Disneyland Resort | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As for the stormtrooper dark ride, as cool as that sounds, no way it would be the size of Toontown, no way in this current age of Disneyland would they spend that much space on one ride, also what would they do for it to be that long, stormtroopers never did much then hit their heads on walls or give away the shield to the base when you were sold on being a badass character in marketing
Toon Town is only 3 acres in size. Star Wars Land is 14 acres in size. It's certainly not out of the question for them to devote 3 acres to a ride. Forbidden Journey is almost the size of Toon Town. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok its not out of the question but do you actually think they'd do it, btw how much space does haunted mansion take up
Not sure what the headlining "Battle Escape" attraction will entail but the show building will definitely be massive. 

Yeah, the show buildings will be pretty massive. But to conceal them, they will be covered by stunning and equally as massive rockwork and more. I think it's going to give Cars Land a run for it's money it terms of that initial "wow" moment.

Yeah, the show buildings will be pretty massive. But to conceal them, they will be covered by stunning and equally as massive rockwork and more. I think it's going to give Cars Land a run for it's money it terms of that initial "wow" moment.
Especially for star wars fansbtw I didn't know anything about it being a battle escape ride, all i heard was stormtrooper ride, I only thing I knew was happening in Star Wars land was the falcon ride

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Mission Space is terrible, it was cool for what it was. It wasn't great or anything but I liked it. I did the "more intense" version and it only disappointed me because I expected something more crazy, I don't understand how that ride messes people up. I also don't think they'd do the falcon ride like that, if they did, I'd be very disappointing.

As for the stormtrooper dark ride, as cool as that sounds, no way it would be the size of Toontown, no way in this current age of Disneyland would they spend that much space on one ride, also what would they do for it to be that long, stormtroopers never did much then hit their heads on walls or give away the shield to the base when you were sold on being a badass character in marketing
Radiator Springs Racers is pretty close to the size of Toon Town. I wouldn't call a huge attraction an impossibility.

Yeah sorry about that, when I heard a ride could be the size of an entire area of the park, it didn't seem plausible to me, but then again I know nothing on how much space is need to do something in a theme park. This idea is definitely a possibility considering we're only getting two rides, so they need something to fill the space.

Did they already announce a time frame for completion, i know there was stuff on late 2018/ early 2019, i don't know if that's official and I don't feel like looking it up.

Maybe some more concept art and small details is what I'm expecting, still excited to find out though

Did they already announce a time frame for completion, i know there was stuff on late 2018/ early 2019, i don't know if that's official and I don't feel like looking it up.

Maybe some more concept art and small details is what I'm expecting, still excited to find out though
That is not official. Thats just rumored at the moment started by MiceChat. I assume in the announcement we'll get the official name of the land, names of each attractions, and the opening date. I don't see it being any more than that.

So is the general consensus that Disneyland will receive SWL before Disney World? I feel like that would make the most sense seeing as how DW has a lot more restructuring to do than DL.

I think both parks have equally difficult tasks at hand. I predict their openings might be very close together. They both have quite a few things going for them and against them. For Disneyland, the positives are that a lot of what they will use as square footage for the new land is currently just backstage offices and space, and out of sight from the rest of the park. In the negative side, you have California's strict building codes, you have to get the new parking garage ready before the land opens, and they have to reroute the railroad and carve out, reroute, and redo an entire side of the Rivers of America, as well as demolish Big Thunder Ranch. It's still a ton of work.

For Florida, their positives are that the construction laws aren't as crazy, most of the space for the new attractions have been starting to get prepared for a while now, whether it's a few parking lots or the recently shuttered attractions. On the negative side, they have to redo much of the layout of the park, and balance construction between Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land, etc.

Crazy project anyway you look at it on both coasts. I honesty care more about the quality than how fast it gets built.

I believe it was originally said a long while ago (I believe by Robert Niles..?) that DHS may be first, but Disneyland would be soon after..now though, I am not sure.

That was back when the project was thought to demolish ToonTown. Now it's changed, and the infrastructure changes are less than they will be at DHS, and DLR is having money poured into it to get it on track ASAP.

It certainly looks like SWL will debut in Anaheim first now.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
By the way, I got to FINALLY watch Disneyland Forever in its entirety from the middle of main street a few days ago! Definitely the most immersive fireworks show I've ever seen! I still prefer Remember Dreams Come True, but the amount of work gone into "Forever" is incredible. The projections that make Main Street come alive are amazing. I only wish they'd replace the Winnie the Pooh and Jungle Book segments with Mulan (Reflection) and Hercules (Go the Distance).