Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i also wish that they would just leave the coaster part ''pitch black'' but the n again its projections of realistic looking mummies sounds way better then neon card board cut outs that randomly star flashing at you.As for the que it will probably get new improvements if they decide to change up the story to match the story of the ''New Mummy'' film.

I also would love to see the coaster portion be ''pitch black'' but prejections of real like looking mummies that truly look like there swing at you sounds so much better then simple neon card board cut outs that blink and flash randomlly at you.As for the que i think that if they decide to change the story to be more like the ''new mummy'' film it will see some small additions but dont expect much.

the mummies that were suppose to ''drop onto the car'' are actually in the ride however they drop on the two sides of the car instead of over the car which i wish they would consider making them ''drop on us'' which would be amazing.I also want the original ending back since i never got to see since i was living in london for a couple of years and i never got to see it but i heard it was awesome!!!

that definitely would be amazing i personally think that are mummy is better then orlandos mainly because the coaster portion is longer but orlandos mummy definitely has the better special effects and dark ride portions.I honestly wish we could have both a amazing dark ride and a amazing coaster portion.

When they do the projection bug effect on Indiana Jones it looks realistic. However, when they do a similar trick in the beetle room in the Mummy it looks fake. I am hoping the upgraded projections in the beetle room help to sell the illusion better.

i assume it will look more realistic since that wall in the beetle room (which by the way is actually a projection screen) will most likely start projecting in 4k (if the upgrade ever happens of course) which i believe could make it look better then indy however the reason why the bug effect on indy looks better is mainly because it does not use a projection screen the bugs are basically being projected on a real wall were as in the mummy they use a projection screen.

The problem with all the projections in the Mummy (besides being low resolution) is that they all feature very ancient looking CGI of Imhotep and the beetles. 4K + brand new CGI rendering + projection mapping + new effects and projections during coaster segment + new ending are all the basic things the ride needs to be up to date and be impressive. Also not that much money....Disney has been updating Indiana Jones little by little, and the results are magnificent.

Imhotep had lots of supernatural powers in the films. Projection mapping can make a lot of those a reality.

Just curious what was the original ending like? i never got to experience it.
It was actually pretty good. You'd have the projection that Ryan motioned towards in the video alongside a stack of faux flames. It was a pretty nifty effect.

And why did they cut out the original ending again? That sounds awesome and not confusing. Haha.
I've heard they were having trouble with the projection playback system, but I haven't been able to track down a reliable cause.

I've heard they were having trouble with the projection playback system, but I haven't been able to track down a reliable cause.
If geez, if that's the only problem they had with the ride, they could easily fix that if they make those upgrades. I would have imagined that the consistency of the steam effect would have been a bigger issue.

I couldn't find the video on youtube, but here is a better video I uploaded to drop box showing the old ending.  You can clearly see the fake fire in this video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u64jbk96cc80ql9/Revenge%20of%20The%20Mummy%20Old%20Ending.mp4

It was really impressive (the fire) in person. All that was needed was heat and it would be completely convincing.
Yeah I miss that old ending. As a matter of fact, I think they DID use some heat effects! It was very rare to experience it though as it was short-lived.

That's what I always heard. Problems with the projections and playback system. One of the apparent issues was that the 2004 era hard drives they uses to store the projections for the final scene would constantly fail because of the vibrations of the building or something.

With today's technology, they could do WONDERS with recreating and updating the ending to how it used to be but better.

That's what I always heard. Problems with the projections and playback system. One of the apparent issues was that the 2004 era hard drives they uses to store the projections for the final scene would constantly fail because of the vibrations of the building or something.

With today's technology, they could do WONDERS with recreating and updating the ending to how it used to be but better.
They could use a solid state drive. Faster speeds and it doesn't need a needle like a conventional hard drive.