The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was just looking the wait time page, and noticed this:

The Walking Dead Attraction - NEXT SCARE HOUR: 4:30-5:15

I guess this is better than opening and closing it without announcements, but it would be nice if they would publish the whole schedule for the day.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Was just looking the wait time page, and noticed this:

The Walking Dead Attraction - NEXT SCARE HOUR: 4:30-5:15

I guess this is better than opening and closing it without announcements, but it would be nice if they would publish the whole schedule for the day.

When inside the park grab a show schedule at the turnstile. On the info sheet it lists when the attraction opens and closes. At least it did before they went to Scare Hours.

When I went went to the park today, they were closing the line for the Waling dead before the posted end times. For example, on the schedule one of the scare times was listed as 4:00 to 4:45. I got to the attraction at 4:25 and they just closed the line for the attraction right before I got there. This is unacceptable. When they post a range of times on a schedule, they should allow anyone who comes within that range to experience the attraction.

Reactions: Rideguy70 and Allia
When I went went to the park today, they were closing the line for the Waling dead before the posted end times. For example, on the schedule one of the scare times was listed as 4:00 to 4:45. I got to the attraction at 4:25 and they just closed the line for the attraction right before I got there. This is unacceptable. When they post a range of times on a schedule, they should allow anyone who comes within that range to experience the attraction.

It seems like this attraction has been a terrible failure, judging by attendance, and by the fact that they are only opening it for 25-45 minutes at a time. They didn't do a bad job creating it, but the concept just doesn't work out for most daytime guests. I wonder how long before they admit it's a failure and replace it? My money is on one year before they announce changes. There's probably secret overhaul plan in the works as we speak, though.

To clarify, they did not close the line early because there were not enough guests. Rather, they closed the line early because there were too many guests in line. They want to everyone to get through before the scare actors are supposed to take their break.

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify, they did not close the line early because there were not enough guests. Rather, they closed the line early because there were too many guests in line. They want to everyone to get through before the scare actors are supposed to take their break.

I see. But even so, if they are only running it 45 minutes at a time, that's because there aren't enough guests to run it constantly, as they did when it first opened. That's not a good sign for an attraction that's less than three months old. Even when I visited back in the middle of August, the wait varied from 0-10 minutes.

Reactions: XD005
I see. But even so, if they are only running it 45 minutes at a time, that's because there aren't enough guests to run it constantly, as they did when it first opened. That's not a good sign for an attraction that's less than three months old. Even when I visited back in the middle of August, the wait varied from 0-10 minutes.

On the weekends, Ive seen it with a pretty consistent 10 - 15 minutes.
I honestly think it just needs to be tweaked a bit. There are a TON of unused spots for Walkers during the day.
Going through doing Halloween Horror Nights, I can see how much of an improvement its had. If they leave it on "HHN mode" and just add 4 more Walkers for daytime ops, I feel like it might do a little better. It honestly feels extremely scarce during the day.

More scareactors means it costs more money to run, and I don't think it would increase daytime attendance.  To be honest, I'm surprised they've even maintained the number of daytime scareactors as it is.  Back when it was HoH, you'd be lucky to have 2 scareactors in the entire maze, and it was much longer.

I think the only way they can increase daytime attendance is to tone down the scares and gore. And that just doesn't make any sense for the Walking Dead theme. So it's a failed experiment, I'm sorry to say.  

I finally went through on Thursday. It's very odd for sure. The queue is unsettlingly as heck, and very detailed. I loved the papers and blood embedded into the floor and the sounds and lighting especially in the last room of the queue. It's very eerie and foreboding much like Tower of Terror's boiler room, but even more intense.

The actual maze itself is a huge letdown. There's some interesting vignettes at the start such as the Bicycle Girl and burning house but after that it's boring and over quickly. I found myself far more interesting in the temp mazes at HHN that night than this "permanent" maze. Not good.

Reactions: William and chris.g
My friend who works in the maze just told me that at the beginning of the year, they will be doing some construction inside the maze to make it longer. Apparently the guests surveys have not been great and they are getting a lot of complaints about how short it is. He said that the new starting point will be the doors right next to the "Don't open, dead inside" doors. 

My friend who works in the maze just told me that at the beginning of the year, they will be doing some construction inside the maze to make it longer. Apparently the guests surveys have not been great and they are getting a lot of complaints about how short it is. He said that the new starting point will be the doors right next to the "Don't open, dead inside" doors. 

Interesting if true. 

Reactions: BernardMesa
I could have gladly done without the expanded studio store, and probably even the Starbucks (although I'm guessing that one is a money maker for USH), if it meant more room for a permanent maze attraction.  One of the nice things about the old House of Horrors was it's length, although part of that was due to it being two stories.

I wonder how they will deal with the que length though if they make that last part into a maze section.  And I can really only see them fitting in one extra maze room into that area, so it won't really expand it that much in my mind.

Well the guy that told me this also told me that this was going to be a Walking Dead walk thru attraction long before it was ever announced or even talked about on this forum so it wouldn't surprise me if this does end up happening. 

And it won't really turn into a new room. They will use the same theming and just add a few walls maybe and more hiding places for the actors. 

That should have been the starting point to begin with. Hopefully they can also do something about the huge empty space between the prison facade and the burning cabin.

You can tell that squeezing an attraction of this caliber in that little spot is really biting them in the behind now. It's nice to hear that they might add to the maze, but it would've been more logical to add to the end rather than drag out the beginning of the maze that already features so much of Season 1. I'm guessing they'll have to close the attraction for a bit of time once Grinchmas is over, unless they can find a way to reroute guests around that section of the queue.

Reactions: chris.g
The biggest concern is that they will lose a LOT of queue space that they will really need for HHN. It sounds like they will use the majority of that space for overflow for TWD next year. I'm still not opposed to adding to the maze.