Disneyland Resort | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I've heard, it's Autopia that's going away. Today they are going to announce the Star Wars expansion for the park, Star Wars movies till 2021, and AND!!!!!!!! DUCKTALES IS BACK!

....from what I've hearrrrrrrd!

Just to throw it out there, I used to work at Disneyland. I've been up close to the firework launch area and I've helped clean Toon Town after the fireworks are over. Make no mistake; they close Toon Town at 8:30 for a good reason. That place gets wrecked some nights, wind is of course a factor. A small fire starting backstage is not out of the ordinary, they don't let non-essential Cast Members get anywhere close to the area while the show is happening, and they don't even let Cast park cars on the top floor of the parking structure back there past a certain time. They would have to DRASTICALLY change how the fireworks show happens for them to build Star Wars back there. They ain't going to do that because they have near perfect framing behind the castle. I believe people would have a fit if they closed Star Wars every day at 8:30. 

Another thing is Star Tours. I highly doubt they want to build Star Wars far away from the other Star Wars ride. I guess Disney could come up with some story line where they explicitly say that Star Tours is some spaceport that takes off from Disneyland, while Star Wars is on... I dunno the Endor Moon or something.  I can't see two separate Future areas featuring Star Wars being in the park. Imagine the confusion to first time guests. 

From what I've heard, it's Autopia that's going away. Today they are going to announce the Star Wars expansion for the park, Star Wars movies till 2021, and AND!!!!!!!! DUCKTALES IS BACK!

....from what I've hearrrrrrrd!

Just to throw it out there, I used to work at Disneyland. I've been up close to the firework launch area and I've helped clean Toon Town after the fireworks are over. Make no mistake; they close Toon Town at 8:30 for a good reason. That place gets wrecked some nights, wind is of course a factor. A small fire starting backstage is not out of the ordinary, they don't let non-essential Cast Members get anywhere close to the area while the show is happening, and they don't even let Cast park cars on the top floor of the parking structure back there past a certain time. They would have to DRASTICALLY change how the fireworks show happens for them to build Star Wars back there. They ain't going to do that because they have near perfect framing behind the castle. I believe people would have a fit if they closed Star Wars every day at 8:30. 

Another thing is Star Tours. I highly doubt they want to build Star Wars far away from the other Star Wars ride. I guess Disney could come up with some story line where they explicitly say that Star Tours is some spaceport that takes off from Disneyland, while Star Wars is on... I dunno the Endor Moon or something.  I can't see two separate Future areas featuring Star Wars being in the park. Imagine the confusion to first time guests. 
From what I've been hearing much of the Star Wars land would be enclosed to avoid the fireworks problem as well as help create the immersive environment... Can't wait to see what ends up being true but I doubt its the autopia area at this point with every thing leaning towards toon town and big thunder ranch plus the moving of all those backstage areas! 

Just confirmed at D23!!!!Star Wars land is coming to Disneyland!!!!The land will apparently be 14 acres and will include two signature attractions as well as shops and restaurants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12th Man
Welp, there she is. Full article here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/08/star-wars-themed-lands-coming-to-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-resorts/

SWL203101.jpg

Reactions: 12th Man
I wonder how if they are going to try to cover the massive structures so they aren't seen around all of Disneyland. Because you wouldn't what to see Star Wars in frontierland.

Needs more Gungans and Ewoks (I kid of course).

I'm a bit disappointed it's not based on all 3 trilogies, but then again the Prequels and Originals are already represented on Star Tours, so I can live without them being part of the main land. My main disappointment are CERTAIN theme park fans, SOME Universal fans are already hating on this and SOME Disney fans are unnecessarily bashing Potter, this land wouldn't even be a thing without the creation and success of Potter. WHY CAN'T WE ENJOY BOTH!!!!!

That being said, this looks amazing and I know the long wait will definitely be worth it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Carsland is 12 acres and was officially announced in October of 2007. Construction began in July of 2009 and it opened in June of 2012. That's 4 years and 8 months from announcement to opening. I'm guessing we won't see a Star Wars Land until Summer of 2019. 

measured in google maps pro..... autopia and submarines are only about 9 acres.... Toon Town, BT Ranch and those first backstage areas?.... 14.5 acres

I think we now know for sure where this is going!

Hey.. leave the Ewoks & Gungans alone... Especially the Ewoks, they're vicious!

And while I understand that they want to capitalize on the upcoming Trilogy/Spin-off films... it annoys me that they shelved/scrapped a whole bunch of rides/attractions that were working on based on the Prequel/Original trilogies. Star Tours better not get the axe because of this new land... if anything, I would want it relocated (same with the upcoming Star Wars Launch Bay).. I believe I've mentioned it before, but Disney has a dueling coaster concept based on xwings/tie-fighters that was supposed to be built at DHS years ago, but was sadly "shelved".

Hopefully this new land will mean all of the fun themed Food & Drinks that can be found at DHS during Star Wars Weekends will also find their way to this coast. I miss my damn Vader cupcakes & blue milk ice cream dammit! .......also, can we has SWW too? I miss it..

Reactions: Bonkers
Concept art looks absolutely incredible, I didn't expect it to look so....earthy and fantasy-like. Reminds me of a cross between the new Pandora land (which looks amazing too) and a more grungy Tomorrowland.

I hope that it's not just called "Star Wars Land". Something like "Galaxy Far, Far Away" would be awesome on a map.

Can't wait for more details! Seeing this concept art really eases the pain that Toontown is most likely on the chopping block.

I hope the two main rides will be as incredible if not more than the new Pirates ride in Shanghai.

I'm curious if they'll move Stat Tours to this new land. Not impossible.

Reactions: Bonkers
I honestly would love for them to find a way to keep Roger Rabbit's ride... I don't care if they had to dismantle it & relocate it to HollywoodLand in DCA... Losing it would really kinda suck. As for Gadgets Go Coaster... while it isn't anything exciting by any means, I almost feel like they could pull a Universal & give it the Hippogriff treatment with new trains & a whole lot of theming (Ewoks? Droids?)... yea its just a stupid generic kiddie/family coaster, but I'd rather see the ride/attraction count at the park(s) go up rather than remain the same with replacements (even if they're way better). Or like Roger Rabbit, throw it into DCA as part of A Bug's Land or something.

Yea DCA is getting Marvel Land, but still..

I'm a huge fan of what Universal did with Wizarding World. But this already looks way more immersive than that. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Hopefully this causes Universal to try and "one up" Disney with something better (and just as immersive). Either way, this is a win-win for theme park fans.

Reactions: Wesker69