Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never knew Mummy had a different ending that looked so incredible... who the hell ordered it to be changed??? and why hasn't anyone done anything to restore this ride to its former glory?

Reactions: Imdbman
I never knew Mummy had a different ending that looked so incredible... who the hell ordered it to be changed??? and why hasn't anyone done anything to restore this ride to its former glory?
Lower Lot was recently attended to (though the attractions themselves weren't altered very much, if at all). The focus is on the Upper Lot and Studio Tour for now. I wouldn't expect any major Lower Lot changes until much further down the road.

I remember when the Mummy first opened, they had a far more solid ending.  The many times I had ridden it in the past, I was always so tempted to do it again!  When I went to Universal this Friday, the Mummy was a pretty bad show and definitely chose not to re-ride it again.  None of the animatronics were working and the end seemed to also be malfunctioning a bit.  I have a bad feeling this could go within the next couple of years :/

New poster here!

I've been going to USH since summer 2014. For now, I have not encountered any major problems with the ride. The only problems I encountered was the music not working, and the projector for the beetles not working. Other than that, it's smooth sailing. 

I do have a way they could change the ride though. Make it a transformers type ride(half-simulator, half-roller coaster). It would also allow the creative team more room because they could make the ride longer or faster than it is going. 

They should also upgrade the show building to a 2nd story. Again, allowing the creative team more room to roam. 

Whatcha guys think?

Welcome to the forums! The problems you said you've experienced are pretty common, and they're the only issues I've personally experienced these past few months.

If they were to add simulator elements to the ride, that would make it very similar to Escape from Gringotts over in USF. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but I'd personally like to see a better coaster experience rather than a modernized take on the attraction.

Welcome to the forums! The problems you said you've experienced are pretty common, and they're the only issues I've personally experienced these past few months.

If they were to add simulator elements to the ride, that would make it very similar to Escape from Gringotts over in USF. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but I'd personally like to see a better coaster experience rather than a modernized take on the attraction.
I agree, like I've been saying, the park desperately needs a good rollercoaster.

Thanks!! I've never riden on Gringotts being a SoCal child that has never been to Orlando. I heard it was very well done though and I await the opputunity to ride it. 

I have pondered on the possibility for USH to build underground. When Space Mountain was first built in Disneyland, it was built partially underground to keep the castle in view. I'm thinking they could do the same thing. It would allow for steeper drops and better turns. They can always pour concrete again and restore the foundation when needed. 

In a fantasy world we get back the original ending, but somehow someway its positioned 12 feet higher in the building so after it turn forward again it could have a nice finale drop track element. 
The new ending has a scary feel for a first-time rider like me back then. It actually works well because the rider doesn't know what's gonna happen. They just have to make something after-something that can scare the riders without moving the car. I like your idea of the dropping track, but that would only happen if

A) Universal builds underground

or

B) They build that part of the building 12 feet high

What was the original ending like by the way? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JaySalahi
^ lol that website looks like it had a lovely budget...........lol.

Probably just a standard little refurbishment.

Reactions: Aaron

LOL probably a budget of $0... But I can confirm this because, I am in fact the owner of that site :p . Pretty barebones rn.