Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

HTF originally said that Mummy would of been refurbished this year to tie into the new film but since the film got pushed back, that's all up in the air. 
Wait, that was actually supposed to happen? The way HTF typed his post made made it seem like it was just his wild guess of what could happen.

I saw that video Already. I really don't know what the hold up is with the refurbishment. Is it that hard to bring back the original ending? I mean with ssd technology, it wouldnt cost them more than 500 bucks. Comcast is willing to invest in the parks; its just that management at universal has to get better.

Does anyone know the future of the the mummy ride how many years until it has to go away I see it changing into a different theme if they do have a new movie the hole ride needs to be changed imohteps voice the storyline

We need to watch the success of the new Mummy film to see if its going to stay and get redone or leave in the next five years, in my personal opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing them demo that entire complex for a lagoon/night-time show. It doesn't have to be huge, just keep people busy an hour before park close.
I think that is not a good idea universal already has three lagoons jurasic park waterworld and jaws and the park needs one thrilling rollercoaster hippogriff coaster is only a kiddie ride

Last edited by a moderator:
I would absolutely be for demolishing the ride and making the building larger, taller, wider and overall a more grand coaster experience.

And if that's too out of budget, then just extensively upgrade the existing ride with amazing effects. Make it so that what it lacks in ride time, it makes up for it in an overload of dazzling state of the art effects.

Add better animatronics and projection mapping in the first dark ride scenes, add some "fire" fog blasts into the air in the treasure room to mimic the fire blasts in the Orlando treasure room, improve the graphics of Ihmotep with a less cartoony sand face, and heck, steal a page out of the new Mara effect in Indiana Jones and have a giant physical sarcophagus face transform into a 3D mapped Ihmotep face, maybe add some "falling treasure" effects (physical or projected) when Ihmotep gets mad, obviously update the scarab beatle projections to be less cartoony, and add projections of Mummies chasing the vehicles similar to the projection effects in Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, add some cool fog blasts DURING the coaster segment like in Orlando, make the interior of the coaster Soundstage look more like we're riding through a temple or rocky tomb, etc, and create an absolutely spectacular new "explosive" version of the original ending, similar to the project mapped fog explosion on Big Thunder, as well as using a new 4K projection on the mini dome in the final room and have a cool new eclipse finale.

That way, even if it's short, it will make the guests want to ride it time after time to experience the really cool effects.

if USH decides to make the building taller and dig a little underground they should have a drop sequence. So when you "hit" the wall the wall "cracks". The car shakes and you fall ( just like the Tower of Terror ). Then they can put imhotep's famous "death is only the beginning!" and accelerate the car backwards at 45 miles per hour.

I don't see how they could make modifications to the ride when the existing version is already crammed in there to take as much advantage of the space as possible. Would they be willing to reduce the coaster portion to add more dark ride? I guess that's possible.

I mean, it's a decent coaster for what it is, but it has never been spectacular - even when it opened. And the revised ending certainly doesn't help its case.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any major changes anytime soon. I'd wager that, even leading up to and possibly after Potter, the ride will still prove to be lackluster and Universal will still falsely advertise it. Sad reality, but it's kind of the forgotten child amongst the other rides the park has to offer.