Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

So if the planets align, I have a chance to go to another screening tomorrow. I'll be interested to see what changes have been made to it since the last one. Going to have some extra maze cravings after, though. I just know it;)

An update: All changes were a godsend. I didn't think I could love it more than I already did BUT. My best friend and I shrieked out loud with delight over an addition.

An update: All changes were a godsend. I didn't think I could love it more than I already did BUT. My best friend and I shrieked out loud with delight over an addition.

I assume you were watching a screening of The Last Jedi and definitely not a Stephen King related movie, specifically the new remake of the 90's classic IT starring Bill Skarsgård as the new role of Pennywise the Clown.

I assume you were watching a screening of The Last Jedi and definitely not a Stephen King related movie, specifically the new remake of the 90's classic IT starring Bill Skarsgård as the new role of Pennywise the Clown.

100% The Last Jedi. I'm pretty sure a maze that's nothing but Crylo Ren would be the scariest thing Murdy could do.

Ok so after a long amount of time I finally got a bit more info from my Source. I have two bits of news

1) Insidious will be a Hollywood Exclusive from what I have heard. Meaning that Writer's Block is Insidous and it being in JP Queue. Our two Exclusive Mazes will be Blumhouse Mashup and Insidous. So for those wondering because of the Issue with the Conjuring Franchise being Sued and Insidous Chapter 4 being pushed back they are both still happening.

2) There will be 3 or (Possibly) 4 Scare Zones this year. No returning (As stated by Murdy). All Original. Heard there would finally be a Scare Zone on the Lower Lot and it will have Chainsaws. So if 3 it could be Opening Scaremony, French Street, and Lower Lot/Backlot (Shared Scare Zone). 

It is gonna be interesting how these next Couple of Weeks play out.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I know I'm double Posting)

So I got a New Connection for Charles and "The Shining" that fits better. The Hints for "Charles" are...

- Tricker than "The Exorcist"

- Has a Iconic Scene that is Instantly associated with the Property and took Murdy a while to figure out

- The Codename could have to do with a Character

- "The other relates to property but is personal too"

- Murdy is excited about this Maze as he thought he never would do it

- "Everything Old is New Again"

- "Yes I named this maze after a friend of mine who shares a name...and other connections"

- "Shhh..."

- Treatment is 71 Pages Long 

So "Charles"... The Show Brockmire has a Character named John Elton played by Ryan Lee and one of the main characters is Charles played by Tyrel Jackson Williams. The Song "Everything Old is New Again" has the lyrics "Put it on backwards when forwards fails" which reverse the name and you get Elton John. Elton John is actually friends with Murdy through Alice Cooper. A famous song person who did a song called "Shine on through".

Also for fun. I recently saw a video that I think is something along the lines of how our Version will work and it will be the Backwards and Forwards Theory. Similar to the Exorcist Banned Trailer Inspiration. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BWpz3yfqVEs?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking that one of the possible ways they may try to do the Elevator blood scene in The Shining attraction is similar to how Orlando did the burning hospital scene in Halloween 2, where they utilize screens to simulate the blood and actual set pieces for it to give guests the immersive feel.

I've been thinking that one of the possible ways they may try to do the Elevator blood scene in The Shining attraction is similar to how Orlando did the burning hospital scene in Halloween 2, where they utilize screens to simulate the blood and actual set pieces for it to give guests the immersive feel.

Don't forget those classy water blasts!

Psssttttttttttt

When I think of the codename "Charles" and the hint that it being named for a friend of Murdy's and other connections, I immediately think of Chucky (Charles Lee Ray). Murdy has considered Chucky a theoretical friend of his, since he's been involved in more of Murdy's HHN's than any other character. And for that scene in Child's Play 3 when Chucky axes part of a door, peeks through and says "heeerrrrre's Chucky", mirroring the exact same scene in the Shining.

I'm wondering if they're gonna go back to using the older, extended route for Terror Tram, considering from what I saw on videos, the shortened route got really packed like a line venue for those who went on TT later in the evening. Also considering if Titans of Terror are coming this year, they may want to extend again and use more of the woods areas.

Yes this is a tweet from Orlando. However, The Shining is a shared property, and both coasts have been waiting to announce something soon. With very very soon being said, I think it would be safe to expect an announcement by week's end