House of Horrors Replacement | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So can we will expect the attraction aspect to the venue to be a Walking Dead maze? Do we think that would open up with the rest of the building?
From what little can be seen, the entertainment side looks further behind than the rest of the building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mratigan
I took a survey a couple days ago at the park and I was asked how familiar I was with the walking dead. I'm expecting that to be the walkthrough and I expect that to premier in late sept for HHN.

Reactions: Aaron
Very nice details still getting added.  And more trees.

HollywoodDine_012916_1.jpg

HollywoodDine_012916_2.jpg
HollywoodDine_012916_3.jpg
HollywoodDine_012916_4.jpg
HollywoodDine_012916_5.jpg
HollywoodDine_012916_6.jpg
HollywoodDine_012916_7.jpg

The façade in the 3rd pic is probably my favorite. It just looks so nice & grand.

Well poop... the one façade is all pastel & beachy colored again... that color scheme really does not go with the way the rest of the building exterior is being painted haha.

Got news that the new entertainment/ dining venue would be ready mid-March/ early April with the attraction/ maze going inside not opening until September (appropriate to assume it's for HHN). 

Reactions: William and Aaron
Once the outside facades are done, will they at least take down the construction walls while they work on the inside? To open up the pathways.

I'm wondering....could the "entertainment/maze" space not be done until September because they planning on making it a flex space for different mazes? Maybe they'll keep the space general enough that they can easily switch out The Walking Dead for other IPs or for other uses? I personally think that would be very smart.

Reactions: chris.g and Aaron
Considering how easily offended guests get during HHN.... I'm sure someone would complain about there being a Resident Evil attraction in a "family" park. (of course if TWD happens, I am sure that will be fine... even though RE has been around longer). 

And as for whether or not an interactive Resident Evil attraction would work here or not, I don't see why it wouldn't. Its is pretty much just HoH laser tag, only with zombies & other Umbrella Corp monsters. I am sure they would have to make some minor tweaks here/there for USH operations, but yea.. it could probably work.

I actually meant an interactive attraction similar to RE but necessarily with the I.P itself haha. But yea USH seems to cater to a family audience now which comes with people who are very sensitive to what their children are exposed to. They have every right to be so that's why I was curious if a more intense attraction like TWD, interactive or not, could work in our park. 

I actually meant an interactive attraction similar to RE but necessarily with the I.P itself haha. But yea USH seems to cater to a family audience now which comes with people who are very sensitive to what their children are exposed to. They have every right to be so that's why I was curious if a more intense attraction like TWD, interactive or not, could work in our park.
Well, as long as they don't have a bloody zombie with his brains oozing out in front of the attraction, I think it'll be fine. They can also read the warning signs that will help make parents give proper judgement as to what their kids will be exposed to. Theme park history has shown that ALWAYS works. ;)

I'd love to see an interactive experience like Biohazard: The Real in Japan. The entertainment section is big enough but would an attraction like that work here at USH? 
I watched videos of that on YouTube and am all for it, but I fear for the operational nightmares that will likely occur during Horror Nights. They can't put as many guests through per hour as a normal maze could. Reservation/Return Time system would be an absolute must. The potential of this has me feeling more welcoming towards Walking Dead sticking around year long. 

I watched videos of that on YouTube and am all for it, but I fear for the operational nightmares that will likely occur during Horror Nights. They can't put as many guests through per hour as a normal maze could. Reservation/Return Time system would be an absolute must. The potential of this has me feeling more welcoming towards Walking Dead sticking around year long. 
I agree, if TWD came to the park in this form I would be more than okay with it but yea logistically it would be a nightmare for HHN. The line for Special Ops: Infected at Knotts was always backed up like crazy!

I guess I jumped to conclusions too soon because this paint scheme looks very nice. I guess that's how buildings are painted - in multiple layers?

In that last photo it looks like they are using pink primer in some areas of the façade. Anyone know the difference between using Pink primer and regular white primer?

Reactions: BernardMesa