Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Most likely because when the general public sees "3D" + "Universal Studios Hollywood" nowadays, they probably groan, roll their eyes, and say "another one?"

Trust me...it happens. I love USH but I know there's a large percentage of visitors who are tired of 3D stuff. I've been to the park with out of town tourists and while they like the park, they kept saying "it felt like we were just sitting in front of screens all day, it got old"
I don't blame them. The repetitive use of 3D glasses at USH is tiring. Personally, I don't even find it that cool anymore. Plus the 3D effect never really felt like it worked for me. It just kinda blurry and hard to focus sometimes (maybe it's just me)

Still, they should inform people that there will be 3D glasses involved. But I guess that's a given the way there rides/attractions are today.

Transformers, Kong, FJ, DMMM, and F&F...I will say this. I hope there will be a balance of more practical and Screens after FJ.
The Simpsons Ride and Shrek 4-D are simulators, as well.

I'd note that our park's simulators are not all the same, which is quite evident if you were to compare something like Simpsons or Minion Mayhem to Transformers or Forbidden Journey. The latter two are technically considered simulators since they utilize screens/projections and are simulating movement, but they still take you throughout different rooms and scenes like a traditional dark ride. The former two simulate movement as well, but they feature ride vehicles sitting in front of a large projection for the duration of the ride.

Furthermore, I'd almost consider Kong and F&F a different type of simulation. The fact that they use the Studio Tour trams as a ride vehicle differentiates them from the simulators in the park. They're closer in comparison to something like Simpsons, but not entirely the same.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
^ At first a LOT of the ride was supposed to have many animatronics that Universal bragged they were working on with Boeing or Nasa or something. Then apparently it was scaled back to just one figure at the end, to then basically zero.

I mean, the ride is still popular, but it would've been over the top incredible with animatronics. I just hope Universal gives us a ride like that eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, see all these rides as essentially the same; 3D glasses (except Simpsons), watching a movie, seat shakes or moves, water splashed on you. Each simulation has its uniqueness, sure, but you're still watching a movie. I suspect that Earthquake is next.

These attractions are popular so we'll see more of them. I wonder how many until the sameness underwhelms the audience? Maybe never.

I'm going to quote a section from the Celebrate the 50th anniversary..

"Coming summer 2015, Hold on tight for the world-famous Studio Tour's all-new grand finale, Fast & Furious - Supercharged! Ride along with the all-star cast from the hit movies on a high speed chase that exceeds 120 miles per hour and catapults you into the high-stakes underworld of fast cars and international crime cartels.

And for the first time ever, experience the new Nighttime Studio Tour as it runs select evenings with spectacular theatrical lighting and special effects used in nighttime filmmaking on the backlot."

The one thing that gets confirmed right away is that the Nighttime tours run on select nights.

Could the cgi background that was used in the fast and furios ride trailer be a scene for the actual ride itself

I'm going to take a wild guess here that the facade is supposed to look like a warehouse?
By the looks of it it's kinda looked like the facade for a Tokyo setting similar to the old fast and furious tram ride

Universal really needs to upgrade kong to 4k before fast and furios opens

Could the cgi background that was used in the fast and furios ride trailer be a scene for the actual ride itself
Most of the trailer was comprised of scenes from the films, nothing to do with the actual ride scenes.
By the looks of it it's kinda looked like the facade for a Tokyo setting similar to the old fast and furious tram ride Universal really needs to upgrade kong to 4k before fast and furios opens
Already confirmed through the press release that the ride will take place in Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to quote a section from the Celebrate the 50th anniversary..

"Coming summer 2015, Hold on tight for the world-famous Studio Tour's all-new grand finale, Fast & Furious - Supercharged! Ride along with the all-star cast from the hit movies on a high speed chase that exceeds 120 miles per hour and catapults you into the high-stakes underworld of fast cars and international crime cartels.

And for the first time ever, experience the new Nighttime Studio Tour as it runs select evenings with spectacular theatrical lighting and special effects used in nighttime filmmaking on the backlot."

The one thing that gets confirmed right away is that the Nighttime tours run on select nights.
Going to be a interesting 2015 for Universal Studios Hollywood.