's an amazing parade. You can't beat the Disneyland Resort at night right now. Paint the Night Parade, Fantasmic, Disneyland Forever, and World of Color. So much fun.

^ oh absolutely, I love that they integrated some of the melody from the MSEP. Gave me chills! I can't wait for more floats, it's an amazing parade. You can't beat the Disneyland Resort at night right now. Paint the Night Parade, Fantasmic, Disneyland Forever, and World of Color. So much fun.
Disneyland Forever was okay, I enjoyed parts of it. I'm just extremely hard to please with fireworks because of my love for Remember...Dreams Come True. Still haven't watched World of Color...had the option to reserve dinner at Carthay and vip viewing for it for hubby's bday but opted to do Blue Bayou and Fantasmic! instead. Hoping I made the right choice on that.

Take this rumor with a grain of salt, but one guy who claims to have contacts with an Imagineer says that Mystic Manor will make its way over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to blue bayou, and sadly was disappointed. The food was amazing other than my steak being overcooked (I ordered medium rare, was closer to medium well). However the service was very disappointing. Waitress was nice but clearly distracted, forgot things I asked for, didn't check on us but once to give us the check during a 3 course meal, and we had to ask at the end for the seat cushions we were supposed to have been given at our table before eating. We had to ask other waiters to refill our drinks, and our pass discount was applied wrong at first. It wasn't really even busy, barely half full at that time. I was highly disappointed, especially for the price I paid.

Take this rumor with a grain of salt, but one guy who claims to have contacts with an Imagineer says that Mystic Manor will make its way over here.
Saw that on micechat. Multiple reasons why that sounds phony, but I do hope a VERSION of that ride ends up in DCA. Plop it in Paradise Pier as a Haunted Fun House, or in Hollywoodland as The Magic Castle or an eccentric Hollywood millionaire's mansion where he has a haunted but whimsical collection of movie props.

Went to blue bayou, and sadly was disappointed. The food was amazing other than my steak being overcooked (I ordered medium rare, was closer to medium well). However the service was very disappointing. Waitress was nice but clearly distracted, forgot things I asked for, didn't check on us but once to give us the check during a 3 course meal, and we had to ask at the end for the seat cushions we were supposed to have been given at our table before eating. We had to ask other waiters to refill our drinks, and our pass discount was applied wrong at first. It wasn't really even busy, barely half full at that time. I was highly disappointed, especially for the price I paid.
Sorry to hear that, love. They need hospitality training for all "higher end" Disney restaurants, to at least come close to the Napa Rose.

Hey guys.  With Disney banning selfie sticks from their parks, which I'm glad, do you think Universal will follow?

This guy on Micechat who claims he has insider info that Mystic Manor is coming is claiming that Disney will not announce anything until late 2017nor start construction until then. Again, I know, grain of salt, but I'm just hungry for any rumors at this point. IF what he is saying is true, then that is WAY too late. Universal will be laughing their butts off by the time Disney opens anything. If they're going to wait THAT long for an expansion, they better go big or go home. Disney better have some cool stuff to announce because I think we're all sick of the waiting game here. It's becoming increasingly frustrating.

^ Remember, Universal isn't leapfrogging Disney here with the introduction of Potter. Just compare the roster of attractions between Disneyland Park and Universal, and you'll see who needs to catch up to whom.

I agree with Jon. As much as I'd love a massive Disneyland expansion to open up new rides ASAP, they're not starving for rides. Their attraction and show lineup is massive in our two DLR parks, we have almost as much in our two parks as WDW has in four. They're not in direct competition with USH at all, and they will take time with any expansion they have planned right now, (which is a lot). But again, with attendance at an all time high, Disney isn't starving for new attractions ASAP. But they DO need to expand if just to add their new IPs into the park and to spread crowds just a bit more, Disneyland and DCA have a few expansion pads.