Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll reserve my judgment regarding the club scene when I see it in person.

As for future previews, I registered for Sunday and haven't seen any email about postponing for that day. Hope it's open, but if not, whatever. At this point, I just want the attraction to be good.

As for wanting my younglings seeing the "oh no, I see sexy people" scene... its more like, I don't want ANYONE I know to see this craptastic attraction :p lol Speaking of not wanting anyone I know experiencing this attraction, funny thing is... Orlando is supposed to get this as a replacement for "Disaster" (aka-Earthquake).

I'm not surprised that Universal is considering redoing the attraction. I mean really, they need to. It isn't fun, it isn't coherent, & it doesn't fit the studio tour in its current form. It will be interesting to see what happens in the near future, specifically after the busy summer. They need to think simple for this attraction if they actually plan to redo it.

As for wanting my younglings seeing the "oh no, I see sexy people" scene... its more like, I don't want ANYONE I know to see this craptastic attraction :p lol Speaking of not wanting anyone I know experiencing this attraction, funny thing is... Orlando is supposed to get this as a replacement for "Disaster" (aka-Earthquake).

I'm not surprised that Universal is considering redoing the attraction. I mean really, they need to. It isn't fun, it isn't coherent, & it doesn't fit the studio tour in its current form. It will be interesting to see what happens in the near future, specifically after the busy summer. They need to think simple for this attraction if they actually plan to redo it.
Yeah, that makes sense Orlando is getting it. The latest movie reached over a billion, and Disaster is living on borrowed time with how old it is. To anyone complaining about the length, Disaster goes through a tunnel, shakes you up for two minutes, and then takes you back. At least the format allows for a longer experience.

Well, from the video, I didn't hate it quite as much as you all did from what I saw in the video, but I'm all for a total redo of everything. If this ride has to be good enough to be advertised as such, and to stand on it own out East, they NEED to make a lot of improvements. They'll have an advantage since the structure is already there, the rooms are done and the systems are already in place. All they have to do is reshoot the film segments and add effects. They should be able to do wonders with the improvements since they should earn a lot of money over the Summer.

If this re-do rumor comes to fruition, Ill be happy to see the version we should have gotten.

Reactions: Wesker69
Hmm, with this rumored retooling will the attraction's grand opening be postponed? They've been promoting this "RIDE" heavily from billboards to radio contests, up the wazoo. I'm curious as to why technical rehearsals have been so short for F&F. I recall Transformers being in operation long before the opening date. Did UC really think they had a bonafide hit on their hands, thus negating a proper test and adjust window?

It's not being cancelled or closed until at least the end of summer. Universal is going to live with it now.

As for the issue with the scantily-clad women... couldn't they just keep them covered up a bit more? Even with their midriffs not exposed and their shorts just a tad bit longer, surely it would get across the same idea without being as trashy/potentially offensive. I'm not saying Universal should be censored, I'm just saying that there is a way to tone it down and make it a bit more discreet.

I listened to the podcast and Chris made such a strong point that if this is directed towards FANS of the franchise, then aren't they expecting basically a roller coaster anyways? Sorry it just doesn't make sense to me. Even the marketing is aware that Universal just made the wrong sort of attraction for this, but they still need to get the people's in.

Sorry, but the type of typical fan for F&F is the kind who goes to Six Flags, rides a fast coaster and then says how awesome it was after using a series of swear words. Note that I am not putting down anybody here that enjoys the franchise, nor anybody on the editing team. But you are an outlier. A F&F fan who is also a theme park fan.

The rest? I just don't think this is the attraction they're expecting. Ultimately in that respect, in my eyes Supercharged is pointless. People will get a thrill out of it, but the real question is WHO is this attraction for? I quite haven't figured that out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the issue with the scantily-clad women... couldn't they just keep them covered up a bit more? Even with their midriffs not exposed and their shorts just a tad bit longer, surely it would get across the same idea without being as trashy/potentially offensive. I'm not saying Universal should be censored, I'm just saying that there is a way to tone it down and make it more discreet.
Ugh.... I feel like the world is taking a step 50+ years back into the past... Even Disney has no issue with having people in similar clothing in their movies & tv shows. And honestly, what you're seeing in this attraction IS "toned down" compared to the movies themselves. I feel like some of you are living in the dark times because this features girls showing some skin, the same amount you see in the park or anywhere else for that matter (actually they're probably wearing more than the general public). It isn't going to kill anyone to see some girls stomach/legs (even the cultures that consider this a no-no see it in movies. so they're used to it). Even the dancing isn't anything "sexy", "raunchy" or "vulgar", its your typical dance/club/rave/party style dancing. I think some of you are really blowing this 10-15sec scene out of proportion. Its not like this an American Pie attraction featuring sex!

Do we really need to censor everything?

Reactions: Stylowtrix
Ugh.... I feel like the world is taking a step 50+ years back into the past... Even Disney has no issue with having people in similar clothing in their movies & tv shows. And honestly, what you're seeing in this attraction IS "toned down" compared to the movies themselves. I feel like some of you are living in the dark times because this features girls showing some skin, the same amount you see in the park or anywhere else for that matter (actually they're probably wearing more than the general public). It isn't going to kill anyone to see some girls stomach/legs (even the cultures that consider this a no-no see it in movies. so they're used to it). Even the dancing isn't anything "sexy", "raunchy" or "vulgar", its your typical dance/club/rave/party style dancing. I think some of you are really blowing this 10-15sec scene out of proportion. Its not like this an American Pie attraction featuring sex!

Do we really need to censor everything?
Okay, but that's a movie. A film that people have the choice to view. 

There's that option with a theme park, in fact for a long time T2:3D had a disclaimer about its violence. Disney's own "Making of Me" show at the old Wonders of Life had a disclaimer for parental discretion. (So did Creature from the Black Lagoon as well, I believe) HHN has mutliple disclaimers, although that doesn't stop idiotic controversy.

But we're talking about the Studio Tour here, not Fast and Furious Supercharged. The Studio Tour is an attraction that, while warnings are there for guests with disabilities and pregnant women, there is no height requirement. It's a tour that was originally designed, and still is in its greater whole, to show off the Universal backlot where film and TV is filmed. You see real sets, real facades, real Hollywood history, and some thrilling things happen but it's all in good fun. The tour is, by far, the most family accessible attraction and also is still the centerpiece of USH.

I don't think Universal should censor everything... I even don't mind the Rock saying the word "hell". It adds to the humor of the attraction and I think it's a little ridiculous to be upset over that. IMO, hell is in a way not really a curse word. Even religious families have their kids attend Sunday School... and they hear that word way more than you'd think. If they said "goddamn", okay, I'd think that was a bit much.

Yet with the dancing girls issue, I see people arguing against it and I just think that Universal didn't have to go that far to put in a representation of that. You can come across the exact same idea without it going that far. It's just a devil's adovcate thing, because you're not going to prevent people from getting upset, but you can come to a compromise. If you just ever so slightly dress up the girls to just reveal a tad bit less skin and people are still complaining, okay they're from the 1950's and need to relax. It's just a fine, fine line. In this case, I think Universal could've had their cake and ate it to if they didn't go full out. It's not the end of the world, but that's just how I see it. The Studio Tour is the centerpiece of the park, and that demands a bit more discretion.

There isn't anything more revealing in the dance scene than what you'd see at the beach. If we are talking about "protecting the children", seeing girls in club wear isn't going to hurt any child. On the other hand, seeing death and destruction can potentially be more traumatizing since younger children can't differentiate between reality and make believe, but that where parenting comes in. When kids see something like Marilyn Monroe's dress being blown up (as in the new nighttime tour) they think it is funny because her underwear is showing; they're not thinking about sex at all.

As for the issue with the scantily-clad women... couldn't they just keep them covered up a bit more? Even with their midriffs not exposed and their shorts just a tad bit longer, surely it would get across the same idea without being as trashy/potentially offensive. I'm not saying Universal should be censored, I'm just saying that there is a way to tone it down and make it a bit more discreet....

...You see real sets, real facades, real Hollywood history, and some thrilling things happen but it's all in good fun.
There have been clips of beach scenes (with women wearing swimsuits... gasp!) playing on the tram for years.  I can't wrap my head around why this scene is considered "trashy/potentially offensive."  The dancers aren't "grinding" or making sexually explicit gestures... they're literally just standing there dancing.  Can someone please spell out to me why this scene is "trashy/potentially offensive?"

Are we saying that the "thrill" of watching a death occur is "good fun," but the "thrill" of anything remotely sexual is not?

Reactions: Wesker69
Believe me, as a huge fan of looking at scantily clad women, I'm not complaining about it personally. But as an aunt and godmother, I can understand why some parents would not want their kids seeing it in a theme park attraction.

As I stated before, the moments of violence (Jaws, Psycho) are handled rather discretely all things considered. Sexy girls can still be sexy without asscheek hanging out of skirts. That I do have a problem with in a theme park attraction.

That said, you are of course all entitled to your opinions on the morality or lack thereof and the sensitivity towards it in society. That does not mean you should attack other people for being more modest in their preferences.

So in short, keep it civil so we don't have to delete posts and let's just all get along and agree to disagree.

Reactions: William and Aaron
So does this mean I can't wear booty shorts & pasties to the grand opening? :p

Speaking of the grand opening,.... while they say it is now the 24th, I wonder if they'll do their big explosive action-packed opening ceremony on the 24th or the 23rd. I know when it came to Transformers, they had their big grand opening event on the 24th, BUT they celebrate the opening as the 25th (yea, makes no sense, but whatever, this is the same park that is celebrating their 50th a year late just to compete with Disneyland's 60th). I don't remember if Despicable Me was treated the same way.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go next week for the opening, but I've got a "Shark Week" taping that day too. Grrr.. Anyone else planning on going to Universal the 24th or do we think they might have all the hoopla on the 23rd?

Monday and Tuesday are my last opportunities to get to the park before my pass expires. Which of those two days would give me the better chance of seeing Supercharged?

So i'm taking a look on Furious (which the IU youtube channel has a new video of the ride), and looking back at the original behind the scenes video for this..somewhere in-between the testing occurred; they had to cut the physical effects in the 360 theatre. It also seems that the original was supposed to be longer, with a more expanded Overpass scene. I have a feeling that they've been at Defcon II ever since May and that's not exactly good.

Reactions: raffman
So i'm taking a look on Furious (which the IU youtube channel has a new video of the ride), and looking back at the original behind the scenes video for this..somewhere in-between the testing occurred; they had to cut the physical effects in the 360 theatre. It also seems that the original was supposed to be longer, with a more expanded Overpass scene. I have a feeling that they've been at Defcon II ever since May and that's not exactly good.
What exactly is Defcon II? I hear a lot of talk about it and I have no idea what this is in reference to. I really hope if this revision happens they find the workarounds for the practical effects.

Here you go Freak. Its basically a military term that means "uh oh"..

nVXBLpV.jpg

. So there is video of them testing physical events? Could the new "revision " add the expanded version?