Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

I don't know about a premiere line, but the main box office has moved inside.  Really, it's basically set up like an Arclight now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually there is a Premiere line, it just occurred to me it's right next to Guest Services when getting the parking rebate. 

FYI for anyone that has taken advantage of this promotion in the past.

The "Shop, Dine and Play" valet parking promotion is no longer being offered. 
This allowed guests to come to Citywalk between 11am-2pm Monday thru Friday and valet park for $2 with validation from basically any store or sit down restaurant at Citywalk.

I used this many times to grab a quick lunch at Cityfood or do some gift shopping at Citywalk during my lunch break. 

I heard this briefly mentioned by Jonathan in the latest podcast two weeks ago, but I thought I'd address it here for those wondering. 

On Snow Monster's website, our upcoming location is listed as a "Mini Monster" as opposed to a typical Snow Monster. This'll actually be SM's second Mini Monster (the first being located in the Anaheim Packing District). If that alone gives us any indication, our upcoming CityWalk shop will likely feature a more limited menu including a majority of Snow Monster's signature teas, lattes, and lemonades. The other SM locations found in Orange County sell all of these in addition to other treats like macarons, ice cream, and shaved ice. I'm assuming most/all of these won't make their way to CityWalk. Sort of a bummer - especially for a diehard Snow Monster fan like myself - but not surprising given how small Lush's footprint was. Either way, I'm glad this chain is making its way out to LA. It'll be a popular spot at CityWalk!

Thinking about it, should we just call this thread "Misc Citywalk Refurbishments"? It's just a thought, especially with Universal Citywalk Hollywood now finally geting a proper place that isn't just generic Universal, as Citywalk is beginning to shine. And, that many other major projects will begin to come up for the place, especially if LA get's the 2024 Olympics.

Thinking about it, should we just call this thread "Misc Citywalk Refurbishments"? It's just a thought, especially with Universal Citywalk Hollywood now finally geting a proper place that isn't just generic Universal, as Citywalk is beginning to shine. And, that many other major projects will begin to come up for the place, especially if LA get's the 2024 Olympics.
Let's have this title mimic the UOR one, so we get consistency.

I have no idea what's going in the old Flame Broiler spot, but I wish it could be the first (proper) Los Angles location of Raising Caine's. We seriously need to get those up in LA proper! It does list an LA location, but it's in Downey. Something more central would be great.

This is total wishful thinking on my part, but wouldn't it be a great idea?

What I find interesting, so-far; outside of Menchies and Maragritaville, it seems like that Hollywood is following a similar path as to what Orlando did, going with unknown places from their respected coasts (or popular, but not serious franchises).

Stores set to tentatively close Aug 31, may close sooner depending on clearance.

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Upstart Crow set to close at Universal CityWalk Hollywood | Inside Universal

And now it's closed..and to that I say.

giphy.gif

How reliable is the Toothsome replacing Hard Rock rumor? I mean, we know it's coming at some point...