House of Horrors Replacement | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While there isn't any noticeable progress being made yet, I did take a picture of a view that would've previously been unimaginable. Now that the bustling main entrance pathway is missing a chunk, you can clearly see the hills behind it. Just something cool I thought I'd point out:

16629450315_65fcc3e1e8_z.jpg

That hill along the gray sky reminds me of the opening credits scene in American Werewolf in London. I can hear the wind howling and Bobby Vinton singing Blue Moon while looking at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TCox91
No. Expect Retail/Dining/Entertainment. Its been sorta confirmed for a Universal studios store expansion and a lot of people are hoping the NBCUniversal Experience (Or as John Murdy calls it; The Universal Experience) to move and become the Entertainment part.

So....you're suggesting they wiped out an entire attraction, in an area where they're trying to create a unifying clean Art Deco theme, with an out of place random SpongeBob store....right across from Cartooniversal which prominently features SpongeBob inside AND on the marquee?

*sigh*

No.....lol

I think with him being new to the forums, we should give him the benefit of the doubt without any sighing.

No, Spongebob Storepants is something that is not necessarily going to come to the Hollywood park.

Being new doesn't mean someone can't read previous threads about the topic ;) Either way, I didn't mean my post in a vile way, I thought the OP's original comment was more amusing than anything. I'd appreciate if you of all people didn't recommend what and how I post, considering the irony in that is too intense lol. ;)

As for the OP, no buddy, no SpongeBob store, especially in this location. Although honestly, I'd love to see a Bikini Bottom land in Hollywood or Florida! SpongeBob is a colorful, popular, universally loved and timeless property, and the world of SpongeBob really lends itself wonderfully to a theme park and is unfortunately under represented. Look how great the SpongeBob store is in Florida. I'd love to see something like that here :)

I think with him being new to the forums, we should give him the benefit of the doubt without any sighing.
Yes, let's all be respectful please. Inform, but don't mock. That's our job. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres this secret project that John has been working on, There has been also a meeting on this project which revolves some very technical objects...Could he be apart of the Development of the HOH replacement?

Reactions: raffman
If john murdy is working on something it could be a horror themed exhibit if the universal experience comes to the former HOH location but it could be a horror themed experience as I said before since murdy is working on this project he

It isn't going to be horror. It does seem he will be doing something for this project due to Universals rich history of film (including horror but it won't be as relevant).

It's going to be a ride. He discussed hourly capacity and physics so that should tell you something right there. Also, it should be going somewhere else since we know the HoH space is going to be for rood and retail.

Reactions: Aaron
Yeah, it seems like he hinted that it would be a ride. Although technically speaking, every non-ride attraction, such as mazes and shows, has an "hourly capacity" as well. And I'm with Freak, this would be going elsewhere on the property, whatever it may be, as Universal has already announced what HoH's replacement will essentially be.

He's also working on an update to the Universal Experience he mentioned (voice over only).

Reactions: Alexshow.
I'd absolutely love that man. I've said even before the Soundstage was removed that Universal needs to create a fantastic Universal Monsters ride. Lots of reasons to do it.

#1 Satisfies horror fans' appetite.

#2 It's a ride, something the park needs, and is more "inclusive" for those that have an issue with walk-through mazes.

#3 Honors Universal's horror legacy.