HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any chance Jurassic World 2 would have a maze this year? I guess Universal would want to advertise the sequel heavily as Jurassic World did quite well in theaters.

Any chance Jurassic World 2 would have a maze this year? I guess Universal would want to advertise the sequel heavily as Jurassic World did quite well in theaters.

Why it could work:

• Velociraptor puppets similar to AWIL, AVP, and Hostel
  • T-Rex giant puppets similar to La Llorona and Freddy vs Jason
  • Majority of scare-actors dressed up as wounded workers
  • Cool sets
  • Creative liberty

Why it wouldn't work:

• Reputation wouldn't be taken seriously by the public
  • Not very "horror"
  • Budget
  • Fans would get mad since it's a property that could be easily replaced with IP that's actually horror

While it would be cool to see a Jurassic World maze like Orlando's Project Evilution, the cons would outweigh the pros. 

Why it could work:

• Cool sets
  • Creative liberty

Why it wouldn't work:

• Not very "horror"
  • Budget
  • Fans would get mad since it's a property that could be easily replaced with IP that's actually horror

While it would be cool to see a Jurassic World maze like Orlando's Project Evilution, the cons would outweigh the pros. 

I have always thought they should do a retheme of the JP ride with a few simple props, fog, lighting, and digital mapping. It doesn't even have to be a "retheme" to Orlando's Evilution. Just add a few cool things to make it more horrific.  

Reactions: DTH and KreepyKarpy
Why it could work:

• Cool sets
  • Creative liberty

Why it wouldn't work:

• Not very "horror"
  • Budget

Oh oaky thanks for explaining why. I just always wonder since in the JP films people do get violently killed by animals in every installment so I just always wondered why it was never considered that. I mean with the Indominus at least you could have played up a 'monster' theme, but yeah I guess the public wouldn't like it since you said the reputation isn't that great for it?

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
Oh oaky thanks for explaining why. I just always wonder since in the JP films people do get violently killed by animals in every installment so I just always wondered why it was never considered that. I mean with the Indominus at least you could have played up a 'monster' theme, but yeah I guess the public wouldn't like it since you said the reputation isn't that great for it?

Yeah, taking from the reaction of This is the End: 3D, the reaction to a Jurassic Park/World maze would be that it's a goofy idea and that Universal is running out of ideas. It would automatically get hate. It's almost equivalent to having FNaF being a maze (which actually happened, but not at HHN).

I have always thought they should do a retheme of the JP ride with a few simple props, fog, lighting, and digital mapping. It doesn't even have to be a "retheme" to Orlando's Evilution. Just add a few cool things to make it more horrific.  

They could even have scrim walls in the finale scene so that during HHN, they can flash strobes behind it to reveal baby velociraptors feasting on the gruesome corpses of JP workers and maybe even guests. Ooooh that'd be so cool.

Wow, a lot has happened on this topic in a day! It's interesting to me that Hollywood doesn't sell alcohol during HHN but until 3pm those days you can do unlimited drinks at Samba or Saddleranch in citywalk. That's not much time before early entry. But I suppose most guests arrive later anyway? 

I have returned! With my speculation:

Terror Tram:Texas chainsaw (Original)

Shows:Jabbawockeez 

Scare Zone:Gauntlet return (TBD)

mazes :

1.Hell Raiser..Very likely 

2.Trick r treat -after a successful krampus maze why not bring this property 

3.Conjuring-Finally debuting 

4.Original maZe 

5.Saw 

6.Insidious 

As long as murdy doesn't bring this "Bye Bye man " god awful movie ...

Any chance we could get Scream Queens? I don't know a lot about the show, but it looks like it has some HHN material from what I've seen. I kind of see it being at the event since AHS happened and Scream almost did in Orlando. But then you have the tone of the show and it would make it similar to the feeling of TitE: 3D.

To be honest, I wouldn't actually mind a maze with the same tone as TitE just as long as it isn't reused bright walls and dull hallways and loud censor beeps. I don't know, I actually  like the idea of funny mazes. It almost fills in the gap that Bill and Ted left behind from me, but not entirely.

Actually now to think of it, putting AHS and Scream Queens in one event would actually be a bad idea considering the wait times and the fandom. 

Any chance we could get Scream Queens? I don't know a lot about the show, but it looks like it has some HHN material from what I've seen. I kind of see it being at the event since AHS happened and Scream almost did in Orlando. But then you have the tone of the show and it would make it similar to the feeling of TitE: 3D.

To be honest, I wouldn't actually mind a maze with the same tone as TitE just as long as it isn't reused bright walls and dull hallways and loud censor beeps. I don't know, I actually  like the idea of funny mazes. It almost fills in the gap that Bill and Ted left behind from me, but not entirely.

Actually now to think of it, putting AHS and Scream Queens in one event would actually be a bad idea considering the wait times and the fandom. 

If we were to get another "show" maze, it'd most likely be the new Scream series. Scream queens is a neat idea but there isn't necessarily a high demand for it compared to AHS. I only say Scream because 

1) Orlando backed out on it, they could always try again and Hollywood could join in.

2) It'd be a smart move to use this IP rather than the movie versions.

3) Scream hasn't had a house yet. 

This is just my input on it. Please be gentle when one of you tears me to shreds :)  

PS, would Cult of Chucky make an appearance at HHN as a house,scarezone or the Terror tram? 

If we were to get another "show" maze, it'd most likely be the new Scream series. Scream queens is a neat idea but there isn't necessarily a high demand for it compared to AHS. I only say Scream because 

1) Orlando backed out on it, they could always try again and Hollywood could join in.

This is just my input on it. Please be gentle when one of you tears me to shreds :)  

PS, would Cult of Chucky make an appearance at HHN as a house,scarezone or the Terror tram? 

If you are talking Scream as in Ghost Face. He got the terror tram for a year.

I mean we've already had Chucky as a house, scarezone, and Terror Tram.

I liked the Chucky's Revenge Terror Tram (even though I've never been on it) for its on-tram immersion into the story (the walkthrough looked meh). It was probably one of the most clever Terror Trams we ever had in terms of backstory. I really wish Terror Tram met up to its previous incarnations with the "it's-not-over-yet" endings, but I guess we lost that forever when we lost the Mummy Tunnel. Hopefully we could have something like Chucky's Revenge again? 

A maze based on every single Chucky movie would actually be kinda neat since there would be a lot to work with. I don't know if Cult of Chucky itself could turn out to be a maze, but it's a possibility.

Roasting is becoming popular in mainstream, so maybe there will be less offended people joining the event so that we can have Chucky's Insult Emporium in a Chucky scarezone like in 2013, or maybe finally become its own show again. (I really just want Chucky to roast me.)

In conclusion, I did not help one bit.

If you are talking Scream as in Ghost Face. He got the terror tram for a year.

Yeah and it kinda sucked. That doesn't mean Scream can't return though.

Fun Fact: Orlando was suppose to have a Scream maze back in 2015, but they wanted to make it based on the movie, not the TV show. The company got mad and pulled the rights from them at last minute, so they changed the maze to The Purge since they already had the rights. It was basically the same maze, just with different scareactors and they completely trashed the sets with graffiti and strobe lights and loud rock music. Ghostface was actually suppose to be promoted in the commercial. You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hf10HFUuKQc?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator: