Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Couldn't they just put half of the ride on one floor and build the other half on a second floor? Plus the tour trams are really long, if orlando only uses one car then it could probably fit since the 360 screens would only need to be a fraction the size than the one in Hollywood.
Then the media would be a fraction of the size, I don't think its as easy as it sounds. 

Then the media would be a fraction of the size, I don't think its as easy as it sounds.
I don't think the media will be a fraction of the size, isn't the reason the 360 screens are so long in Hollywood that they project the same media for each car on a tram? So if they cut the screen size down to accomodate only one car wouldn't the media remain the same size?

I don't think the media will be a fraction of the size, isn't the reason the 360 screens are so long in Hollywood that they project the same media for each car on a tram? So if they cut the screen size down to accomodate only one car wouldn't the media remain the same size?
No, that's not how it works. Have you been through King Kong 360 3D or seen videos of it? It's all one long seamless video that's intertwined and connected as if it's all one camera take. Just minimizing the screen wouldn't work in the way you described.

Let's first see how Supercharged looks in person and then we'll judge if it can fit in Florida or not and what steps could be taken to make it fit or for them to get a similar version. After all, it doesn't have to be a direct clone. Look at their Kong.

And again, from what I see of their layout, I think it could fit in Florida and replace a few of their buildings. Our first show building wouldn't have to be porter to Florida in its current form. You'll see what I mean when it opens.

That seems ridiculously impractical and I don't see how that makes sense story wise to have each tram car be it's own vehicle since only the front car has a drive. And since if each car is separately enclosed, that would be very claustrophobic and the way the projectors would have to be utilized is almost impossible, there wouldn't be enough space to project in front of each tram. Plus, that would defeat the purpose of the massive wrap around screen. Just seems super complicated and unnecessary. The point is for the whole tram to be in the action, not each separate tram car.

Idk...I can't picture this, sorry Jon.
Looked back because Im bored and tired. I was puzzled about this, and then I realized something that would make sense story-wise. I don't know anything story-wise about the ride as what I'm about to say is pure speculation. This may be a potential ride spoiler:What if the screen-dropping effect occurs when the tram simulates passes through a dark tunnel? After the tram "gets out" of the tunnel, we would find a screen in front of and behind the tram car we may be in showing each individual tram car being towed away or blown up. After that one of the tow trucks will drive us away putting us in the middle of a personal fight between Vin Desil and some other guy.

Again, pure speculation, but if they were able to pull that off, that would make this Uni's magnum opus of special effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
SPOILER: I went to go watch furious 7 during the weekend. Part of the movie took place in a warehouse where they meet Kurt russels character. This is the place where they modify the cars for heavey explosions and gun fghts. Could it the be same place where the tram gets an upgrade like the cars did in the movie as part of the ride?

I would look for the "screen-dropping effect" to be utilized elsewhere.
Freak, William is pretty much correct. The comment of mine you quoted was from when I misinterpreted Jon's post and what he was referring to.

There actually will be a screen separation type system implemented but for a very practical and simple reason and just in one part. No spoilers, so you'll see when it opens.

I don't believe there will be any screen dropping effects that the guests will see from the tram vehicle.  The Musion room will have individual screens to show the same performance for each tram car.  Curtains (or walls) will separate the individual screens from the other tram cars.  Musion requires a narrow field of view to work properly and therefore the effects loses its quality if it were in one large room.

There is a lot of speculation with this attraction at the moment and I feel that many elements, although true, are getting mixed up and over processed.  I feel that we should think a little more practical and everything will map out more simplistic.  However, I have been wrong before!!!   :)

My guess would be that there are no practical effects in the large room similar to Kong 360. 

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I don't believe there will be any screen dropping effects that the guests will see from the tram vehicle. The Musion room will have individual screens to show the same performance for each tram car. Curtains (or walls) will separate the individual screens from the other tram cars. Musion requires a narrow field of view to work properly and therefore the effects loses its quality if it were in one large room.

There is a lot of speculation with this attraction at the moment and I feel that many elements, although true, are getting mixed up and over processed. I feel that we should think a little more practical and everything will map out more simplistic. However, I have been wrong before!!! :)

My guess would be that there are no practical effects in the large room similar to Kong 360.
:D *thumbs-up*

I can't wait to go my first time. There's nothing as amazing as doing an attraction for the first time and going in fresh!

Reactions: 12th Man
from what I've been hearing is that the first room will be all practical effects and the last room will be king kong 360 but with a screen that comes down from the front of the tram. the middle building they're really keeping hush hush. It's probably something groundbreaking that will make the tour animation unique and stand out from the rest.

Reactions: Alexshow.
^ I totally agree, but remember,

Kong: tunnel, dome

F&F: tunnel, musion, dome, outdoor scene

Superchagered will have much more, but if we don't get any physical props or show action in the dome, that will be disappointing.

^ I totally agree, but remember,

Kong: tunnel, dome

F&F: tunnel, musion, dome, outdoor scene

Superchagered will have much more, but if we don't get any physical props or show action in the dome, that will be disappointing.

Outdoor scene?     Are you referring to the shipping containers that line both sides of the tram as you exit the main show building?

I

IMG_1811.JPG

i think those containers are put of the animation because how it is perfectly fitted into place on the concrete