HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The thing I'm not getting is this... Looking at all the Ips they all seem very legit with Shared IPs (Announced: "The Exorcist", "Halloween Hell Comes To Haddonfield" Rumored: "Krampus", "American Horror Story") and the Exclusive IPs (Rumored: "Freddy Vs Jason). If "Freddy Vs Jason" is our next announcement (being next week) then what maze that is exclusive will be announced at Scarela? If this rumor is true and that "The Texa Chainsaw Massacre" is coming to event instead of "The Conjuring" then the Scarela Maze announcement will be very weird. They probably won't announce any scare zones or just the Terror Tram at Scarela. So if everything else other than "Freddy Vs Jason" is a shared IP than the Scarela Maze announcement will be weird and ask questions like "Why didn't they announce earlier this year when Orlando announced their maze". People are going to notice and unless they pull June 21st announcement and talk about everything that they have announced so far or announce new logo I just don't see "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" coming this year. Unless the IP they will be announced at Scarela that isn't a shared IP and is a different exclusive that we don't know of that isn't "The Conjuring" or it could "The Conjuring".

While I would agree that it may not make sense on the Terror Tram being possibly announced for either ScareLA or Mid Summer Scream; it does make sense in one particular field, whoever John has working with him.

Much like Halloween, they had Malek Akkad up, and they also had when Insidious was having Jason Blum come up. They could do something similar, but more with whoever is involved with Murdy and Chris this year for the Terror Tram; as it seems like it will be much more different than previously. Who knows, but I wouldn't rule out Tram getting an big announcement at ScareLA or MidSummer more due to the person that is being involved.

Reactions: HauntJustyn
They could do something similar, but more with whoever is involved with Murdy and Chris this year for the Terror Tram; as it seems like it will be much more different than previously. Who knows, but I wouldn't rule out Tram getting an big announcement at ScareLA or MidSummer more due to the person that is being involved.

You have a point it is a bit funky that the terror tram would announced at Scarela but it is possible. Like in previous years at Scarela they have brought someone up talking about the new thing they announced (2013 "Insidious" Jason Blum, 2014 "An American Werewolf In London" John Landis, 2015 "Halloween" Malek Akkad) they could do something like that for Terror Tram and bring whoever is helping them with the terror tram this year. So in conclusion I believe that one of three opinions will be our Scarela Announcement:

1. "The Conjuring" Maze gets announced at Scarela and they bring up James Wan.

2. "Terror Tram" theme will be announced at Scarela and they bring up whoever is helping them with it.

3. Some other IP Maze gets announced that is exclusive to Hollywood and that we are unaware of and they bring up whoever was involved with that IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Throwing my two cents into the whole ScareLA announcement thing: the scenario in which Jonathan was talking about; the lineup being locked and then something falling out with the Waterworld maze, could mean announcing what would be a shared property after Orlando already announced it. Just for example, maybe The Conjuring was planned to go in Waterworld as a Hollywood exclusive maze to be announced at ScareLA but then something went wrong with it, John could easily turn to a property, like Texas Chainsaw, that Orlando has already secured and announced for their event. It would be weird if they announced it months after Orlando did but considering this type of a scenario it would make some sense. 

Speaking of these two shows, and I apologize if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but does anyone know why some of the Scare LA crew broke off and formed Midsummer Scream? 

To my understanding, Boneyard FX is only appearing at Midsummer. I'm curious to see if one of the HHN announcements outshines the other. If I had to guess, a "Conjuring" with James Wan seems like an ideal announcement. Terror Tram would have to be very impressive to warrant a public announcement, unless it was shoe-horned into a presentation thats a general overview of the event (like their Monsterpalooza presentations.)

^Crazy that it hasn't been announced yet considering this seems to be the furthest along on construction. 

Still waiting on those dormers but it's still lookin' great!

That facade is gonna look so beautiful with all the decorations put up, especially at night. 

Also - got me thinking - if they do plan to put a scare zone on the walk to the Metro sets, why not make it Dark Christmas, especially with Krampus being the first house guests will meet once they arrive? 

I'm curious if all IP's were set in stone or if the WaterWorld maze location IP got changed last minute?

Asked Mr. Murdy this, here was his response: 

2zxxxzo.png

So the speculation continues.... 

Also, sorry for the double post, please forgive me!

That facade is gonna look so beautiful with all the decorations put up, especially at night. 

Also - got me thinking - if they do plan to put a scare zone on the walk to the Metro sets, why not make it Dark Christmas, especially with Krampus being the first house guests will meet once they arrive? 

I thought American horror story was gonna be the first house guest meet? Sorry if I'm wrong I have a terrible memory 

If the seventh maze, in the Waterworld queue, turns out to be Texas Chainsaw Massacre, do you suppose it would be based off of the sequels? John Murdy, earlier in the year, said all the 2016 mazes would be brand new, so I doubt it would be based on the 1974 and 2003 films. I assumed it could be based off the 2012 Texas Chainsaw 3D movie or possibly the older sequels (2,3, Next Generation), or even the upcoming Leatherface movie. Considering the Halloween and Freddy vs. Jason mazes, although the characters aren't new to the event, but their mazes this year are new, since they're based on films that haven't been turned into attractions yet, I just wonder if the same will happen to the possible TCM maze.

You mean "the facade is gonna look so beautiful with all the decorations,Especially at night"...? :)  

No Murdy stated in a tweet that the Maze lineup that none of the mazes have fallen through and been switched for some other IP Maze. Meaning the lineup is probably the same as the rumored lineup and all the mazes are set in stone. Meaning that "The Conjuring" isn't gonna be switched out for "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". That also means that there is still hope for a Scarela "The Conjuring" Maze announcement!

Reactions: chris.g
i have a feeling we may see ghostbusters as a scare zone ...

4 main characters

abby-The one who owns a paranormal class that the principal doesn't know about and the one who sells the "Book" that Erin and her made.

erin-A student in college who got kicked out for making a ghosts video which they thought was fake ....

Patty-The security guard at the train station 

&...

Holtzmann-The one who builds the car,The weapons ...

then the ghosts themselves....

not sure what the names are but ...There's a few 

ghost 1-Ghost that attacks tour guide at museum 

ghost 2-Electric ghost at train station 

ghost 3-Ghost at concert that gets captured for a while ..Until they release it to prove that they weren't lying

& all the rest that Rowan north released when he killed himself ... 

Most noteably marshmallow man & his fellow balloons ... Works out perfectly ...

i have a feeling we may see ghostbusters as a scare zone ...

4 main characters

abby-The one who owns a paranormal class that the principal doesn't know about and the one who sells the "Book" that Erin and her made.

erin-A student in college who got kicked out for making a ghosts video which they thought was fake ....

Patty-The security guard at the train station 

&...

Holtzmann-The one who builds the car,The weapons ...

then the ghosts themselves....

not sure what the names are but ...There's a few 

ghost 1-Ghost that attacks tour guide at museum 

ghost 2-Electric ghost at train station 

ghost 3-Ghost at concert that gets captured for a while ..Until they release it to prove that they weren't lying

& all the rest that Rowan north released when he killed himself ... 

Most noteably marshmallow man & his fellow balloons ... Works out perfectly ...

GB isn't an IP that will happen this year.