Knott's Berry Farm | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We won't be getting anything over 230 ft... that's all I'll say for now... 

Well, that still rules a hyper in. 

If i'm not mistake the highest Dive Coaster is currently 223 feet. 

No...NO. You can't be serious. Please not a dive coaster. The very last thing SoCal needs is another one-trick-pony. Knotts really needs a high capacity, descent-length coaster. 

If it is a dive machine, the GP will eat it up though. "OMGGGGG ITS DA BIG SCAWEY DROP RIDE THAT GOES STRAIGHT DOWN AND DO THE LOOP!!!! YOLO!!!!!" I'd prefer a hyper, but a Eurofighter would be way better than a dive machine. C'mon.

Ugh. Please Knotts. As much as I want a Giga, I'm willing to settle for a hyper. Is it too much to ask for a descent hyper in SoCal? Goliath blows. 

Reactions: JaySalahi
I personally would not mind a dive machine as there's currently not one on the west coast. It would be a big draw for coaster fans. Eurofighter would be fine too but it wouldn't be as big of a draw.

I wouldn't mind a dive machine either, but I was hoping Six Flags would pick it up first. After all that seems to fit their clientele. I really don't want to see Knotts get it. 

A Eurofighter would be way better, but they should save it for Silver Bullet's replacement. That would be a better use of small space. 

I wouldn't mind a dive machine either, but I was hoping Six Flags would pick it up first. After all that seems to fit their clientele. I really don't want to see Knotts get it. 

A Eurofighter would be way better, but they should save it for Silver Bullet's replacement. That would be a better use of small space. 

I'd like to see a Eurofighter eventually come to Knotts as well but not to replace Silver Bullet. I think the north east (or lower right if you're looking at a park map) section of the park would make a great area (1.3 acres) to put a Eurofighter. They can easily transplant the existing kiddie rides in that area to other parts of Camp Snoopy.

154geva.jpg

ALSO, Construction walls current going up around Boomerang. I expect we'll see something announced sooner than later.

I'd like to see a Eurofighter eventually come to Knotts as well but not to replace Silver Bullet. I think the north east (or lower right if you're looking at a park map) section of the park would make a great area (1.3 acres) to put a Eurofighter. They can easily transplant the existing kiddie rides in that area to other parts of Camp Snoopy.

ALSO, Construction walls current going up around Boomerang. I expect we'll see something announced sooner than later.

I don't think they'll announce the new ride until November. They don't want to discourage people from coming this year. 

Rumors seem to be gaining traction that the new coaster won't just be in that small area. 

I don't think they'll announce the new ride until November. They don't want to discourage people from coming this year. 

The past few years Knott's has made announcements in late spring early summer for the next year's attractions. 

RMC is posting pics of track for the first ever Raptor concept coaster being constructed (but hush about where it's going). Those are designed to allow a huge amount of track in a small space. I would not count that out for Knott's as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
RMC is posting pics of track for the first ever Raptor concept coaster being constructed (but hush about where it's going). Those are designed to allow a huge amount of track in a small space. I would not count that out for Knott's as well.

With Cedar Fair being very invested with RMC for 2018...I don't see this impossible.

Hell, it'd give them something big. The worlds first Raptor coaster. That would be something that you could market.

The past few years Knott's has made announcements in late spring early summer for the next year's attractions. 

Oh snap. That would be AMAZING. I missed this post!

No Raptor track either, the capacity on those is not something KBF wants.... and not a dive coaster! So rest easy my friend. 

No Raptor track either, the capacity on those is not something KBF wants.... and not a dive coaster! So rest easy my friend. 

Polercoaster / observation tower combo to replace the defunct sky cabin....?

Holy crap that makes too much sense. Especially if it is indeed a Eurofighter. 

Real quick, I forgot to post a trip report from yesterday. I rode Sol Spin three times and I really enjoyed it. I kept thinking of Hermonie saying, "Absabotry" as the chairs went up. My first ride was pretty tame, but the last two felt far more intense. The ride was pretty short as they wanted to cycle a lot of people through. Oh well.

As I was in Ghostrider (Which was running great and was a walk-on for the front row!), I noticed them tearing down the facade for Trick Or Treat and gutting the interior. Being that they've kept it up all year, I think it's safe to say Trick or Treat is gone this year (FINALLYYYYYYY). They were doing the same to Voodoo when I walked by it. Voodoo and TrT are gone this year for haunt. 

Now back to the new coaster speculation, a traditional hyper is out, dive coaster is out (Glad to hear), no T-Rex rail....I know a Eurofighter was heavily rumored, but that is certainly lower capacity than that so....what else could it be? It's either B&M or RMC but I'm leaning towards B&M.

EDIT: Longshot here, but worlds first hyper woodie? RMC style with inversions? 

EDIT: Longshot here, but worlds first hyper woodie? RMC style with inversions? 

You can find this next year, just not at KBF, haha. 

As for an Eurofighter, the capacity would be greater than a Raptor track's, and slightly above Boomerang's. A RMC Raptor has a theoretical capacity of 600. By comparison, Boomerang was 760. Eurofighters are generally 750-1000 RPH theoretical (the stock 320+ model is 850).

Whatever they decide to put there, it would be nice if it could have more then one or two cars going at a time. Silver Bullet seems to get a decent amount of people through and the line is never very long.

Starting May 27th through September 4th, Ghost Town Alive! returns to Knott’s Berry Farm for another action-packed summer complete with bandits, cowboys, robberies, judges, a good ol’ western hoedown, and much more! Guests can visit the beloved town of Calico and experience an authentic western adventure by becoming a star in this summer’s story of the Wild West, where the power to unlock adventures is in the hands of every guest.

Ghost Town Alive (2017) Knott's Berry Farm 75th Anniversary History (2016):