House of Horrors Replacement | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm afraid in typical USH fashion... they most likely will design five mazes and count the new year round as our sixth maze. I would absolutely be blown away if we got the year round and six new mazes. Most likely better discussion in the HHN thread but I also question if the event isn't growing it's number of mazes/shows like Orlando because of the creative team being so much smaller or if the building codes etc are so much more extensive that the costs are higher to produce the event.
I have almost certainty that it will be counted as a house, as I think 6 will be for that year. But, that should be for another thread, and not this one.

That being said, I am very interested to know when TWD will open, whether its during March for some of the Spring Break crowds or around Potters opening. But, that all depends on if they announce the experience soon, which I do think that the house will get announced, the question is when.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea on if after this project they'll tear down the buildings that face this (the ones on the right side of the main road, with Cartooniversal) and make similar facades to complete the "main street"?

Any idea on if after this project they'll tear down the buildings that face this (the ones on the right side of the main road, with Cartooniversal) and make similar facades to complete the "main street"?
From what I've heard and what other forum users have mentioned, Cartooniversal should be leaving. Not sure about Hollywood Grill and Feature Presentation but I'd imagine they will keep the Spanish motif exteriors. 

I've heard two things from different sources. One source in Operations and one in Merchandise. Both were very different, lol. One said it would become the Hello Kitty location that was announced awhile back. Apparently they have already tested Hello Kitty merchandise in the current Cartoon store, they were pleased with the results. The second thing I heard was that New York street would be expanded with a theater facade located near/attached to the current emergency exits of Shrek. The theater facade would be the entrance for the Race through New York attraction that Orlando will be opening. Following the Potter rush, will be interesting to see what will happen with Shrek, I truly believe it will be gone first chance they get.

From what I've heard and what other forum users have mentioned, Cartooniversal should be leaving. Not sure about Hollywood Grill and Feature Presentation but I'd imagine they will keep the Spanish motif exteriors.
Hollywood Grill from what I'm hearing will become "Hollywood and Dine" a grab and go food option.

The second thing I heard was that New York street would be expanded with a theater facade located near/attached to the current emergency exits of Shrek. The theater facade would be the entrance for the Race through New York attraction that Orlando will be opening. Following the Potter rush, will be interesting to see what will happen with Shrek, I truly believe it will be gone first chance they get.
..Well, this is interesting..

#1 Kinda tired of the Grab 'n Go options. There's already so many, and the Theatre Cafe is barely open sometimes, even during a busy week! I'd like some more proper food options in the park. Hell, would be cool if Hollywood Grill would be demolished and made into a two story "Hollywood and Dine" restaurant with more high end food and a second level open terrace. Not as fancy as something like Carthay Circle, but definitely higher quality than everything else currently offered.

As for Race Through NY replacing Shrek, it would definitely "fit" but I'd rather not see that, unless that's the best use of the space that's available. I'd rather see a small dark ride in that space.

However, I've said for a while that it I was in charge, I'd demolish the Castle Theatre and put in a ride in that location, and maybe even combined with AA.

As for Shrek, I'd make it become the park's flex space + attraction. It'd be designed to have an ornate NY Broadway Theatre facade, with an enclosed lobby + queue + merchandise where the current outdoor Shrek queue is. As for the inside, I'd have it be a relocated SES or even better yet something like Singapore's Lights Camera Action show, or a combo of both. The first half of the show would be similar to SES right now, and then the finale would be a full run through of a special effects scene.

If need be, the space could be used as a flex space for seasonal shows or events since the facade and interior will look like a theatre (Halloween Horror Nights show, movie screening, or use it to house a Grinchmas show). For non-show events, the seating could be removed, and it could essentially replace the Globe Theatre for private events, and in the process open up the Globe Theatre for a new attraction.

Scaffolding is now down in front of this small storefront.  Looking good.

HollywoodDine_010316_1.jpg

I have heard enough confirmation that Cartooniversal is about to see its final summer. Details on its replacement are still being cosidered. Needless to say, this street will remain very tiny for Potter opening year.

And now back to our regularly scheduled HoH's replacement....

I heard a very interesting rumor tonight that I'm taking with a huge grain of salt because its too good to be true. Have you wondered why the Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy) have been doing photo-ops by that corner of the new building next to the Universal Plaza tower?... Well supposedly, we are going to be getting our own "Classic Monster Café" like Orlando. :blink:  ​ :wacko: :unsure:  ​I find this highly unlikely to happen, but at the same time, it would be great. Anyway, figured you'd all want to hear this crazy rumor even if it seems a little farfetched.

I'm hearing that apparently the small gap between the HoH Replacement and Baker street buildings will be filled by an over fill queue line. Guess this can only add to the speculation of TWD coming full time.

What is the general consensus on year round mazes? I think it kind of ruins the spectacle of HHN if there's always a maze open. I'd rather the area be used as something else.

Also, I've heard the same fate about Cartooniversal. The new building will absorb what Cartoon is right now, with the current space being remodeled into a Hello Kitty store.

What is the general consensus on year round mazes? I think it kind of ruins the spectacle of HHN if there's always a maze open. I'd rather the area be used as something else.

Also, I've heard the same fate about Cartooniversal. The new building will absorb what Cartoon is right now, with the current space being remodeled into a Hello Kitty store.
I personally loved the House of Horrors. It gave me my horror fix year-round. I'm glad I will be able to have that again sometime this year. :)

Is that overflow gap between Baker Street and this building large enough to serve as a venue for future HNN's?

I personally Don't think TWD Is coming to USH as a full Time Attraction I personally think This is Just a speculation that HoH is returning in a different format If you look On Parks and Cons Instagram You can See the monsters characters In the park changed to black and white Maybe that's a clue